View Poll Results: Which Theme type do you prefer?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bottom dock, silly!

14 14.74%
  • Bottom dock as long as there's a hidden Today menu.

29 30.53%
  • Hidden/Sliding Bottom dock, I'm all about the technologiez

18 18.95%
  • Side zen, I keep it old skool

2 2.11%
  • L-type theme/U-theme, I like it when my icons smile at me.

8 8.42%
  • Icons, plastered all over the homescreen!! Icons! ICONS!!! WOOT!

5 5.26%
  • Anything with a Today menu. I'm really not that picky, as long as it looks good.

14 14.74%
  • Other

5 5.26%
  • nothing. I don't like anything. themes suck. I'm gonna go write a song about it.

0 0%
    Just wondering, I know the Bottom Dock is the "in" thing, but I wanted to get some input from your point of view for future themes, feel free to post here with your preferences.

Other= those crazy icon layouts people can come up with, please specify what kind you like.
    Last edited by ninja please; 06-09-09 at 05:04 AM.
    06-09-09 04:59 AM
    Today with messages and calendar, no dock

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 06:02 AM
    +1 with Nick

06-09-09 06:29 AM
    I like the "L" theme the best personally.
    06-09-09 06:45 AM
    I think a dock on the home screen is crucial (for me) but I perfer a hidden dock. I enjoy the hidden side scrolling docks (ecruz V series and recent WinOS)
    Today is not an important feature for me.
    My favorite features of a theme would be nice icons and creative batt/sig meters. I think those are what make the home screen of a theme fun.

06-09-09 07:16 AM
    Today+
    Bottom dock with a couple messages and a couple appointments. Still haven't found the perfect one somethin slick and clean

06-09-09 10:27 AM
    I am not too picky on the dock location. Side/Bottom/Top -all work for me. It is more the functional layout, cool factor, hip icons that sell me on a theme.

I don't buy themes with the stock icons, because I achieve the same effect with wallpaper.
    06-09-09 10:33 AM
    hidden dock with hidden today, ecruz's babybold is good but theres just something missing...
    06-09-09 10:33 AM
    i chose other.

i prefer themes with bottom dock with 8 customizable icons. also with a today preview area with a dedicated weather slot. and from there on i just pick other themes that come close, like ecruz HTC theme.
    06-09-09 12:58 PM
    I don't like "L" or "U" themes or hidden docks. Anything after that is fine....as long as it is clean. Taking up as little screen space as possible is a plus.
    06-09-09 02:10 PM
    Just curious why you don't like hidden docks when you say you want as much free space as possible on the home screen.
    Doesn't a hidden dock acheive that?

06-09-09 03:04 PM
    Show Me Icons!! Lots And Lots Of Icons!!
    06-09-09 03:47 PM
    Just curious why you don't like hidden docks when you say you want as much free space as possible on the home screen.
    Doesn't a hidden dock acheive that?

I don't like the animation of them coming up and down. Don't really know why....just a personal preference.
    06-09-09 03:57 PM
    i have found my perfect theme. It is stock weather plus. Really nice theme. i would only like to have it withouth sms preview.

Last edited by 5LO8OD4N; 06-09-09 at 04:52 PM.
    06-09-09 04:46 PM
    i like all ur themes. NEU is ROCK SOLID!
    06-09-09 08:57 PM
    I chose 'other' - I really like super loopy's half today. 10 icons across the bottom is pretty sweet.
    06-10-09 09:48 AM
    seems like more people are opting for the standard bottom dock but with a hidden today, wondering if it's just because it's what most of us are "used" to, or if it's the kind that gives most functionality and ease of use? personally it's my preferred theme type, and I'm thinking probably because that's how some of my favorite themes are laid out, and I'm just used to it.
    06-10-09 12:54 PM
    I prefer the hidden dock with the today feature...
    06-10-09 10:57 PM
    I personally would like a sliding dock with a hidden today feature, + I love when sms and mms are in my messages folder not on its own. If I could ever get all that in theme I would be happy (for a couple of weeks anyways)
    06-17-09 04:05 AM
    Hey deathrow, did you know you can consolodate your sms and mms to you message folder at any time, with any theme.
    This option is within you mail options.
    I'm surprised at how many prefer the bottom dock.
    I'm not to picky where the dock is, as long as its hidden.

06-17-09 04:59 AM
    i dont even know the difference between most of the styles
    06-17-09 05:24 AM
    seems like more people are opting for the standard bottom dock but with a hidden today, wondering if it's just because it's what most of us are "used" to, or if it's the kind that gives most functionality and ease of use? personally it's my preferred theme type, and I'm thinking probably because that's how some of my favorite themes are laid out, and I'm just used to it.

I agree with the people being "used" to bottom docks. Personally I really don't like bottom docks too plain for me gotta have something different. Why always have a bottom dock when there are hundreds of things you could do on the homescreen?

10-28-09 12:36 PM
    Weather and hidden todays for me. Docks are optional.

BR Mio

10-28-09 12:40 PM
    Hey mio_bb didn't you post a theme on pmb? Its really nice I forgot what its called :-/

10-28-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD