Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bricked my 9650

Hey

I just got my 9650.. I had the 9630. I"m trying to transfer all my contacts and apps over. I"ve done it before with other blackberries but I'm not sure what went wrong this time around

I plugged my tour into DM. I went to device switch wizard and then preceeded to switch blackberry devices. I plugged my tour in..it copied it...it told me to plug in my bold...did that...and it loaded up fine. then it started bugging out...so I performed a battery pull and now its bricked.

I've never had this happen to me. I've read on how to reload the software and I think I have enough knowledge in order to reload the OS onto the phone.

but how do I go about transferring all my contacts and apps over..

Thank
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    PIN
    3229CB58

this will be more then helpful for you to reload your os... you didnt brick your phone.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thanks. I guess I meant nuked

it would show the loading screen, go halfway up and shut off and do it all over again

I'm reloading the OS as I type.

Any helpful tips in transferring my apps but most importantly my contacts??
    I usually use device switch wizard...but it nuked it this time and def do not want to go thru that route again
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    PIN
    3229CB58

get 2 bb cables, and do the device swap with both blackberry's plugged in... make sure you use desktop manager 5.+ or even better desktop manager 6....

just make sure you swap the old device to the new device
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,777 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me

Backup your old device using DM, then restore your 9650 with that same file. For apps, backup the apps on your 9630 with BBsak (RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0). Once you have your 9650 up and running fire up app loader, go to the folder where bbsak saved your apps, then click the .alx file to upload your apps.
    Device: Bold 9650 - OS 6.0.0.431
    Accessories: Seidio Innocase 360, Seidio Charging Dock
    Top Apps: StudentDocket, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, Google Voice, BBSmart Alarms Pro
    Reviews: Seidio Innocase Snap & Innocase Hybrid for 9630/9650

More space is always good
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,872 Global Posts

Your apps will have to be done over, they don't get transferred over. You just have to go into your account on the site you got your apps and change the PIN, once you show you are the person, your apps will be transferred over.
    Having the Back-up Assistant you can get your contacts. So if you didn't have the Back-Up Assistant on your Tour, be sure to get it on your Bold so you won't have this problem. You get it from your account online.
    Hope this helps.

Have an Incredible day !
    Phoenix Suns Rule !