Hi there,

In light of djmarcox's update to his themes, he somewhat screwed up the default blue-black background version of his themes. I created these for those who wanted the default bg. The themes are exactly the same but with a revised today font which I think is much better, but as always, let me know if you don't like it.

Messages and Calendar: - updated Aug 27 09
    Link

Calendar only: - updated Aug 27 09
    Link

>> The wallpaper in preview: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7414/qzf57o.jpg

These are alx and cod files so you will have to use DM to upload them. Sorry but I have no OTA hosting

The preview may be inaccurate, especially the "Application Name" (it seems to be blocked by app icons) - but it isn't! The background is also not included. I left it as stock in the theme, it is just for demonstrative purposes

Enjoy!
    Last edited by obentou; 08-27-09 at 05:33 PM.
    08-25-09 02:42 PM
    hi obentou!

I've been using djmarcox's theme ever since I got my bold since june, and it's amazing just perfectly fits my needs and it's simple and I have yet to seen a theme that can beat it IMHO. However, the only thing I wanted to change was be able to add one more calendar entry, so I decided to try and replicate the theme for the last two weeks to no avail because my plazmic skills just suck.

If it's not too much to ask, could you possibly do the theme for me with one more calendar entry, and resize the fonts to the smaller ones on djmarcox's theme, make the home screen icons flash when focused, and change the applications backround to match the homescreen wallpaper please?

When I tried doing this myself before I realised that I had to change the message sub-entries to just 1 in order to fit the extra calander entry and I had to also resize the home screen icons to 40x40 to make everything look right. If my requests seem too much trouble would you be able to send me the .thm file so I could try and edit it myself? Thanks, and good job on the theme, it was driving me crazy working this out and then your post appeared
    08-26-09 08:28 AM
    o and one more thing, if you could change the caret back to the original transparent greyish one that would be great, just that it works better on my wallpapers! sorry, I know i'm asking for a lot!
    08-26-09 08:29 AM
    Thank you, but i couldn't open the links you post here:

sendspace.com/file/i4mfhc
    sendspace.com/file/c6olel
    08-26-09 09:23 AM
    Hey,

I tried making the home screen the same as the app background but for the life of me couldn't get it to work. I have no idea how other people do it... I tried no bg, transparent .png's, etc to no avail.

Rather, I've uploaded the sources, so feel free to modify them yourself: source
    Last edited by obentou; 08-26-09 at 10:27 AM.
    08-26-09 10:11 AM
    Thank you, but i couldn't open the links you post here:

sendspace.com/file/i4mfhc
    sendspace.com/file/c6olel
    The links work fine for me.. copy and paste into the browser
    08-26-09 10:14 AM
    Hey,

I tried making the home screen the same as the app background but for the life of me couldn't get it to work. I have no idea how other people do it... I tried no bg, transparent .png's, etc to no avail.

Rather, I've uploaded the sources, so feel free to modify them yourself: source
    Thanks! any idea of how to get rid of the application name on the homescreen?
    Figured I would sacrafice this so I don't have to resize all icons and work out how to put the underlay back on them after.
    08-26-09 11:30 AM
    Obentou thank you very much for providing the .thm file! I managed to add an extra calander entry, by sacraficing a message subentry and gettting rid of the status text which is unfortunate because I like to have my weatherbug app there, so I can just scroll over it to check the temp but o well!

Last edited by Bold009; 08-26-09 at 12:29 PM.
    08-26-09 12:25 PM
    Hey no problem!

Just curious, how did you get the homescreen bg to appear as the application bg? I couldn't get it to work!
    08-26-09 12:34 PM
    Hey no problem!

Just curious, how did you get the homescreen bg to appear as the application bg? I couldn't get it to work!
    all I simply did was just set the app bg to the same pic as homescreen bg , then once you install the theme it should change to whatever wallpaper you choose.
    08-26-09 02:16 PM
    i have one request, can you make the application name on top of the icons a little bigger. its too small in my opinion. thanks
    08-27-09 09:16 AM
    In the calendar & messages theme seems the contact icon is always the 4th in the main page, no matter where you put on the app page.
    Infact even in your preview you got 2 contact app...
    Could you fix this, please?
    It's a great theme
    08-27-09 10:03 AM
    i have one request, can you make the application name on top of the icons a little bigger. its too small in my opinion. thanks
    In the calendar & messages theme seems the contact icon is always the 4th in the main page, no matter where you put on the app page.
    Infact even in your preview you got 2 contact app...
    Could you fix this, please?
    It's a great theme
    Sorry about that, these problems have been fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out!
    08-27-09 05:28 PM
    all I simply did was just set the app bg to the same pic as homescreen bg , then once you install the theme it should change to whatever wallpaper you choose.
    Ah thanks, damn that seemed simple, lol.
    08-27-09 05:30 PM
    i found out that the sms and mms icon is missing. can you also make the names that shows on the top of icons bigger its too small. thank you so much.
    08-27-09 11:27 PM
    It's missing because you have your inbox set to combined.

The names on top of the icons have been enlarged already... in the case of the Messages and Calendar theme, it's a space limitation. I can't make it bigger unless you want it to overlap and fugly.
    08-30-09 06:17 PM
    I have been looking everywhere on this forum for a SIMPLE today theme and I am so happy I finally found it, THANK YOU!
    09-03-09 01:38 PM
    no OTA? Thanks for these.
    09-03-09 01:46 PM
    Nice, and with international character support!! THANKS.
    09-04-09 03:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD