BASIC.black is a theme developed upon suggestions and feedback from pure.BASIC. Spotting new banners and retaining most of the default elements like user customizable font size.

BASIC.black

- Fast, sleek and spotting a new look from pure.BASIC
    - Retaining most of the theme elements that comes with the default theme
    - Font size unlocked
    - With hidden today
    - Cleaner banners
    - Supports international characters

OTA links (download directly from your Blackberry browser)

Updated 22 Sept 2153hrs (+8GMT)

- profile text listing visibility resolved

- Replaced focus button from blue to grey

- Replaced directional up & down from blue to black

Download as usual from OTA but sorry for having to reboot though.

BASIC.black for 9000 OTA

Updated 20 Sept: BASIC.black small font version for 9000 OTA

Theme notes:

1) Theme for 9000 & 9630 are tested on simulators only

2) Kindly do a battery pull after installation of the theme and ensure that you do not have any unread messages before you do that.

3) Battery & Signal meters percentage are in 10% and 20% blocks respectively. They are only an estimate.

Please note not repost OTA links elsewhere without permission. Direct Links to my website is recommended instead. Thank you.

Comments and feedbacks welcome. Let me know if there are any problems.

Hope you like it.
    Last edited by jas0ns; 09-22-09 at 09:24 AM.
    09-19-09 05:02 PM
    whoa that's cool
    09-19-09 05:09 PM
    Looks great. Thx for sharing!
    09-19-09 05:35 PM
    Love the icons in this. Great looking theme!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 06:26 PM
    Sweet, well designed, functional and fast. As usual from Pure.labs is there a way to the app name of third party apps to show beneath the icons? Or is it hard coded in the icon itself?

Br Mio

09-20-09 02:34 AM
    Thanks all for the comments and feedback.

@mio_BB - sad to say, yes the 3rd party apps icons are hardcoded, if not, I would have changed them as well.

And to all, if u like smaller fonts like I do, the small fonts version is available for download now at my website.

09-20-09 02:47 AM
    BASIC.black with small font version updated on 1st post and a minor update. Thank you
    09-22-09 09:24 AM
    great Theme!! Tnxx
    09-23-09 12:31 PM
    Really appreciate this

09-24-09 08:09 AM
    Thanks for the comments. Appreciate it.
    09-24-09 08:53 AM
    Excellent theme! I'm loving the small font version. Thank you very much for sharing

09-25-09 01:09 AM
    Excellent theme! I'm loving the small font version. Thank you very much for sharing

Thanks swishhh, I prefer small fonts too.. it just me
    09-25-09 07:46 AM
    thanks alot, I like this theme
    09-30-09 08:40 AM
    Glad u like it hchen

09-30-09 09:41 PM
    BASIC.black is a theme developed upon suggestions and feedback from pure.BASIC. Spotting new banners and retaining most of the default elements like user customizable font size.

BASIC.black

- Fast, sleek and spotting a new look from pure.BASIC
    - Retaining most of the theme elements that comes with the default theme
    - Font size unlocked
    - With hidden today
    - Cleaner banners
    - Supports international characters

OTA links (download directly from your Blackberry browser)

Updated 22 Sept 2153hrs (+8GMT)

- profile text listing visibility resolved

- Replaced focus button from blue to grey

- Replaced directional up & down from blue to black

Download as usual from OTA but sorry for having to reboot though.

BASIC.black for 9000 OTA

Updated 20 Sept: BASIC.black small font version for 9000 OTA

Theme notes:

1) Theme for 9000 & 9630 are tested on simulators only

2) Kindly do a battery pull after installation of the theme and ensure that you do not have any unread messages before you do that.

3) Battery & Signal meters percentage are in 10% and 20% blocks respectively. They are only an estimate.

Please note not repost OTA links elsewhere without permission. Direct Links to my website is recommended instead. Thank you.

Comments and feedbacks welcome. Let me know if there are any problems.

Hope you like it.
    Awesome theme. Thank you!!!!

10-04-09 01:50 PM
    Love this dudes themes, am having a problem with the pure.basic theme where read messages are appearing on my homescreen as unread, and wont disapear until i mark them as prior read, appart from that love it... cant PM the jas0ns as i dont have enough forums posts yet, so thought id ask. Pure.basic black is orrrsome tooo.

Thanks.
    10-06-09 06:38 AM
    Love this dudes themes, am having a problem with the pure.basic theme where read messages are appearing on my homescreen as unread, and wont disapear until i mark them as prior read, appart from that love it... cant PM the jas0ns as i dont have enough forums posts yet, so thought id ask. Pure.basic black is orrrsome tooo.

Thanks.
    I'm having the same problem with the BASIC.Black theme, but i think that ive got it sussed, if i leave my messages open when i lock my berry( My left softkey is assigned my keyboard lock ), then the alert wont show up. So from now on all i need to do is not leave my messages open when i use the theme.
    10-08-09 08:56 AM
    I'm having the same problem with the BASIC.Black theme, but i think that ive got it sussed, if i leave my messages open when i lock my berry( My left softkey is assigned my keyboard lock ), then the alert wont show up. So from now on all i need to do is not leave my messages open when i use the theme.
    hi Snippyuk,

The hidden today is known to be buggy for themes with this element and there might be some solutions which work for some. I have not encountered it often so might not be wise to advice you. You can try searching the forum to see if any of the suggestions work for you better.

Thanks for your feedback and comments
    10-08-09 09:39 AM
    hi Snippyuk,

The hidden today is known to be buggy for themes with this element and there might be some solutions which work for some. I have not encountered it often so might not be wise to advice you. You can try searching the forum to see if any of the suggestions work for you better.

Thanks for your feedback and comments
    Thanks very much mate, Dont worry have gotten into a routine of not leaving my messages open, its worth it for the theme. Your welcome for the feedback.
    So, doya have anything new your working on, anything to tease us with, any up and coming themes??

SNiPPY
    10-09-09 03:00 AM
    Thanks very much mate, Dont worry have gotten into a routine of not leaving my messages open, its worth it for the theme. Your welcome for the feedback.
    So, doya have anything new your working on, anything to tease us with, any up and coming themes??

SNiPPY
    Ahhh.. I am working on a pure.system II and should be out in a few days. Check out my webby or forum for update the next few days
    10-09-09 08:00 AM
    Ahhh.. I am working on a pure.system II and should be out in a few days. Check out my webby or forum for update the next few days
    Heya mate just zipped over to your website, Love the new look of the system II, do you have a version with out shortcutme in it?? and i take it i have to have Shortcutme for that to work .

-SNiPPY
    10-12-09 02:39 AM
    Hi Snippy,

You don't need shortcutme for the theme to work, the last nutton assigned for shortcutme will not work tat's all.. by the way, I have included, Quicklaunch and a media version for those without launcher apps.
    10-13-09 12:15 AM
    any chance of getting this for the 9700?
    05-30-10 01:19 AM
    great themes... love it... (^^, )
    05-31-10 07:00 PM
    any chance of getting this for the 9700?
    Do a search in the 9700 theme forum or register at his site for downloads:

the purelab. community
    05-31-10 07:26 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD