This is my first theme. It's a simple bold theme, didn't change much! The biggest thing is the home screen. It's U shaped with 15 customizable icons. The home screen has no visible icons until scroll the trackball, the icon slides out from either the side or bottom. When you scroll to the next, the original one slides back hidden the next slides into view. The application name does disapper so if you leave the active icon as the profiles you have absolutely nothing on the homescreen. Please leave your feedback!!
    Here's the linko to the OTA !
    Zen Fixed: BoldUHide
    And few pics: Zen

I changed the background on the today only because the sunlight on the default picture interferes with the with font! Picture is able to be changed. I also forgot to mention, to get to the today text on every icon, except 5(bottom corner left) and 12 (bottom corner right), YOu just scroll toward the text to get it, but on the mentioned 5 and 12 you must scroll down to get to the today text. Hope that explanation makes sense.
    Link to Today OTA :
    BoldUHide Preview
    Today Pics:

Last edited by Scoot05RedSS; 10-02-09 at 12:03 AM.
    07-12-09 02:52 PM
    Has anyone downloaded it yet? To appreciate it, you really have to see it in action on your phone. Just wanting to know if anyone is using it!
    07-12-09 04:24 PM
    Looks nice - unique clutter free concept.

Does the theme have today preview? That would be awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 06:26 PM
    awesome theme man, great idea. I'm going to send you a pm later tonight with some questions about it if u don't mind.

Thanks

Chase

07-12-09 06:45 PM
    I don't mind at all! Thanks for the comments and no, it doesn't have today preview, but I can deffinately play it and see what I can do!

07-12-09 09:32 PM
    @Scoot

Wow man! The best theme I've seen! Very cool concept which actually work!

I would like make some suggestions to assist you in making this theme perfect. I noticed that there seems to be two icons on the bottom left part. On one, you have to move left in order to 'proceed' to the next icon. But on the other, you have to go up. Not a big issue but nevertheless a wrinkle to be ironed out, so to speak.

Other than that, the only thing I noticed is that the scrolling speed through the icons are somewhat more sensitive than the system setting (mine's on 80). It seems fine when I scroll in the main menu but moves way faster on the homescren.

I don't know if you're looking for feedback, but there you go; the least I can to say thanks!

07-12-09 10:48 PM
    Feedback is greatly appreciated! I'm not sure how to address the scrolling speed issue, but I am gonna look at the home icon navigation! Thanks for the words! And I'm working on the today version, I'll try to get the home navigation fixed first!

07-12-09 10:59 PM
    Ok guys, I got the nav issue fixed and I did complete a today version! But unfourtunately I live out in the woods and have no internet on my computer! But tomorrow I will update the ota to reflect the fixed version, add an ota for the today version, and put up a pic of the homescreen! So I do apologize if you have have already downloaded it and will have to update with the new ota!

07-13-09 12:12 AM
    Hi Scoot! Are you the greatest theme builder or what! Thanks a bunch man! Will really look forward to downloading the fixed verion. Will you be able to make two version; one with the Today and one without? I am sure many users would appreciate a choice. Thanks again!

07-13-09 12:37 AM
    Yep I'm gonna have both, and no I'm not the best, in fact I'm confused by a lot of what these programs offer! But I'm learning as I got! As mentioned this is my first themes! Thanks again for the kind words!

07-13-09 08:52 AM
    Thanks for putting in a today version. I will give it a whirl once you have it loaded. Keep up the good work.
    07-13-09 09:12 AM
    Great idea indeed. Running it now, looks good. Can't wait to try the today version.

07-13-09 11:09 AM
    Link to the OTA DL?
    07-13-09 11:20 AM
    Scoot, this is one of the best themes I've used to date, it is so clean...It's what I've been looking for. Cant wait til see the update. Keep up the good work!!!
    07-13-09 11:34 AM
    There you go guys! OTA's are in the original post with updated pics!!! Hope you like it! Feedback welcome!
    07-13-09 11:35 AM
    what application is used for the weather app?
    07-13-09 11:42 AM
    weather bug 1.0.0.106
    07-13-09 11:43 AM
    Ok, this is genius Scoot. Trying the today version now and it looks great and runs smooth. It'll take some time to get used to these hidden icons though. Right now I'm scrolling around like mad to find my messages folder, lol.
    One issue I'm running into: sms today is showing my outbox instead of inbox, any idea why that is?

07-13-09 02:04 PM
    That shouldn't be theme controlled. Go into the messages then BB button and options, you should have an option there to show inbox and not show outbox! Thanks for the comments man!!
    07-13-09 02:53 PM
    I have tried several times to download the zen version and I get a download failed message that the file is the incorrect type. Is that one an OTA download also or do I have to use the desktop?
    07-13-09 03:14 PM
    It's OTA, anyone else having this issue?
    07-13-09 03:22 PM
    Same problem here, "download failed". Using the today theme, and very impressed. Thanks!
    07-13-09 04:20 PM
    So where you able to dl the today version ebarne? Let me check it out! I know its the .jad file! Hopefully I'll have an answer soon!
    07-13-09 04:29 PM
    Hey guys I tried the site twice. I removed it and redownloaded it twice. It worked for me both times! Maybe this site is having issues with their servers? I'll check it Pinstack and see if I can rehost the ota through them and try to get a new link. Sorry guys, your patience is greatly appreciated!
    07-13-09 04:34 PM
    That shouldn't be theme controlled. Go into the messages then BB button and options, you should have an option there to show inbox and not show outbox! Thanks for the comments man!!
    Ok, so I tried doing that, but there's no such option. Under 'view folder' i can select Inbox, but it doesn't change anything in the today screen. Where exactly should this option be checked? Thanks.

07-13-09 04:50 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD