Hi i'm pretty new here on this site and also just happen to get my first BB which happens to be a Bold. So being a newbie, I'll try to explain this to the best of my knowledge. I got my unlocked bold from ebay, and originally it was branded to vodafone. I currently use AT&T as my carrier, and everything with the phone works fine. When I do turn my phone on/off or activate the browser, the vodafone theme/wallpaper comes up. So my question is, is there anyway to remove the vodafone wallpaper/theme or is it part of the OS? I'm trying to replace it with the AT&T theme since I'm with AT&T. I already tried to reload the OS and also download the AT&T software from the blackberry website and upload the software on my bold, but the theme/wallpaper still keeps showing up. But then again, I might have done something wrong during the reloading process. For the most part it's not that important since my phone is working fine, I'm just being anal I guess. So any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.
    02-14-09 09:32 PM
    Themes are independent of the unlocking and OS

For a wide selection of Bold themes
    go to

http://forums.crackberry.com/f130/
    02-14-09 10:19 PM
    You have to flash it to remove the vodafone boot screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 11:18 PM
    You have to flash it to remove the vodafone boot screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Greg ... we have to be careful about the 'flashing' bit since the original post was by someone who had "1" post and likely does not know the potential problems.

to 702BABY: do not worry too much about the startup logo since you might only see it once a day or never. You can easily address the desktop view with a favorite theme.

I do not know where you can get the ATT desktop theme ... but from my experience with having an unlocked ATT the first thing I did was to change the theme to the already loaded Precision and just easily changed the screen photograph through the media manager>pictures>select your own photo (Mom?) as the desktop image.
    Last edited by mandony; 02-15-09 at 11:15 AM.
    02-15-09 11:08 AM
    Sweet, thanks for the reply guys, really appreciate it
    02-15-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD