For Bold 9700/Bold 9650/Tour 9630/Bold 9000/Curve 8900

Current Version: 2.3 (July 19, 2010)
    Price: $2.99

YouTube Video Demo: Click

Notice

Hey guys, I know it took a while to get this to your device. If it's any compensation, just know that your version for the 9000 is the coolest one out of all devices, because I have learned a lot of things along the way between the initial release of Series 7 for the other devices and the release for the Bold 9000 now. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it!

Summary

Those smartphones won't be out until later this year, but who says you can't have that look and feel on your BlackBerry today?! The Series 7 theme is a perfect combination of minimalism and functionality, while maintaining a near-perfect resemblance to the real thing. Hand-coded by yours truly, it will not only be one of the most advanced themes you've ever used, but also one of the fastest. Many hours have been spent optimizing the code for lightning-quick operation, achieving an ultra-low memory footprint and guaranteed silky-smooth operation.

Features

- Spacebar launches QuickLaunch (sold separately)
    - Dollar Sign ($) launches SMS
    - Dedicated Weather slot
    - User-defined fonts for your convenience
    - Fully-skinned icons
    - Subtle yet amazing and smooth animations for the People and Pictures tiles
    - Left side contains 9 large main tiles for most important apps
    - Right side contains 10 small customizable user-defined apps
    - Scroll all the way to the right to reveal Messages, Calendar, and SMS previews
    - NEW in 2.0! Scroll all the way to the left to reveal what I call my Colour Control Panel, which lets you change the colour of the tiles WITHIN the theme itself.
    - ability to change the transparency WITHIN the theme of the black background; choices are full transparent, 25%, 50%, 75%, and full opaque

Screenshots

I highly encourage you to take a few minutes and watch the video demonstration of the theme, as you will gain a much better understanding of the mechanics. Besides, the screenshots do this theme NO justice!

YouTube Video - click !

Change Log

v2.3 (July 19/2010)
    - initial release for the Bold 9000

Notes

- Five of the large tiles are user-defined (first 5 slots in application screen), and the smaller tiles to the right are all user-defined (all TEN!).

- Phone icon is hidden in the Applications Folder by default (Applications -> BB Button -> Show All -> Phone -> BB Button -> Uncheck Hide), for those having a hard time finding it.

- Please DO NOT place the following apps in any of the tiles: Messages, Calendar, and SMS. There is a dedicated section for these found in the right-most side of the theme. If you don't listen, you will get some undesirable side-effects and you will complain about it to me haha...

- The People and Pictures animations can be initiated by activating the "People" tile. These animations will play for a period of time, until which they will need to be re-activated.

- As always, perform a battery pull after successfully installing the theme to ensure maximum performance.

Thanks

A HUGE thank-you goes out to Christian for allowing me to use his icons! This man is amazingly talented and I recommend checking out his deviantART page.

Purchase - MobiHand | CrackBerry
    Last edited by VinceThePrince; 07-19-10 at 04:36 AM.
    04-09-10 03:24 AM
    Attention please, everyone please see the top of the first post for an important status update and a free download link!
    04-13-10 04:47 AM
    Sorry, but why was this posted in the 9000 section again?
    04-13-10 05:47 AM
    Ooops, sorry... I initially posted the first post just to let the 9000 users know what's coming, I didn't notice I posted the updates though, sorry about that! *blush*
    04-13-10 05:49 AM
    hurry and release this theme for bold 9000 already!!!
    04-14-10 09:21 PM
    I second that request!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 11:16 PM
    Me too ... I mean three!
    04-17-10 08:17 AM
    It's in the works, folks I would say two weeks from now, but hopefully less and it will be ready.
    04-25-10 11:54 PM
    Is it coming out soon?? Ive been waiting so long!
    05-09-10 05:48 PM
    Definitely NEED this theme!!!! Can't wait until its out. What's the latest vince???

05-14-10 02:18 PM
    Sorry for the wait guys, visit my website www.vince-the-prince.com for a brief explanation. I will make it up to you guys by releasing a v2.0 of this theme for the Bold hopefully within the week. Hang in there!
    06-10-10 06:50 PM
    FINALLY v2.0 is ready for the Bold 9700, Tour 9630, and Curve 8900. This is good news, because I can start to port it over to the 9000!
    06-25-10 10:49 PM
    Awesome! I will definitely get this one.
    06-25-10 10:53 PM
    Sigh... leave it to RIM to screw up majorly with the newest Theme Builder... they broke the detection of simulators, so until I can get simulators, the port for this theme to the 9000 has to be delayed, since I don't have a real Bold 9000 anymore >_>
    06-27-10 09:07 PM
    . there always seems to be a problem preventing you from creating the 9000 version!. its okay take your time. it will eventually come out.
    07-01-10 06:37 PM
    Sorry jack =(

I'm hoping the next Theme Builder will address the issue, I have already filled out a ticket to RIM and still got no answer back. It's been over a week now.
    07-03-10 09:31 AM
    Important status update in the first post, should be exciting news!
    07-14-10 01:04 PM
    Finally some good news in the 9000 theme section! As I said before I look forward to buying.

07-14-10 02:22 PM
    Hey everyone, just letting you know I'm almost done coding Series 7 for you guys. I'll have it out either tomorrow the 17th or Sunday the 18th, hopefully! I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and apologize for all of the delays along the way <3
    07-16-10 04:06 PM
    It's now available! Check first post for details and purchase link =)

Thanks for being patient everyone!
    07-19-10 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD