I've tried countless free themes and even a couple purchased ones (BBOS6, HTC theme) and found them all to be memory leaks. Does anyone have a recommendation for a theme that is guaranteed to not leak memory?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 09:21 PM
    05-18-10 09:30 PM
    +1 on Reverie-D. Almost anything made in Plazmic will have some sort of leak though. Its just a matter of finding one thats suitable to your tastes that isn't an open faucet. I have found that anything with "hidden docks" or "scrolling docks" etc. leak particularly badly.
    05-18-10 09:40 PM
    So themes are what cause the memory leaks? I made my own very simple today style theme, nothing fancy, just something that shows phone calls, messages, calendar, and a weather icon. I see some major memory leaks for some reason, couldn't figure out why. Even when I don't use it for several hours, it can go down by several mb. What other things cause memory leaks?

-capT
    05-18-10 09:54 PM
    So themes are what cause the memory leaks? I made my own very simple today style theme, nothing fancy, just something that shows phone calls, messages, calendar, and a weather icon. I see some major memory leaks for some reason, couldn't figure out why. Even when I don't use it for several hours, it can go down by several mb. What other things cause memory leaks?

-capT
    Well, yes and no. Its kind of complicated. In reality, what we call a 'memory leak' isn't a leak at all because BB runs in a java virtual machine or JVM. Themes and applications can hog up loads of memory and refuse to let go of it and this is usually what we're experiencing when we say we have 'memory leaks' [atleast this is what the developers over [HERE] at XtremeLabs explained to me.

Themes can 'leak' a quite a bit especially if they have TrueType fonts (which must be rendered as images for some reason), images that need to be resized (aren't the proper size when put into the theme), have crazy hidden, flashing, etc. parts and for other reasons. Most of the time though, themes you install from good theme developers here on CB wont leak too badly for you or will be at least made to limit this as much as possible. I have found certain applications to be the real memory-offenders in most cases.
    Last edited by d5115r; 05-18-10 at 10:07 PM.
    05-18-10 10:03 PM
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a theme that is guaranteed to not leak memory?
    Precision Zen.
    05-20-10 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD