UPDATED 8/1/09

a lil today theme I whipped up.. tell me what you think...

You just have to pick the top 6 apps on the app screen and they will be the 6 on your home screen... Im open to any suggestions hope you enjoy... I hope I posted this in the right section....

UPDATE!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    NEW MARCO2...

Updated version of original.. check it out... 2 versions Wrap and No Wrap... Basically if you want the scrolling of the home icons to stop or continue to wrap back to the beginning...

OTA LINKS NEW MARCO2
    http://m.onthearm.com/themes/com_pla...eme_marco2.jad Wrapping Home Icons

http://m.onthearm.com/themes/com_pla...o2_no_wrap.jad Non Wrapping Home Icons

I have updated the today themes with some of the suggestions from you guys...

I have made the selector transparent and the text above the icons smaller...

I also made a few versions of this theme... I removed the customization I had done to the first today theme with the leather back and made it more like the generic zen that comes with phone.. The reason I did this is so that you the user can customize it for yourself... One request I had was that the scrolling of the zen icons wouldnt wrap so I made two versions available one to wrap and one without wrap... The other request I got was that the application background remain the blue/black background not change with the home screen so I made two versions of that as well one with the app background that changes with the home screen and one that doesnt. Another request was to make the lock screen change with the home screen... All versions now do this... I have read about bugs people have been experiencing with scorlling and I think I have worked those out as well... Here are the 4 versions available for now.. Please continue to leave me feedback and suggestions and Ill try to continue to update them... I also renamed them to ota today...

the different versions are:

1. ota today... wrapping zen icons,application background stays blue black.

http://m.onthearm.com/themes/com_pla..._ota_today.jad

2. ota today app... wrapping zen icons, application background changes with home background.

http://m.onthearm.com/themes/com_pla..._today_app.jad

3. ota today no wrap... non-wrapping zen icons, application background stays blue black.

http://m.onthearm.com/themes/com_pla...ay_no_wrap.jad

4. ota today no wrap app... non -wrapping zen icons, application background changes with home background.

http://m.onthearm.com/themes/com_pla...o_wrap_app.jad

you can also email [email protected] or visit m.onthearm.com onThearm.com - Themes from your phones browser to download these files....
    Last edited by djmarcox; 08-01-09 at 02:49 AM. Reason: updated links and pics..
    zayyaf90 and longbanh like this.
    09-26-08 09:26 PM
    good job
    09-26-08 10:20 PM
    That is really nice!!!

Actually this is the first theme I've ever downloaded, went without a hitch, accessing it via the phone direct first try... Anyways, the image here on the thread doesn't do it justice at all as you pretty much just see a black screen. Though now that it's on my phone, as you well know for yourself, it looks just like the leatherette texture on the back of the phone. Nice lighting glow on it as well.

Very very slick! I can't imagine needing another theme now. The message indicator and appt's mid screen is cool as well.

I guess as the saying goes :Once you've gone black, you don't go back" really applies to this theme.

Nice work.... and thanks for sharing
    09-27-08 12:51 AM
    Best *free* working today theme so far. Very nice and thanks
    09-27-08 01:01 AM
    Is the link provided correct? I am not able to download..Tank you for your help..
    09-27-08 01:34 AM
    Is the link provided correct? I am not able to download..Tank you for your help..
    I accessed this page from my Blackberries browser and clicked on the link, a screen open giving me the choice to download or cancel and then downloaded the file.

Then I went to:

Menu / Options / Themes ... & then selected the new theme (in this case it was called marco2)

I hope that works for you.
    09-27-08 01:53 AM
    Thank you for your help..have got it now... It really is a very good theme..All that one may need..

I accessed this page from my Blackberries browser and clicked on the link, a screen open giving me the choice to download or cancel and then downloaded the file.

Then I went to:

Menu / Options / Themes ... & then selected the new theme (in this case it was called marco2)

I hope that works for you.
    09-27-08 02:18 AM
    Superb!!!! Just what I was waiting for. Many thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 02:30 AM
    Thank you for your help..have got it now... It really is a very good theme..All that one may need..

Hey Avantis... I'm just glad I could help, was happy to do so. Now we are all styling thanks to djmarcox.
    09-27-08 02:33 AM
    anyone finding this theme bit slow? or is it normal
    09-27-08 02:50 AM
    That is just absolutely gorgeous! How clever are you! Thanks for that!
    09-27-08 04:20 AM
    Everything is working fine with it so far. Not experiencing any slowness.
    09-27-08 04:25 AM
    VERY Nice theme ...... Well done !!!!!
    09-27-08 04:31 AM
    Good work man, looks awesom. Thanks.

09-27-08 04:41 AM
    Great theme, thanks!

09-27-08 04:49 AM
    Downloaded this morning, its a great theme, keeping the coming
    09-27-08 05:02 AM
    this theme is beautiful, when i saw it i almost shed a tear.....lolol, good work man
    09-27-08 05:19 AM
    Thanks !
    It is really nice theme !
    Hope & wait your upgrade into something more shining
    09-27-08 06:25 AM
    cool theme!! been waiting for a today theme.. nice work love it^^
    09-27-08 06:36 AM
    Thanks,

That is fantastic. Downloaded installed and made the necessary icon moves. Works out great!!

Then I decided I had to show you all, so I went looking for a way to get a screen shot of my Bold. Another thank you to JL_CMDR

Don't mind the blur through the somewhat sensitive info.

Last edited by tedesco; 10-16-08 at 02:02 AM.
    09-27-08 07:54 AM
    Nice little theme. Just tried it out. Thanks for your efforts...

09-27-08 09:35 AM
    Great theme - looks fabulous!!

09-27-08 09:47 AM
    theme looks great, but is there any way to change just the background image?
    09-27-08 09:50 AM
    Im glad you all like it... Enjoy...
    09-27-08 10:06 AM
    theme looks great, but is there any way to change just the background image?
    Im still trying to figure that part out... Ill let you know when I do...
    09-27-08 10:07 AM
535 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD