Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default .975 Upgrade-Why Wireless Saying "No Updates Avaiable"? Wireless Upgrade Better?

Been checking for updates wireless on 9650. Still says No Updates. Why does it not show up? Upgrading wireless seems easier-easy transfer contacts and info. Any way of getting it to upgrade wireless now?
    What is the most efficient way to update?
    Appreciated, thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    16,359 Global Posts

I never upgrade ota. Use your computer it's faster and you don't have to worry about the signal fluctuating.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by princebb View Post
    I never upgrade ota. Use your computer it's faster and you don't have to worry about the signal fluctuating.
    Agreed! Never updated OTA...never will.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    PIN
    331AB7D3

I've updated many times using OTA never had a problem and it is a lot easier. Used wifi on a fast connection took less than 20 min.

CrackBerry Abuser

were do i find the wireless or ota link?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,777 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    Been checking for updates wireless on 9650. Still says No Updates. Why does it not show up? Upgrading wireless seems easier-easy transfer contacts and info. Any way of getting it to upgrade wireless now?
    What is the most efficient way to update?
    Appreciated, thanks.
    It will not show an available upgrade if you are running an unofficial OS.
    Device: Bold 9650 - OS 6.0.0.431
    Accessories: Seidio Innocase 360, Seidio Charging Dock
    Top Apps: StudentDocket, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, Google Voice, BBSmart Alarms Pro
    Reviews: Seidio Innocase Snap & Innocase Hybrid for 9630/9650

More space is always good
    CrackBerry Addict

Ditto that on the unofficial OS.

Just did an ota upgrade, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. Everything is working great, and only issue was I had to re-register some applications by re-entering license keys. No big deal.

I am connected to wifi at home, and ota upgrade was much quicker than I had expected it to be.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts

I wipe my phone everytime before a new OS, and use shrink-a-os to save tons of device memory. I'd never do a OTA install, unless it had these options.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    The Red Informant - thoughts from an independent geek
    CrackBerry Abuser

were do we start this upgrade?

Global Posts
    69,148 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Ca3sar View Post
    were do we start this upgrade?
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

This is where I got the leak from and mine is working great!
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts

Not trying to hijack the thread, but can I install the Verizon 5.0.0.975 update to my Sprint phone? It requires a phone number on the website in order to download it.

Global Posts
    69,148 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but can I install the Verizon 5.0.0.975 update to my Sprint phone? It requires a phone number on the website in order to download it.
    Yes, you can. Just remember to delete the vendor.xml file before installing the OS to your phone.
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee5799 View Post
    Yes, you can. Just remember to delete the vendor.xml file before installing the OS to your phone.
    Thanks for your reply! How can i get the official version of 5.0.0.975 since it doesn't show up in my Blackberry Desktop? Also - how do you delete the vendor.xml file?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts

I've only installed ota once so not sure as I remember but there is no chance to delete certain junk stuff that I'd never use if I recall. Your pretty much at the mercy of the wireless servers right? In any case I've downloaded via my laptop many times and prefer it as I can utilize certain "shrink os" options to get rid of fluff junk. Also can keep the os file for later use if need be. Since I seem to go back and forth between os's alot. LOL!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts

Thanks for your reply! How can i get the official version of 5.0.0.975 since it doesn't show up in my Blackberry Desktop? Also - how do you delete the vendor.xml file?
    Did the link she posted above not work? It's basically the same exact file anyway. If not try bbleaks.com as they used to have a link also. Doubt you'll be able to get the official being on sprint.
    Make sure you have no older versions installed, if so they need to be deleted, sounds like you wouldn't have this tho.
    After you install it on your pc: Best to shut off your internet connection, close DM, click the newly installed icon, should be on your desktop, wait till it's finished installing, it may prompt you a couple times to click something, Then go to c-files,program files,common files,research in motion files,apploader, at the bottom of this you'll find the vendor file, right click for delete option. then when thats all done connect your bb and click on loader exe file, and follow the directions. Obviously do not disconnect your bb till it says it's finished.
    This way you can keep your 975 file for any future use or need.
    I've never lost any contacts, info,emails,texts or anything doing it this way, only have to input your app codes, re-install themes from mobi hand.
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-18-2010 at 01:40 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Did the link she posted above not work? It's basically the same exact file anyway. If not try bbleaks.com as they used to have a link also. Doubt you'll be able to get the official being on sprint.
    Make sure you have no older versions installed, if so they need to be deleted, sounds like you wouldn't have this tho.
    After you install it on your pc: Best to shut off your internet connection, close DM, click the newly installed icon, should be on your desktop, wait till it's finished installing, it may prompt you a couple times to click something, Then go to c-files,program files,common files,research in motion files,apploader, at the bottom of this you'll find the vendor file, right click for delete option. then when thats all done connect your bb and click on loader exe file, and follow the directions. Obviously do not disconnect your bb till it says it's finished.
    This way you can keep your 975 file for any future use or need.
    I've never lost any contacts, info,emails,texts or anything doing it this way, only have to input your app codes, re-install themes from mobi hand.

Are there two different versions for Personal Email vs. Enterprise/Corporate? I am using Blackberry Enterprise so just wanted to make sure.. I know there are two different links on the Verizon website..
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts

Are there two different versions for Personal Email vs. Enterprise/Corporate? I am using Blackberry Enterprise so just wanted to make sure.. I know there are two different links on the Verizon website..
    Sorry, can't answer that. BES is a whole diff thing from what I've used. Never used it, never will as my bb is mine only. Maybe someone will chime in and answer for you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by jorGeorge View Post
    It will not show an available upgrade if you are running an unofficial OS.

I have original phone from Verizon and have not changed any OS.
    Again, when I update from phone it says No avaiable updates. Version is .732
    Thanks.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    I have original phone from Verizon and have not changed any OS.
    Again, when I update from phone it says No avaiable updates. Version is .732
    Thanks.
    My brother's BB was doing the same thing. Connect to Desktop Manager and look for an update through it. That is how he found it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Sorry, can't answer that. BES is a whole diff thing from what I've used. Never used it, never will as my bb is mine only. Maybe someone will chime in and answer for you.
    I got everything updated and working great. Thanks!
    Now i am trying to figure out what is different because I sure can't tell !
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

I also went to Desktop Manager and went to update device and said no software updates a s well?
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thxs