CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question answerQUICK: Will IT Policy removal remove Unlock??

I have a 9650 verizon unlocked for AT&T. Everything works fine, except MMS. I'm ASSUMING its because of the IT policy because it shows I'm using BES and BIS.

So to remove the IT policy it will reset the phone to Factory settings correct? Will this remove the phone being unlocked? So it will be back locked to Verizon??

If so, is there a way to remove the IT policy without resetting?
    I've also heard that blackberry desktop now has a feature to remove it, where? (i'll take a link)

Thanks.
    What a hassle.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,143 Global Posts

Removing the IT Policy will have no effect on the unlock status of the phone. It's not possible to relock an unlocked BlackBerry. Make a backup before you remove the policy. I don't recall if removing the IT Policy resets the BlackBerry or not, but if it does, you can always restore from the backup.

One warning: If you bought a used BlackBerry and are not using it on a corporate account, you can remove the IT Policy with no problems. If you are using a corporate BlackBerry on a corporate account and remove the IT policy, it will be pushed back the first time your BlackBerry connects to the Enterprise Server and you could get in serious trouble for violating security.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    Removing the IT Policy will have no effect on the unlock status of the phone. It's not possible to relock an unlocked BlackBerry. Make a backup before you remove the policy. I don't recall if removing the IT Policy resets the BlackBerry or not, but if it does, you can always restore from the backup.

One warning: If you bought a used BlackBerry and are not using it on a corporate account, you can remove the IT Policy with no problems. If you are using a corporate BlackBerry on a corporate account and remove the IT policy, it will be pushed back the first time your BlackBerry connects to the Enterprise Server and you could get in serious trouble for violating security.
    Thank You! Yes I bought it used and dont want/need BES. Is there an easy way of doing it through desktop manager? Just click restore settings?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,143 Global Posts

Sorry, I don't have Desktop Manager installed on any PC, so I can't check the options. I'd be surprised if DM could remove an IT Policy, but I don't know. I am a BES user. The only time I removed the IT Policy on a phone, I used this procedure: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i hv tried to remove it policy but i m gettin access to file denied..wat can i do frm there
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

just had to do this myself to resolve a Facebook/Twitter issue on a 9650 I picked up off Craigslist...

Plug your Bold into your computer>go to Desktop Manager>click on Help (the question mark in the top right corner)>click on Support Resources>Support Tools

Now choose Factory Reset...this will wipe everything back to that Fresh Out of the Box state...but your device will remain unlocked
    BlackBerry Diva

Quote Originally Posted by tmotytn View Post
    just had to do this myself to resolve a Facebook/Twitter issue on a 9650 I picked up off Craigslist...

Plug your Bold into your computer>go to Desktop Manager>click on Help (the question mark in the top right corner)>click on Support Resources>Support Tools
    Now choose Factory Reset...this will wipe everything back to that Fresh Out of the Box state...but your device will remain unlocked
    Not all versions of Desktop Manager have this same feature. Look for version Desktop Manager 6.1, then follow the exact steps from this thread. Remove IT Policy using BB Desktop Manager

(Find download for DM 6.1 here ---> http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...-software.html )

Make sure to back up all your files, third party apps, and contacts before you start, because you will be wiping everything off your phone, and starting over. You will need some time, at least an hour or more, depending on what you need to restore.
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 01-24-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.