This is something ive tried looking for....

This would surely be an absolutely wicked theme...No wallpapers beyond the N64... Imagine the images that could be used? Mario Kart for SNES, Zelda from Ocarina of time, Donkey Kong

Surely we could come up with some awesome icons?

Im thinkin a load of people might be interested in this so everybody thrown in here with your own suggestions and lets see if we can get a really good theme developer to put something together...

I wont name any other specifics, lets just see what we all are interested in and then come up with some kind of consensus.... Aside from the the wallpapers my only other requirement woul be at least 10 icons on the home screen... preferably through hiden docks so that wallpaper doesnt get covered up. A couple would have to be normal size for weather app updates etc...

I was personally a big fan of titos piano black theme.... except it didnt qork with quicklaunch. And i was also a big fan of karens friendly font themes on pimp my berry, especially her more recent one with 2 icons top left, 2 top right, today area and hidden dock on the bottom....

Come on everybody....help me out here
    04-15-09 03:31 AM
    I like the idea. I am working on a Wii theme now (you can test it out on your phone) but I like the retro idea of your theme. If we gave it an 8 - 64 Bit look and made all icons custom (ex.. Volume meter could be a pipe plant from mario and signal meter could be samus's gun charging, the bigger the charge the better the signal) let's see what everyones thoughts are and maybe I'll start working on some other ideas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 10:54 AM
    Hope this works out... I'd 100 percent download

04-15-09 03:21 PM
    do you have a link for titos piano black theme by any chance?
    04-15-09 08:13 PM
    do you have a link for titos piano black theme by any chance?
    Custom Theme V147 - No Carrier - PianoBlack (9000) - PimpMyBerry!
    04-16-09 03:19 AM
    @ Rhino, loving the ideas, inspired on of mine. Give this a read.... i think were on to something

Ok ive been thinking about this and ive been having some ideas... and problems .... Ok first. I was struggling to think of ideas that would incoporate enough SNES games that i like that would make this look good. Not that im short of games,but im thinking you can pretty much only use 1 icon for each game and then the background would also need to be very custom and very generic. So i started focusing more specifically on the old mario super brothers and came up with a few ideas

I was thinking about a bottom hidden dock. How much could a hidden bottom dock be cutomised? I was thinking if the wallpaper was very similar to your average super mario brothers level. If there was a Green Pipe to show the hidden dock. When you move onto the dock, it pops up, looking like it does when mario usually goes down them and underground. So a layer of grass across the top of the dock, similar to the bottom of this level

http://cvr.pl/gry/pic/marioforever/mariof_4.jpg

It would be good if we could get the dock and earth to move up with the dock. The dock would then have a brown background to look like underneath the earth. - Also i realise we cant make the wallpaper move... but surely with s cleaver bottom dock image and if we could customise the background enough so that nothing got covered... we could make it look like it did.... just something to think about

Another idea....Rhinos sweet idea about the vine for a battery meter onto this... This could be used for either the battery meter or signal strength. If the battery or signal was set as a percentage rather than a meter. Put an image of a coin followed by an "x".... So it basically looks like when youve got a full meter,youve got 100 coins... just like it would look at the top of the level of an actual mario game... I really liked this idea .... Infact if you look at the image posted above.... the time is in top right... so digital clock. Then the coins for the signal, and a vine for the battery on the left.... Surely we could make this look really sweet!

Another idea... So theres a hidden dock across the botom, how about a dock of smaller icons across the top? Similar to the

Zoom Custom C FixedDock - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

These could be placed either just above the clouds... or on top of a run of blocks in the sky, similar to those seen in this image

http://bjhs.edublogs.org/files/2009/...rio-level1.png

Basically the icons in the sky would look like they are part of a bonus part of the level - Remember how you used to fly up there to get an extra life of to run across half the level in a cheating fashion

Ok, my only problem is with the icons themselves. Im trying to think of custom icons that ould relate both to the game and the icons your trying to use. It would be cool if as you scrolled over them we had for example a Gold square behind it.... as though it was a box you would hit to get a mushroom or something maybe this would be enough without changing the icon to much? If a new txt came through we could put something like a star in the corner to symbolise a new message?....

Anyway theres my idea for now... i will post more when i can think

*side note... 265 views in less than 24 hours... People want this
    Last edited by gpt; 04-16-09 at 04:22 AM.
    04-16-09 03:48 AM
    Anybody got any new ideas or liking mine? Seems i might have to learn plazmic and do this myself... uni finishes in 1 week! yeah!
    04-17-09 04:49 AM
    you got some really good ideas gpt. I did a 8-bit zelda theme for curve (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-4-5-a-188174/ if you wanna check it out), and I wanted to try something like that, only better, for the bold when I get a chance. maybe a mario theme would be cool, I really enjoyed working with direct elements from the game, like from screenshots from the game itself... but this kind of theme on a bold would take quite a while, if everything is customized. maybe in a few weeks when I'm less busy I'll see what I could come up with... until then I'd like to see people's ideas, and themes if they come up with any.
    Last edited by ninja please; 04-18-09 at 12:09 AM.
    04-18-09 12:05 AM
    Great zelda theme... Loved what u did with the signal meter.... I must say though the ocarina of time was the best one for me. I'm 24 now n that game is my favourite of all time, closely followed by mario kart for the snes, n then probably the curse of monkey island for the pc. Good ol scurvy guybrush threepwood! ... Oooh now I think about it I bet a really amazing monkey island theme would be possible.... I'm going to learn plazmic inside out shortly n start giving these a go if nobody beats me too it

04-18-09 12:01 PM
    Dude it would be awsome... you could use many images as icons... I would totally download it... zelda ocarina of time rocks...!!
    04-26-09 08:48 PM
    Did anything ever come of this?

I just got my first BlackBerry (Curve 8330), and the first thing I thought about was getting a cool Nintendo Theme.

I'd love a Metroid Theme, but anything Nintendo would be dandy.
    11-19-09 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD