Hi everyone. I need help with my blackberry 9650(unlocked). When i click on the browser it only lets me connect through hotspot browser, giving me no other option for internet browser. I tried reseting the phone and still no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

-Anthony
    03-05-11 03:10 PM
    Do you have a BB Data plan including browsing and not just a generic data plan?
    03-05-11 05:10 PM
    I have the blackberry plan. And i updated the device and now it works.
    03-05-11 05:42 PM
    Where is the hotspot browser? I can't seem to find it on my device. Does it work better than opera mini?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 09:37 PM
    Where is the hotspot browser? I can't seem to find it on my device. Does it work better than opera mini?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you have OS 5, it's an option to use the Wi-Fi connection if you have it for surfing the web instead of your 2/3G BIS connecton, which is faster. If you have OS 6 you already have it the minute Wi-Fi is connected.
    04-13-11 01:01 PM
    Opera Mini is not a hotspot browser, is it? I thought the native browser was the internet browser and if you're using wi-fi, your browser becomes a hotspot browser. Wait, I'm confused now.
    skyboxer likes this.
    04-13-11 09:08 PM
    Opera Mini is not a hotspot browser, is it? I thought the native browser was the internet browser and if you're using wi-fi, your browser becomes a hotspot browser. Wait, I'm confused now.
    Opera can use Wi-Fi I think if they programmed it in, and so can the native browser. All "Hotspot Browser" means is the RIM native browser uses Wi-Fi instead of 3G.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-13-11 11:27 PM
    Options-Advanced options-Browser-Default browser config....make changes there.
    04-14-11 09:22 AM
    Options-Advanced options-Browser-Default browser config....make changes there.
    i did, but the only option is hotspot browser. any suggestion?
    06-09-11 07:31 PM
    i did, but the only option is hotspot browser. any suggestion?
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan?
    06-09-11 07:42 PM
    Your phone will only show Hotspot Browser until it's properly provisioned by your carrier with a data plan, then Internet browser becomes the default option.
    06-10-11 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD