Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Reverie D (Bold 9000) - Full Screen Theme

Reverie D is the next entry in the Reverie theme series. Like the preceding entries, this theme is intended to be minimal and "take a backseat" to your wallpaper. Be sure to check out the features section below for a description of new functions.

Enjoy!

(dice icon version shown w/ custom wallpaper, available below)

(real icon version shown w/ custom wallpaper, available below)

Theme by Marc J.S. (AKA dagobah30)

Installation:

To install this theme, open the OTA link that pertains to the version you want from within your BlackBerry browser. Desktop installation is not available.

The dates are in MM/DD/YY format.

*NOTE* If you are installing an "OS 5.0" specific version of the theme over an "OS 4.X-5.0" version, you may need to reset the home screen layout to its default. To do this, go to Options > Themes > (the Reverie theme you are using) > Theme Defaults. Then, select only Layout and hit Apply. A device restart / battery pull may then also be required.

*NOTE* The home screen's wallpaper will show through on the app screen only on the "OS 4.X-5.0" versions of the theme. The "OS 5.0" specific versions of the theme do not have this feature.

*NOTE* You may encounter a white background on the app screen when using the "OS 4.X-5.0" versions of the theme on OS 5.0. (The "OS 5.0" specific versions of the theme do not have this problem.) A fix for this can be found here.

*NOTE* Some icons may not display correctly on the home screen in the real icon versions of the theme.

Reverie D (WITH Dice Icons AND Transitions)
    Bold 9000 OS 5.0
    (Updated 12/31/09)
    WITH weather slot: OTA
    WITHOUT weather slot: OTA

Reverie D (WITH Real Icons AND Transitions)
    Bold 9000 OS 5.0
    (Updated 3/29/10)

Reverie D (WITH Dice Icons)
    Bold 9000 OS 4.X-5.0
    (Updated 01/10/10)

Reverie D (WITH Real Icons)
    Bold 9000 OS 4.X-5.0
    (Updated 04/08/10)

If you like and use this theme, please consider making a donation:

Donate

Any and all amounts are welcome!

Features:

Clickable Bottom Bar
    Every part of the home screen's bar is navigable and clickable, providing easy access to your apps. Certain apps -- namely options, clock, connections, and sound profiles -- are already hard coded in to different parts of the bar, but you can access additional apps through the use of the...

Real Icons / Dice Icons
    Place six apps of your choice in the first six slots on the app screen, and then access them on the home screen by scrolling up/down through the "sides" of the real or dice icon slot on the left side of the bar. The real icons are represented by the icons you are already used to. For the dice, the "1" side of the die represents the first app on your app screen, the "2" represents the second, and so on.

Toggle-able Bottom Bar
    The bottom bar can be altered and even hidden by scrolling up/down in the clock area. Full bottom bar navigation/clickability remains available regardless of the bar's appearance.

QuickLaunch/ShortcutMe Hotkey
    The spacebar on your device's keyboard functions as a hotkey for both QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe. (You need to have either QuickLaunch or ShortcutMe installed in order for this feature to work.)

Hidden Today
    Scroll to a today enabled app (such as messages or calender) via the real or dice icon slot and an unclickable preview of corresponding entries will appear.

Weather Slot
    The theme is available both with and without a slot for your weather app. To use the weather slot version, simply place your weather app in the seventh slot (first slot in the second row) on your app screen and it will show up on your home and lock screens.

Transitions
    This theme is available both with and without transitions. In the transitions versions, a fade effect will occur whenever the screen changes. (You need to be running OS 5.0 in order to install the transitions versions.)

Also available:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f130/re...-theme-315520/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f130/re...-theme-320649/

You may feel free to link to this thread, but do not re-post or re-host the direct OTA links without permission.

The following images were generously provided by crackberry.com forum members. If you own a copyright to any of these images, you may request their removal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reverie D (Bold 9000) - Full Screen Theme-spectrumrs.jpg   Reverie D (Bold 9000) - Full Screen Theme-metallic_colors_texturers.jpg  
    Last edited by dagobah30; 09-08-2010 at 02:25 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Fiasco (12-29-2010),  zayyaf90 (02-11-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Your themes rock! it's the only ones I have! They are awesome thanks for the great work!!!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Beautifully done. Thank you for sharing.
    "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."
    -- E.E. Cummings --
    CrackBerry Addict

This is soo cool thank you very much for sharing :d

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

I've been playing with since yesterday morning. Fun little theme. Good job.

Global Posts
    10,969 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN ?

Another great job - thank you for sharing.
    CrackBerry Master

Very clean and innovative. Was wondering before downloading if there would be any display of appl names when scrolling thru dice selections, which there is. cool concept. Thanks for sharing!

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by sheldonbk View Post
    Very clean and innovative. Was wondering before downloading if there would be any display of appl names when scrolling thru dice selections, which there is. cool concept. Thanks for sharing!

Yes it does display app names
    CrackBerry User

Great theme....just wish there were more than 6 preview lines

D
    CrackBerry User

it is great theme!
    i just hope there is weather icon appear on top left or wherever but with smaller icon.

also, hope dice stops at 1 and 6 if scrolled further.
    like from 6, it no longer moves to 1 but only to 5. so that i can control easier.

just thought.

i always love your theme the most.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    20ee3fcd

another great theme. thank you.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Thanks for the comments.

I made a minor update to the theme -- The space bar will now open QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe if you have either of those apps installed.
    Reverie Themes
    CrackBerry Abuser

I too really like your themes. I've been curious though why you've kept the original display icons and not updated those as well as part of the theme. Just asking!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by minyeppy View Post
    it is great theme!
    i just hope there is weather icon appear on top left or wherever but with smaller icon.

like from 6, it no longer moves to 1 but only to 5. so that i can control easier.

just thought.

I very much agree with this suggestion - it'll make the scrolling control easier.

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    head Gunpowder

Awesome as usual, would just like to see a weather slot and it would be perfect!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

I'll consider changing the dice scrolling based on overall feedback. A weather slot version is pending.

As for why I use the Precision icons... I think that their simplicity suits the idea of the theme well, and altering them would just add what I'd consider to be unnecessary bulk.
    Reverie Themes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

Very cool updates man!
    Current OS: 5.0.0.822 | Current Theme: Ubuntu 10.04 | 3rd Party Apps: QuickLaunch, Berryweather, deBattGym, SmrtGuard, TaskMaster, WorldMate Live & Laterdude

Ahaz Designs | FREE OTA HOSTING
    CrackBerry User

I was using this theme on my bold but now have the 9700. Could u make it for that? Or I hear the 8900 themes cam work with the 9700, is this theme available for the 8900? I looked in the section and couldn't find it. Awesome theme! Need it more than ever cuz of the smaller screen compared to the 9000 lol

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minyeppy View Post
    it is great theme!

just thought.

I second this....
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

I've removed the dice icon wrap around and added a weather slot version. The weather slot can be navigated to from the connections and sound profile areas.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 11-09-2009 at 03:38 AM.
    Reverie Themes

Thank you for the update sir. I didn't think that I would, but I kind of miss my Weather.
    "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."
    -- E.E. Cummings --
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Thanks for the update.
    CrackBerry User

thank you for the update!
    now this theme is best ever!

(for personal preferences, i would like to see actual icons rolling instead of dice so that it is easier to see what I am clicking but it's all good! i can't be happier than ever!)

this theme is going to stay long in my bold for sure.
    longer than original reverie. Thanks again!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

This theme was constructed using the 4.7 version of the development kit. Using that, there's no way to resize third party icons -- the dice icon is the workaround for this. I know it might take some getting used to.

I'm just starting to take a look at the 5.0 tools. Should they present new design opportunities regarding the icons, I'll likely do an update.
    Reverie Themes
    CrackBerry User

I love the theme, but for some reason if I change the wallpaper everything gets messed up... If there is any way you could embed the metallic background in the theme itself? Otherwise I'm stuck with the grey background

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast