Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Help Blackberry 9650 unlock didnt unlock fully

hello i have a Blackberry 9650 and i unlocked it with a unlock code to simple mobile and the lowercase edge won go to higercase so i went to the sim card settings and it said network disabled instead of it saying enabled. Help anyone ? customer service couldnt help me saying the phone had a problem. but i know it doesnt . thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

If you are getting a signal the phone is unlocked as such. Are you able to make calls and send texts? In order to use data you will need a Blackberry data plan on your account
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,135 Global Posts

The problem is not that the device "didn't unlock fully". "Network - Disabled" is what you want it to read.

1. You need a BlackBerry Data Plan (as noted above).
    2. You need to manually load the Service Books. Since you are on Simple Mobile, try the TMobile service books.
    HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on T-Mobile w/Unlocked Storm 95xx
    CrackBerry Abuser

Once you have loaded the service books, does 9650 run 2G? 3G? (We know 9650 won't do 4G) + is it expected to be fully functional using simple bb plan or just talk + text? Do bbm, bb email, apps, app world continue to work?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,135 Global Posts

cherimoya, are you asking if the 9650 will get 3G on Simple Mobile? The answer is no. It doesn't have those radios. It will be 2G only.

But yes, if the device is active on Simple Mobile with the proper BlackBerry Data Plan, then all the applications should work after the Service Books are loaded.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks! Appreciate that.

So- are communications over 2G-Simple network slower, faster, or the same as my actual Sprint experience on 3G?! Possible my actual sprint connection (vs wifi which is great) typically is as slow as 2G, in which case it will be the same experience for less $. Hmm...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,346 Global Posts
    PIN
    Zebra Ballpoint

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post

But yes, if the device is active on Simple Mobile with the proper BlackBerry Data Plan, then all the applications should work after the Service Books are loaded.
    Does updating the host routing table do that automatically? I'm using a 9900 I bought now on Simple Mobile but I played around with my old Verizon 9650 one day; I decided to stick this SIM card in to see if it'd even connect. Phone functionality automatically worked, but I did not have any data service until I went into settings and told it to update the HRT, and that was it. BIS was active in all of it's 2G glory.

But yeah, sticking the card in, updating HRT, that was it. This is my contingency plan should anything bad befall my 9900.

@Cherimoya; it is 2G. People often say Sprint sucks but Sprint is pretty popular where I live, and i've never really had them myself so I can't speak to that, but I can say that the 2G experience on Simple Mobile to my 9650 was, well, liveable. If your really used to high speed and impatient you might get annoyed, but otherwise it's not that terrible. Still beats the pants off a flip phone or something anyday right? I feel it's totally worth the sacrifice; it may be 2G but where else can you get any kind of BlackBerry service for a Bold for $50 a month for unlimited everything?