alrighty, I'll address these for clarification. keep in mind, plazmic has limitations, ESPECIALLY when it comes to a design like this... I wish I could have made it look exactly like the OP visioned, but it's not entirely possible. also, 4.7 is buggy, I'm hoping later versions will correct these minor but annoying things. anyway

ninja I just wanted to say Thank You for the level of effort you put into this theme as it more than shows especially since I just tried making the most basic theme in plazmic 4.7 and failed miserably (first time).

Now on to some general comments, please don't take these the wrong way
    -Is it possible for the profile icon not to have the square surround (I feel it would flow better without)
    --
    yes and no. all the profiles icons have the same look as the other icons, and I'm unable to change the homescreen profile icon without changing all the profile icons layouts (which imo would take away from the theme's... well, theme), about the only thing that I can do with that is resize the icon

-I think the wifi icon may flow better if it was placed next to the bluetooth icon
    --
    the designer wanted it in that spot, I honored his wishes

-I love the network placement but one thing that bothers me is that when data is being sent the send/recieve arrows half block the signal strength
    --
    can't move the data tx/rx arrows, it's quite annoying

-I miss the standard icons for -> Applications, Instant Messaging, Games, Downloads Folders etc. It's just odd having them all has smiley faces now
    --
    whenever you change the stock icons, those stock folders won't show anymore, even if you don't change the folders icons at all. hopefully that'll be fixed in future versions of plazmic. if there's a fix I'm unaware of it

-The lower banner when in application menu could be resized just a hair as the text crashes into the upper edge
    --
    at the time I was experimenting with fonts, the one I used for that was the only font that stayed centered, I'll look into it some more

-when you open phone history, SMS/MMS folder etc there is now a space from the reduced height of the top banner...this must be something that can not be addressed (growing the folder to use up that space)
    --
    well, I've noticed that on a lot of themes, but I believe the reason it's like that is because I made both of the banners on one fullscreen banner due to some wallpaper issues, so I couldn't change the spacing on it. also, the banner itself is smaller than "normal", causing some spacing there. it will do that on the active call screen too at the bottom, that can't be helped though.

-The 6x2 grid is fine, but it really takes getting used to the 6x1 folder structure. It appears there is room to have kept the 6x2 layout but odds are this was a design decision. After reviewing the original mockup, it appears that the standard 6x3 grid was used.
    --
    not sure exactly what you mean... if you're talking about the icon spacing on the apps screen being 6 icons across and 3 down, that can't be changed (unless you change the grid layout in options>advanced>accessibility). with plazmic it doesn't matter how big or small the actual icons are, the canvas size of each icon has to be a certain size, in this case 80x80 or else the icons will come out looking distorted. this is why you sometimes see distorted icons on themes, easily remedied by a canvas resize. I would like to see more options for it though, it would be nice to be able to space out the icons on the apps screen like you can on the homescreen.

Again...Thanks, you really put a lot of effort into this for the community.
    --
    very welcome, I enjoy this stuff
    hope that clarifies some things, thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by ninja please; 05-08-09 at 09:59 AM.
    05-08-09 09:53 AM
    Just downloaded and it's a very slick theme. The only thing I've noticed is that on the home screen the font for the app names are truncated. Like for Calendar, Browser, Messages, etc.
    Is this just the nature of the beast or can this be corrected with an update?

Very nice work tho and much appreciated.
    is it only on long names? I set it to go all the way across, it works fine on my phone. that's why I had to make the font small, so it wouldn't do that...hmm
    05-08-09 09:55 AM
    is it only on long names? I set it to go all the way across, it works fine on my phone. that's why I had to make the font small, so it wouldn't do that...hmm

i had the same problem...i just upgraded to .266 and that fixed the problem...before i had .237
    05-08-09 10:24 AM
    Ninja

I really appreciate you also taking the time to address mine questions/comments.

Regarding the Default spacing of the theme in the App Screen.
    On my phone it is 6 columns by 2 rows not 6x3. I did play around with adjusting it in the options grid layout and it changed accordingly, however Default is 6x2.

I have also noticed a bug with only the Google Maps icon. The unactive icon appears to be unchanged, but when highlighted I can see the reduced size icon. All other downloaded icons were reduced in size.
    05-08-09 10:33 AM
    so most themes i dl don't have sms in the messages folder, this one does, and i love it, no need for sms button, my bad
    05-08-09 10:49 AM
    Grat Theme Man Thks
    05-08-09 11:43 AM
    Sleek theme one of my favorites by far, deffinitely looking forward to a hidden today theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 12:45 PM
    Love this theme. Thanks for doing this.
    Having truncated font issue too but no biggie. I am running .247 by the way.
    05-08-09 03:52 PM
    ok... all these requests are getting a bit much... I said I would put out a Today theme today (friday), which I will, I was planning on it before I released this version. I didn't release it with this one because I wanted to make sure the bugs are worked out first. unfortunately I can't customize it to everyone's separate specifications, if there was more time in a day then I'd be happy to.
    so until the earth slows down a considerable amount and the days get considerably longer, the regular version and the Hidden Today version should be enough.

I do enjoy the feedback though, keep it coming!

any bugs/glitches send me a PM and I'll address/fix them.

today version!?! o0o0o0o im waitin' for that!
    05-08-09 05:46 PM
    Downloaded it on both my bolds! It works on .266 no worries and 5.0.0.93 clean and simple and wallpaper friendly, can't wait for the today version... is it ready yet???? how about now??? just kidding ninja I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. Great job.
    05-08-09 06:02 PM
    I guess it runs much more smoothly with the latest (.266) version, people have had more problems with the theme running earlier versions. hey, another good reason to upgrade

I'm testing out the hidden today version as we speak... gonna see if it needs anything else then I'll put it up, I've been having some issues with scrolling
    05-08-09 06:08 PM
    I guess it runs much more smoothly with the latest (.266) version, people have had more problems with the theme running earlier versions. hey, another good reason to upgrade

I'm testing out the hidden today version as we speak... gonna see if it needs anything else then I'll put it up, I've been having some issues with scrolling
    Everthing after .223 had the buggy font issue alot of themers worked around it I just up/downgrade as I go. I just downgraded my other bold back to .266 from 5.0.0.93 no bluetooth was a deal killer for me.
    05-08-09 06:14 PM
    well, you know i'm waiting for the today version
    05-08-09 06:21 PM
    ok, it's up. this is the first time I've done a hidden today theme, if there's any screwups let me know, I'm a newb

Neu. :: Bold 9000 Theme w/ Hidden Today - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

OTA only
    05-08-09 06:42 PM
    I just wanted to say how cool it is for you ... A newb themer to take the OP's concept and make it real.
    Not to mention how accomodating you've been though a million and a half request.
    Thanks for making this theme come to life !!!!!!!

05-08-09 07:10 PM
    Thanks for the today version!

Much apreciated!

05-08-09 07:59 PM
    sweet, thanks for the today version!

one little thing, not necessary, but to just add functionality, is to be able to scroll up onto the today area when the calander icon is highlighted so you can check the appointment's details.
    05-08-09 08:25 PM
    sweet, thanks for the today version!

one little thing, not necessary, but to just add functionality, is to be able to scroll up onto the today area when the calander icon is highlighted so you can check the appointment's details.
    don't know how that works, I tried several different things but it works on the sim. for now this is it.
    05-08-09 09:55 PM
    Storm version?

Looks great btw

05-08-09 11:34 PM
    Storm version?
    very highly doubtful, I don't make storm themes, mainly because I have no way of testing them. I put a theme on my phone at least 10-15 times testing and tweaking... send me a storm and I will
    Last edited by ninja please; 05-08-09 at 11:46 PM.
    05-08-09 11:43 PM
    Thanks so much. I'm usually a today theme user but downloaded the original anyways because I liked it so much. Now I'm even happier tho that u made it a today theme !!

05-09-09 03:44 AM
    fixed a couple more things, should navigate better now
    05-09-09 05:50 PM
    fixed a couple more things, should navigate better now
    The notification gone in the new version , is it suppose to be like that ? Thanks a lot ninja

05-10-09 12:18 AM
    The notification gone in the new version , is it suppose to be like that ? Thanks a lot ninja

I'm not sure what you mean by gone, it's there on mine. the notification is a white dot on the icon.
    05-10-09 02:28 AM
    how about an 8900 version?
    05-10-09 03:26 AM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD