Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32D340A1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question FELLOW BBers -- I NEED HELP! SKYPE, IM+, HELP..

I have a 9650 with Sprint PCS and I have family internationally, outside of using phone cards and VOIP plans, I wanted to know if there is any good program to use that would allow me to use google talk or even Skype?

Verizon has the rights to Skype, it won't work on SPRINT as I am sure all of you already know (which sucks!) and i'm sure you also know that fring does not exist for BB.

I tried ISKOOT and it actually worked once but once the system picked up on what I was doing, it shut it down. What are your thoughts, any ideas? I heard good and bad things (mainly bad) about IM+ Talk, I just need a client I can use for google talk and/or Skype (mainly skype) on my BOLD 9650 for SPRINT.

Please HELP -- THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts

IM+ Talk DOES indeed offer Skype VOIP over 3G/Wifi, however it's only half-duplex (meaning you have to press a button to talk and release it to listen, kinda like a walkie talke)
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32D340A1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Culex316 View Post
    IM+ Talk DOES indeed offer Skype VOIP over 3G/Wifi, however it's only half-duplex (meaning you have to press a button to talk and release it to listen, kinda like a walkie talke)
    Thanks Culex316 - I was hoping there would be a better option. I tried the IM+ on the OS 6 platform and it sucked, it was just horrible but I think part of that is because they are working on the OS 6 update. That aside, I heard bad things about it even before that on OS 5. I guess there is really no other choice, I was hoping that through Google Talk or even Google Voice that I could use my mobile and someone could call me ala logging into your gmail on a pc and calling a logged in contact but I guess not. This sucks
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msa7214 View Post
    Thanks Culex316 - I was hoping there would be a better option. I tried the IM+ on the OS 6 platform and it sucked, it was just horrible but I think part of that is because they are working on the OS 6 update. That aside, I heard bad things about it even before that on OS 5. I guess there is really no other choice, I was hoping that through Google Talk or even Google Voice that I could use my mobile and someone could call me ala logging into your gmail on a pc and calling a logged in contact but I guess not. This sucks
    If you do a lot of long-distance calling, a nice alternative is Rebtel

Cheap International Calls From Rebtel

This is how it works: you go to the rebtel home page, sign up, enter foreign phone numbers and then specify your local area code..so when you make calls, you make calls to a special local number generated for each foreign number that you enter, and thus you have one-button long-distance calling, which gets discounted from your balance.

You can even log into their wap page to look up the individual numbers, and I've found the rates to be much cheaper/more reasonable than Skype.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32D340A1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Culex316 View Post
    If you do a lot of long-distance calling, a nice alternative is Rebtel

Cheap International Calls From Rebtel

This is how it works: you go to the rebtel home page, sign up, enter foreign phone numbers and then specify your local area code..so when you make calls, you make calls to a special local number generated for each foreign number that you enter, and thus you have one-button long-distance calling, which gets discounted from your balance.

You can even log into their wap page to look up the individual numbers, and I've found the rates to be much cheaper/more reasonable than Skype.
    Thanks man I appreciate it.