Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold 9650 or Tour 2....... CLEAR IT UP FOR ME.....PLEASE

Ok so just the other day I had a guy in my little store YELLING and cursing at me that I was selling false bolds..... He was telling me that all my 9650's are actually Tour 2's. He then wiped out his 9630 and said, "See! They're the same!" "The back is wrong, plug it in and you will see it will say Tour." (I have unlocked all my cells and knew none would say Tour) So, kinda cocky, I bet him 100$ shook on it and plugged her in. Only to see the big old bold, BOLD 9650. He got even crazier, plugged in his Tour 9630 and it said Tour 9630. He then told me that he would only give me 100$ for the phone, (where I live i can sell them for 125$ cuz everyone else sells them for about 150$ in the same shape , PS Not in the states) I told him to have a nice night and leave without paying me.... I didn't want to deal with him any more. Sometimes its better to loose a customer then gain 14 headaches.

My Q for all you guys, after reading a few forums on the subject I'm left in the same boat. Was he right? It says Bold, and the Comp is saying Bold. "If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck is it a horse?"

Talk to me or at least give a few links to the dead on answer.
    Blackberry IS NOT a Dominican word people........
    Thanked by:
    kdeckels (12-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,218 Global Posts

The 9650 is a Bold. If you have the 9650, then you have a Bold.
    CrackBerry Addict

Bold...............
    8830WE > 9650> Z10

PB 64GB
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

Bold . .interesting that it bothered him so much, the phone is what it is and does what it does no matter what its called . .it's not like its a 9650 and you told him its a 9930
    CrackBerry Abuser

I happen to have both, about a month ago my Tour began acting up, random reboots and such. It had been totally reliable till then. I purchased a refurbished 9650 BOLD, only to discover that it was the SD card which was damaged. I figured this out though the Forums on the day before the BOLD arrived. Now I have two functioning Blackberries. As I recall the 9650 was anticipated to be labeled the Tour 2 but came with the extra memory, WIFI and was OS6 capable.
    Don't know what this fellow's problem was, takes all kinds.
    Tony Renier
    Green Bay, WI, USA

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
    G.K. Chesterton
    Thanked by:
    selltech88 (12-07-2012) 

Global Posts
    10,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

If I remember right, the 9650 was originally slated to be the Tour 2 (and is certainly what the Tour should have been), but the Tour was a colossal failure (hardware problems, etc), and so RIM decided to kill the Tour line and include the 9650 in the far more successful Bold line.
    While it is more similar physically to the Tour, IME it's been far more dependable. RIM never actually released it as the Tour 2, they released it as the Bold. That's good enough for me.
    It's a Bold.
    Thanked by:
    selltech88 (12-07-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,757 Global Posts

In addition to what SCrid said, the 9650 was released a few months before the Bold 9780, and it was supposed to be the CDMA equivalent of the latter release. They two aren't quite the same (besides the radio, of course), but are both in the Bold line.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thanks! Real clear now! Ya some peoples kids just get angry. Haha Ya a lot of my clients dont really like their tours that much, but good for me I have the BOLD! Thanks guys!
    Blackberry IS NOT a Dominican word people........
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

I'd never call the Tour a failure, mine was a GREAT phone and I was very fond of it. It worked reliably on VZW and, for awhile, on T-Mobile after unlocking it and following the instructions on Howard Forums and here.

Unfortunately, I have no more 9630 due to a reading failure, the letters "BlackBerry" at the top of the phone were misread by someone I won't name as "ChewToy" and BB was no match for the bite pressure of the little pup...