Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry Blackberry 9650 ringer

Somehow the ringer got turned off. I need some help to turn it on. Any suggestions?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Blackberry 9650 ringer

Sounds icon top left corner of screen -- the (active) will indicate whether you inadvertently set it to vibrate or silent mode. If so, just click on normal (or loud or medium as you wish) to restore sound.

If this isn't the cause: Sounds; scroll down without clicking to edit profiles, choose the profile you had set to be active + see whether the settings match (ie ringer volume isn't 0; default ringer is the one you want). Make any necessary changes + be aware that If you recently installed an app + gave it trusted status / or didn't give it trusted status but did allow device settings, this might be the cause of changes to your sound profile.. So once you reset the ringers/ alarms to what you want, go into options, choose applications, open the new app options, menu expand, set 'device settings' permission to deny, restart phone, don't allow it when phone restarts + app asks for the permission - (this may or may not disable the app for now), but will allow you to figure out whether it is the culprit. If it continues with this apps permission disabled, maybe its another app! Read/ Post on forums of apps you recently installed (here + on app sites if applicable). When you have figured it out can choose to contact app creator/ choose alternate app to do same thing, try other solutions you may discover within forum discussions re that particular app. Probably will need to remove offending app if it is dysfunctional w device settings disabled. This happened to me once after installing drivesafe.ly pro when blackberry offered it as a free giveaway - + there was a discussion on here at the time in the apps>drivesafe.ly forum. No idea whether it remains an issue all these months later; I removed drivesafe.ly + forgot about it.

Good luck!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    montego3 (01-28-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the response, much appreciated. I have tried all of the above. I have no other apps on this phone just the standard apps. The problem began after the phone got some moisture behind the screen in a high humidity situation. It appears to have dried out now and the phone works normally otherwise, but it does not appear to respond to the mute button on the right hand top of the phone. This is a phone I purchased on E bay unlocked from Verizon
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Ringer working now. Thanks for your help