Just as the title says. I just loved my theme, but after upgrading from 4.6 to 5.0..my theme won't work. Does anyone know where I can find the same "Friendly Tidy Today" theme that is 5.0 instead of 4.6? It says it was made by Karen, but I have no idea who that is or where to find her. PLEASE....PLEASE...PLEASE HELP???
    06-04-10 12:29 PM
    Some scrEen shots perhaps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 01:40 PM
    I deleted CaptureIt, so no screen shot.
    06-04-10 02:12 PM
    OK. Trying this.

06-04-10 03:41 PM
    That's an old theme by Karen at PMB. It's no longer available.
    It is similar to this one:
    Claro - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    06-04-10 04:07 PM
    That's an old theme by Karen at PMB. It's no longer available.
    It is similar to this one:
    Claro - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Yes. It was old, but my favorite. I'm d/ling Claro. Thanks. I'll let you know.
    06-04-10 06:28 PM
    Right off the bat this one sucks. What's with that PCK crap on it?
    06-04-10 06:33 PM
    Now available with new PCK feature: Pootermobile's Customizable Keyboard. This new feature (available only for non-touchscreen devices) lets you customize 5 hotkeys according to your application screen order. And the Spacebar opens QuickLaunch. When the theme is activated there will be a popup menu that lets you know which hotkeys open which app slot. To hide the popup menu click E and to bring back the menu click W
    06-04-10 06:44 PM
    A little harsh on one of the better theme designers that post here.
    06-04-10 07:50 PM
    I thought the same thing Andy, but I was trying to help. This guy has complained about everything since upgrading to OS 5.0. His OS has no memory for some unknown reason (this OS has been pretty good with memory for most of us), and he wants to use a theme that was made well over a year ago (from a theme maker who is no longer around) and built on the old plazmic program, and his BerryWeather app didn't work properly either!
    He should probably downgrade back to 4.6.
    Last edited by tellsells; 06-04-10 at 08:24 PM.
    06-04-10 08:19 PM
    I thought the same thing Andy, but I was trying to help. This guy has complained about everything since upgrading to OS 5.0. His OS has no memory for some unknown reason (this OS has been pretty good with memory for most of us), and he wants to use a theme that was made well over a year ago (from a theme maker who is no longer around) and built on the old plazmic program.
    He should probably downgrade back to 4.6.
    I know. You where being as helpful as you could but I finally had enough of the complaints when he blasted a theme he purchased without even reading anything about it. I gave up on trying to help him after the constant complaining about everything.......
    06-04-10 08:26 PM
    I know. You where being as helpful as you could but I finally had enough of the complaints when he blasted a theme he purchased without even reading anything about it. I gave up on trying to help him after the constant complaining about everything.......
    Really? And just what did YOU help me with?

I think anyone that had their 9000 for 2 years, and it always ran perfect until they installed the new OS, would be extremely frustrated when all the sudden it became unstable and the memory went from 21 to 0 within 40 minutes and the battery went from a full charge to dead within 3 hours.

If you think asking for help, and barely getting any help, is 'constant complaining about everything', there is something wrong with you!
    06-05-10 07:12 AM
    Actually, I am always glad to help solve problems but some of your responses have been a little rude.
    And you have had problems that we all have been trying to help that no one else has. As an example, the memory on OS 5.0.0.681 has been very stable for most of us. We keep telling you to "dump" the themes that were not made for 5.0 but you insist that they are the only ones you want. And the one you want was made on an old program by a developer that is no longer around. I truly suspect the 4.6 theme is part of your memory problem. OS 5.0 has memory leaks when using 3rd party themes. But they subside and level out and actually regain memory after a few hours of use. Just check the numerous posts stating the same thing. (With 3rd party themes and numerous apps I boot up at 30MB and level out at a little below 20MB and actually regain memory to 20- 22 MB.)
    The themes that were recommended to you are ones made by developers that have been known to not leak very much. There are more out there as well, but the first thing you did was say, "Right off the bat this one sucks". You will probably not get much more help with remarks like that to a theme that clearly states all of the details in the overview.
    PS Regarding your memory leak, I would also make sure that you are running all apps that are specific for 5.0. And if you continue to leak memory after doing this (and use a stock or 3rd party theme that is 5.0 specific) I would wipe and re-load the OS. I've tried a bunch of 5.0 OS for the Bold and this one is by far the best. And there are some great new themes available that you should give a try. You might actually find one that is better than the Tidy Theme that you love so much.
    Last edited by tellsells; 06-05-10 at 07:56 AM.
    06-05-10 07:49 AM
    Actually, I am always glad to help solve problems but some of your responses have been a little rude.
    And you have had problems that we all have been trying to help that no one else has. As an example, the memory on OS 5.0.0.681 has been very stable for most of us. We keep telling you to "dump" the themes that were not made for 5.0 but you insist that they are the only ones you want. And the one you want was made on an old program by a developer that is no longer around. I truly suspect the 4.6 theme is part of your memory problem. OS 5.0 has memory leaks when using 3rd party themes. But they subside and level out and actually regain memory after a few hours of use. Just check the numerous posts stating the same thing. (With 3rd party themes and numerous apps I boot up at 30MB and level out at a little below 20MB and actually regain memory to 20- 22 MB.)
    The themes that were recommended to you are ones made by developers that have been known to not leak very much. There are more out there as well, but the first thing you did was say, "Right off the bat this one sucks". You will probably not get much more help with remarks like that to a theme that clearly states all of the details in the overview.
    PS Regarding your memory leak, I would also make sure that you are running all apps that are specific for 5.0. And if you continue to leak memory after doing this (and use a stock or 3rd party theme that is 5.0 specific) I would wipe and re-load the OS. I've tried a bunch of 5.0 OS for the Bold and this one is by far the best. And there are some great new themes available that you should give a try. You might actually find one that is better than the Tidy Theme that you love so much.
    I have dumped every theme I previously had for 4.6. I only have 2 themes now and neither of them I like. I have deleted nearly all the apps I liked, and games too. I am still having a horrible memory leak. My battery only lasts 3 hours and I'm not even using the phone. I am so frustrated by this I am going to wipe my Bold this morning. I had no intention as to come off as rude. I am not a rude person, therefore I apologize. For the last two years I could only describe my phone as perfect. Now, I almost hate it. It's a good thing this is not my first Blackberry, or it would be my last. It's about time for RIM to come out with a new Bold (same size, but better). Thanks for YOUR help!
    06-05-10 09:15 AM
    I think ur problems may be "user" specific as opposed to "OS" specific. I have never had issues with battery life in the new os, and I use my phone for work and pleasure ALL day and have enough juice left in it to last me well into the night. Maybe u should do a wipe and re-install.
    06-05-10 09:22 AM
    I think ur problems may be "user" specific as opposed to "OS" specific. I have never had issues with battery life in the new os, and I use my phone for work and pleasure ALL day and have enough juice left in it to last me well into the night. Maybe u should do a wipe and re-install.
    I've had my Bold for 2 years. Never had a problem. It's not 'user specific' Thank You! Just because YOU haven't had any issues, doesn't mean the next person hasn't or won't. Also...if you read my post above before commenting negative towards me, you would of read that I am wiping it. tata
    06-05-10 10:10 AM
    Here's another thread just posted by someone for OS .681:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/wow...up-big-479084/

