Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to get $50 off a Verizon 9650

sorry if this has been posted before but i thought i'd share in case it might help someone out.

last week i went to the verizon store to upgrade my wife's 8330 to a 9650 via the "new every two" plan. they told me that if i waited two weeks i could get $30 off b/c of some promotion. since my wife was travelling abroad soon and needed a global phone, we decided to simply swap my 9650 onto her line for her trip.

that evening i called verizon global services to get the SIM card in my phone activated. in chatting w/ the rep i mentioned that we tried to get a new 9650 but that our $30 discount wouldn't kick in for another two weeks. he said, "oh, well verizon global has a $50 off deal, so if you order the phone through me now, you'll save an extra $20 and you can get the phone in two days instead of two weeks."

so, if you're in the market for a 9650 and want an extra $50 off the price, call verizon global (this deal pertains to all of their "global" phones, so it'd work for a 9630 or 9550 apparently as well).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

do you have to activate some kind of global line? or some addon for international use?
  3. Eg2
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'd like some more info aswell

I got the $50 off when I purchased the Tour. It was just for getting a GLOBAL phone from Verizon. You did not have to do anything else special.