Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    PIN
    328689E5
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Battery Life on 6.0.0.524

Hey all, I was wondering of those of you running 6.0.0.524 how is your battery life? Mine is terrible. With 6.0.0.415 I could get about 12-14 hours with steady to active use. With 6.0.0.524 im getting about 9 hours tops. I know a new OS can take a few days to break in. Ive done my battery pulls and have been running it since it leaked on Monday. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated
    So very true! I'm a firm believer that other platforms are very lacking in the heart and soul of what a phone is..first and foremost a communications device..!as no one is better poised as far as mobile "pure communications" as RIM is this decade to leed with no rival...argue that all you want....it is what it is!

The above quote was so brilliantly stated by MISSING_K-W
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,722 Global Posts

I am getting excellent battery life on this build.

Since 7am to now at 70% with moderate use.

I don;t have a lot of crazy apps installed either.

I was getting the best battery life I've seen in a very very long time with 524. That is until I installed LiveProfile. Now it isn't something to I would write home about.

If you don't have any of the memory and battery hog apps you should be like most people and get great results from this built.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    PIN
    328689E5
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Basically what I have installed is

Pandora
    ESPN RADIO
    BeBuzz
    facebook
    angry farm
    opera mini
    font collection
    smart wifi
    blackberry protect
    app world
    our groceries
    quickpull
    youmail
    live profile
    quicklaunch
    google sync
    google talk
    yesterberry
    hangman
    fall down
    look and listen
    app stalker

I only have any of these open when I am using them. Does having them on the device use battery even if they arent open?
    So very true! I'm a firm believer that other platforms are very lacking in the heart and soul of what a phone is..first and foremost a communications device..!as no one is better poised as far as mobile "pure communications" as RIM is this decade to leed with no rival...argue that all you want....it is what it is!

The above quote was so brilliantly stated by MISSING_K-W
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    948 Global Posts

My battery life has been pretty bad with this build. Its not awful but its not as good as the verizon official or any of the previous leaks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    It's that flag on the green that I try to hit my golf ball close to.

I have been off the charger since about 6:30 am, am now at 70% with a Seidio 2600. I was on .466 with King's hybrid and by this time would be under 30%. For me this build is much better on battery life.

Some apps run all the time, even when you think you have closed them. It is the nature of those apps. If you hold down the BB key it will show you all of the apps that are running. My guess is that something like the "Live Profile" that you mention sounds like one of those apps that runs all the time. The only way that you will stop them from running all the time is to remove them from your device.
    Bob
    "The old Rambler, confined to Rehab"

Blackberry 101 tutorial on how to load and OS using apploader:
    How To Install or Upgrade your BlackBerry's Operating System

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBengal21 View Post
    Basically what I have installed is

Pandora
    ESPN RADIO
    BeBuzz
    facebook
    angry farm
    opera mini
    font collection
    smart wifi
    blackberry protect
    app world
    our groceries
    quickpull
    youmail
    live profile
    quicklaunch
    google sync
    google talk
    yesterberry
    hangman
    fall down
    look and listen
    app stalker

I only have any of these open when I am using them. Does having them on the device use battery even if they arent open?
    It will depend on how often Facebook updates, how often App Stalker is serching for apps, and how much you use Pandora. But LiveProfile is a very big battery hog that can't be turned off. So those are the apps I see that might be a battery drain for you. But they will with any OS, not just 524.
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    PIN
    sanity!

My battery life is great on 524. LP is a known battery hog!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

another vote here for great battery life. i'm running my music player about 5-6 hours a day and moderate texting/emailing and when i get home after about 12 hours being off the charger I'm still at around 40% on the stock battery.
    CrackBerry User

Agree, having worse battery life than with .443... Not horrible but noticeably worse.
    CrackBerry Master

I just loaded this early yesterday afternoon and so far battery life is absolutely superior to the "official" VZW OS. Would not be surprised to see this become "official" soon as the device just seems to run smoother.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

Can anyone from sprint verify if you are able to text past 160 characters with this op system. Thanks in advance
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,722 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i_hiker View Post
    I just loaded this early yesterday afternoon and so far battery life is absolutely superior to the "official" VZW OS. Would not be surprised to see this become "official" soon as the device just seems to run smoother.

Still has some issues, as any OS for any device has issues. Not a true GOLD build. But very close.

CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Still has some issues, as any OS for any device has issues. Not a true GOLD build. But very close.
    Yup...camera locked up on me earlier but battery life seems exceptional. 80% left on my 1700 mAh battery since my post this morning with fairly heavy use since then.

CrackBerry Abuser

I have over 34 apps installed and I use most of them daily, the battery life I am getting is one of the best I have had, the browser is faster , the radio seems to be A-One as well. Reboots in 3 and a half minutes the best I have ever had. Overall i can describe this OS in one word, SWEET. I also saw someone else describe it as the cat's meow and i will second it, highly recommend this one.

P>S have had no trouble with the camera locking up or any of the other apps I run so far, will update if I do.

Global Posts
    15,722 Global Posts

Try to take 3-4 pictures in a row. This it will reboot for you

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Try to take 3-4 pictures in a row. This it will reboot for you
    This doesn't happen to everyone. Most of the people I know don't have the problem, myself included. I've taken up to 20 pictures in a row and have never had a reboot issue. I try this out with ever new OS or hybrid I install.
    Need help? Just ask.