There are many more like it with users getting great memory and great battery from this OS.

No one is doubting that you are having these problems. There is definitely something wrong but I do not think it is the OS itself.
    And I just thought of one more thing. If you are doing multiple battery pulls a day then that is why your battery is so low! The only issue with most of the 5.0 OS is that when the battery is below 60-70% a battery pull takes 15-20% off of the power. And when you do a battery pull below 40% I have seen it go down to 20% right away.
    So let's find out why your memory is dropping so much and then you will not have to do multiple battery pulls. I am an average user and my battery does not go below 40% in a full day.
    Again, I would wipe and re-install without foreign languages and eliminate things that are unneccesary.
    06-05-10 10:37 AM
    Your immaturity just baffles me.
    I did read your above post/rant, and I was simply agreeing with you.
    I still think that ur issues are user specific, because the majority of us have had great success with the new os. Maybe you shouldn't just assume that everyone here is out to get you and some people are actually trying to help you.

I simply do NOT care if you've had your bold for 2 years or 2 seconds. The length of you having a bb does not equal your expertise in it. There are people who have had blackberries for 6-7 years and are still dumber than doorknobs about it. And on the other side there are others that have just rec'd a bb within the past year and are experts.

Just to reiterate, so u know I wasn't saying anything negative about you, i was simply agreeing with you that a wipe would be best.
    06-05-10 10:43 AM

There are many more like it with users getting great memory and great battery from this OS.

No one is doubting that you are having these problems. There is definitely something wrong but I do not think it is the OS itself.
    And I just thought of one more thing. If you are doing multiple battery pulls a day then that is why your battery is so low! The only issue with most of the 5.0 OS is that when the battery is below 60-70% a battery pull takes 15-20% off of the power. And when you do a battery pull below 40% I have seen it go down to 20% right away.
    So let's find out why your memory is dropping so much and then you will not have to do multiple battery pulls. I am an average user and my battery does not go below 40% in a full day.
    Again, I would wipe and re-install without foreign languages and eliminate things that are unneccesary.
    I deleted languages, sample pictures, VAD, DOD certificates, memopad, password keeper, all games, help, sample videos. But I've always done that when I installed a new 4.6 OS too.

I have BB Maps, Garmin Mobile, DocumentsToGo premium, Bolt, QuickLaunch, Poynt, CB launcher and Superstore, YouVersion Bible, BerryBlab, ILoveBlackberry, YouTube player, Twitter, BBNotePad, BerryWeather (paid version), Slacker Radio, Nobex Radio Companion, and Yahoo Messenger. I have 31 MB free when I boot, and it settles down to around 20 MB after a day of use, where it stays.

I am running a 3rd party theme Reverie D.
    06-05-10 10:50 AM

I think we got it figured out. I had d/led the leaked OS not the official. So, did a clean wipe and installed the OS. Memory and battery are doing good, but I am unable to send email. Tried resending my service books, and it won't, so gonna get AT&T to resend.
    I am still looking for a clean tidy today theme, that hides icons from the home screen. Claro is good, but can't get backgroud to change.
    06-06-10 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD