Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default .975 and Battery Life

I just upgraded to .975..used Mac desktop manager..went smoothly..but now I notice that my battery drains very fast...I just charged it to 100% and in like 5 minutes it was down to 92%???? I used to lose that over night...hmmmm.....nothing but core apps running from what I can see? Any thoughts...Thanks
    CrackBerry User

yeah ive noticed that too. upgraded .975 and baterry drains tooo fast use go on almost two days withou charging now i have to charge it everyday. os6 hurry up and get here jajajaj officially
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,240 Global Posts

Have no idea what yur problems are unless it's something possibly running in background. Most everyone is experiencing better battery life with 5/975 and 6/280. I have been back and forth between those two several times and have very good battery life on both. I'd check my running apps(social network stuff)and possibly reload the os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Battery life has slightly improved for me on .975 and I updated from .810. I do remember a while back when, after an update, I had to be patient and let my battery "settle in." This issue might have something to do with the OS you updated from and the situation could correct itself in a few days.

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Have no idea what yur problems are unless it's something possibly running in background. Most everyone is experiencing better battery life with 5/975 and 6/280. I have been back and forth between those two several times and have very good battery life on both. I'd check my running apps(social network stuff)and possibly reload the os.

Do you use application such as meterberry to measure this?
    if so can you tell us the average discharge rate between 5/975 and 6/280
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Hope battery gets better or ill go back to 6.0. Its already at 58% at noon. OS 6 would be at 50% at 4pm

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts

Running .975 now. No difference from .732, which had great battery life under severe usage.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    The Red Informant - thoughts from an independent geek
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    2,113 Global Posts

Great battery life here too. Sounds like user error to me.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    ask and you shall receive

I've never had any problems with my battery life. I just went to .975 and I think if anything my battery life is better than what I had before with the .732.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Signal is def worse on 975 than OS 6. Gonna be switching back to OS 6 tonight

CrackBerry User

I've noticed better battery life ever since installing .975. Maybe just let the battery 'settle' in as some people have been saying
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask nicely

my battery life have been best on .975 than any other OS I have tried so far
    The channel for Entrepreneurs to share - follow my channel at http://channelpin.com/C00070914
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,929 Global Posts

I am not having battery issues with the upgrade. I did with the 6.0. Have no intnetions of going 6.0agai
    Prfer the 5.0n

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,240 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chem2kui View Post
    Do you use application such as meterberry to measure this?
    if so can you tell us the average discharge rate between 5/975 and 6/280
    Sorry, no, don't use it. I'm not that technically caring about it to get a 3rd party app to measure discharge rates. I might if I was having issues tho. It's so obviously better for me on either of those os's that I was just chiming in with a noticible diff for my usage which stays steady day to day.
    I've heard on these forums that others agree that social feed apps that are constantly on retrieving data can be hard on battery life. I don't use any as a constant connection.