First up, I'm new here so I'll just give a little introduction of myself..
    My name is Brian Penny and I'm from the Netherlands (that's why my English isn't that good)

Anyway, I bought the ZOOM zoom theme from here, but it comes as a .jad file instead of a .cod file. Do I have to convert it or is there another way? My Blackberry Bold is running on v4.6 and my desktop manager v4.7.

Thanks in advance
    07-14-09 09:50 AM
    .jad files are OTA (over-the-air) files. You need to click on the download link directly from your BlackBerry's Browser. It'll download and install directly on the phone.
    07-14-09 09:52 AM
    .jad files are OTA (over-the-air) files. You need to click on the download link directly from your BlackBerry's Browser. It'll download and install directly on the phone.
    Okay, thanks man. I'll give that a try... Strange though that I can't use the desktop manager for those files.
    07-14-09 09:57 AM
    Well there is a way, but it's pretty complicated for the most part. I personally don't see why you'd want to use Desktop Manager instead of OTA though (unless you don't have a data plan or WiFi, which you do). IMO, it's just so much simpler, faster, and easier. If you can't figure out the OTA process, I can post instructions to installing .jad files via the computer.
    07-14-09 10:01 AM
    Okay, thanks man. I'll give that a try... Strange though that I can't use the desktop manager for those files.
    You won't be able to install .cod files via DM anyways. .cod files will come with a .alx file. that will be the install file to use through DM. Hope that helps a bit?
    07-14-09 10:03 AM
    Well there is a way, but it's pretty complicated for the most part. I personally don't see why you'd want to use Desktop Manager instead of OTA though (unless you don't have a data plan or WiFi, which you do). IMO, it's just so much simpler, faster, and easier. If you can't figure out the OTA process, I can post instructions to installing .jad files via the computer.
    I used the OTA method like you said, and it's running perfectly.. So thank you very much. And I do have Wi-Fi, but no data plan yet. We're still a bit behind over here, as far as I know we still can't use the facebook app or the msn messenger app (and a lot of other apps as well).. So I'm still waiting to get a data plan untill everything is available. Thanks again.
    07-14-09 10:07 AM
    You won't be able to install .cod files via DM anyways. .cod files will come with a .alx file. that will be the install file to use through DM. Hope that helps a bit?
    They usually come in pairs right? The .cod and .alx.. That's why I found it so strange I only got a .jad file at first. But I used the OTA method and it's working now so But thanks for the help!
    07-14-09 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD