I'm trying to create a theme for my 9000 using the graphics from 4.6 (buttons, menu backgrounds, etc.) It's all working just fine except the homescreen which always has a half-second lag when I use the OS4.6 icon underlays and highlights. The stock 5.0 graphics have no lag whatsoever. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

UPDATE: It seems that the Zen homescreen icons are 80x83 dimension. I thought the lag might be the bold resizing them, but I edited them to that size and compressed them as much as possible (634 bytes each roughly) and still laggy. I'm using Theme Builder 5.0 btw.

HELP :'(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 07:03 PM
    The icon dimension for a 9000 are always 80x80 as for the lag I don't know what could be causing unless you're using an svg file on the homescreen

06-27-10 08:46 PM
    I'm using the standard (built-in to theme builder) zen layout. And in the OEM icons folder (samples > themes > images > Precision Zen 480 x 320) the zen ones seem to be 80 x 83. This is with Theme Builder 5.0, and are irritatingly confusing...

Should icons and such in a theme have a particular bit depth or anything like that? Though the icons I hope to use are from OS4.6, so they should technically run flawlessly... Very odd.

06-28-10 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD