AppleBerry Theme Suite 2.0 - Officially Released!
    March 20th, 2010

The time has finally come, AppleBerry Theme Suite 2.0 has been officially released for the Bold 9000. It comes in eight versions, all included for one price. I've been notorious for not releasing anything on the Bold 9000, mostly because it has an awkward resolution but I finally decided to bite the bullet and give it a whirl. (=

Versions:

- AppleBerry
    - AppleBerry + Hidden Today
    - AppleBerry + 1 Extra Icon Slot (for Weather icons, MeterBerry, QuickLaunch, etc)
    - AppleBerry + Hidden Today + 1 Extra Icon Slot
    - AppleBerry + Hidden Today + 1 Extra Icon Slot + No Transitions
    - AppleBerry + Stacks
    - AppleBerry + Stacks + 1 Extra Icon Slot (for Weather icons, MeterBerry, QuickLaunch, etc)
    - AppleBerry + Stacks + Hidden Today

Buy it now:

Click here!
    Last edited by hastings; 09-13-10 at 12:06 PM.
    03-20-10 06:25 PM
    Product Tour:

Here you can see the home screen for AppleBerry with Stacks. In keeping with a high usability factor, the time and date are both very large and easy to read, as are the signal and battery indicators. This time around, I've included custom notifications for all events, which you can see bunched together there. They are very crisp, clean, and easy to see at a glance - perfect for when you're trying to check your BlackBerry quickly. I have left ample room for multiple notifications on the top bar, you should never run into a situation where you have more notifications than you have room for.

You can see the icons sit on top of the classic Apple dock. They bounce and light up white when selected, along with a nice blue ring that follows your cursor. On the right of the dock you will see a "drawer" of icons - this is part of the Stacks feature. The icons in the drawer that you see are representative of what will actually appear when you open the Stack, they're mini icons and this feature even supports all third party icons too.

When you open the Stack drawer by clicking down on it with the cursor you will reveal six additional icons in the popular "Grid" view. These icons are easy to navigate and when selected they light up white and have the popular mouse cursor to indicate where you are in the Stack. (no more getting lost) The code for Stacks has been reduced by 25% from previous iterations of it, and it works flawlessly without a bit of memory loss.

The home screen has two keyboard shortcuts. If you press the "Space" key on your keyboard it will launch QuickLaunch (sold separately), if you press the "$" key it will launch SMS/MMS.

When you enter the Application Menu, you get a good view of all your icons. You will notice the icons are a good size, definitely big, but not too big as to overwhelm you. These icons are incredibly vibrant and absolutely "pop" on the beautiful BlackBerry displays. The popular mouse cursor follows you around indicating where you are. The folder icons are all individually skinned and are fairly self explanatory. As usual, AppleBerry skins icons that most developers skip over, such as Brick Breaker and Word Mole.

Here you can see a few of the other icons that are included with AppleBerry, all of which were designed to be immediately recognizable to new users. Nobody wants to guess when they're trying to find an icon.

Inside the "Contacts" application, you can get a feel for the light blue gradient I've used for highlighting messages and contacts. It is very easy on the eyes and good for long term use. The traditional Mac dialogue boxes with famous "Aqua" buttons are present here as well, most of these were created pixel by pixel to make them as "crisp" as possible.

The menus slide up from the bottom of the screen (quickly) and reveal a subtle pinstripe effect with the blue highlight. The pinstripes have always been a signature of AppleBerry and I made sure to include it with the new version. Font sizes were selected to appeal to the masses, and are neither too big nor too small. You will also notice at the top right of the screen that I have skinned the "123" keyboard status indicator, not shown are the skinned "multitap", "capslock" and "alt" buttons.

Oh, cool - Steve Jobs is calling again. Here you can see a very clean "Incoming Call" screen. Large clean fonts so that you can see who is calling, no squinting required.

On the phone with Steve, you get a good look at the new call screen. I wanted to organize the different aspects of the call screen, so all the vital call information is free floating, and all call status and volume meters are located in clean edged boxes. The volume indicators are also fully skinned.

The lockscreen is classic AppleBerry. A great big lock sitting on top of a nice reflective dock.

---------------------------------
    Last edited by hastings; 03-20-10 at 06:33 PM.
    03-20-10 06:25 PM
    Updated to work on OS 4.6!

That's it for now. (=
    03-26-10 06:21 PM
    hi, i downloaded this theme and so far i am enjoying it, but it seems to be missing the call log icon or the "phone" icon, which i actually use alot.

but overall, it's a clean theme!
    03-29-10 03:40 PM
    hi, i downloaded this theme and so far i am enjoying it, but it seems to be missing the call log icon or the "phone" icon, which i actually use alot.

but overall, it's a clean theme!
    Check your Application folder it may be "hidden" in there.
    03-29-10 05:23 PM
    As andyahs stated, definitely check out your folders as it must be hidden in there. Also, press the BB hardware key -> click 'Show All'. It could be hidden entirely!

It's good to see some people responding in this thread, it's the quietest AppleBerry thread I've ever made, and I have a lot of 9000 users! If any of you have some input I'd love to hear it for future updates. (=
    03-29-10 06:10 PM
    Any plans to release the Dark version for the Bold? I'll definitely be the first to get it!
    05-06-10 07:29 PM
    I just bought an iMac at home so I figured I would try this out. So far, so good. Very nice theme.
    05-07-10 07:12 AM
    This theme is so very relaxed and bright, its a refreshing alternative to some of the cluttered themes that seem to dominate the scene. Been loving it!
    05-09-10 12:45 PM
    I bought the AppleBerry Theme Suite 2.0 and they emailed me saying that I need to email or fax a copy of my credit card to them along with my drivers license and then after i do that they'll send me the email to download it. I have a blackberry bold 9000. how do I get around this so i can download the theme?
    10-07-10 10:23 PM
    Your screenshot shows the date infront of the month. If I download this theme, will it show up like that on my phone?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Last edited by grunt0300; 10-10-10 at 10:37 PM.
    10-10-10 10:35 PM
    Your screenshot shows the date infront of the month. If I download this theme, will it show up like that on my phone?

I have this theme. The date shows up in US format, not European format, since I have AT&T. The screenshots displayed are on a device with a UK carrier.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-11-10 02:40 PM
    Hey Grunt,

Sorry about the delay!

The date will show up in your local format depending on what your "Language Settings" are set to.

If you select "English (United Kingdom)", it will display as: Monday 10 October

If you select "English (United States)", or just "English" it will display as: Monday, October 11

So as long as you have your language settings set up correctly, and your carrier usually does this for you, it will display as you like.

If you wish to change your Language Settings:

Options -> Language and Text Input -> "Language" drop down.
    10-11-10 02:56 PM
    Followed your directions. Top right-hand corner is language drop down box. It only gives two options:English or English(U.S.). I can change language to English(U.K.) or English(G.B.) further down the page, but not in the upper right. This may be the problem, but how do i solve it? Can i change the upper right box through the DM, or do i have to go to the AT&T store again? Last time i went, the punk saleskid told me to just get an IPhone.
    10-11-10 04:53 PM
    Followed your directions. Top right-hand corner is language drop down box. It only gives two options:English or English(U.S.). I can change language to English(U.K.) or English(G.B.) further down the page, but not in the upper right. This may be the problem, but how do i solve it? Can i change the upper right box through the DM, or do i have to go to the AT&T store again? Last time i went, the punk saleskid told me to just get an IPhone.
    Hey Grunt,

If the language option isn't there, it's because it didn't come preloaded with your device OS.

I take it you prefer the European date format and you want it on your device?

You're going to have to connect your device to your PC using the provided USB cable, open up BlackBerry Desktop Manager, go to "Application Loader", "Add/Remove", under "Language and Input Support", make sure to check "English UK" then click next, follow the prompts.

If you don't see English UK, it's because the actual OS you downloaded did not come with the UK language set. You can probably just go to the BlackBerry OS site and find an OS from a UK carrier which matches your current OS, but will come with the UK language set.

Sorry there's not an easier way, but obviously it's a bit out of my hands.
    10-11-10 05:28 PM
    I'm running 5.0.0.822 and will try to download one from Vodafone U.K., or Vodafone Anywhere. I believe all Vodafone OS's use the Euro format. BTW, the Euro format is the same as U.S. military, and i'm retired military. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    10-11-10 06:37 PM
    I'm running 5.0.0.822 and will try to download one from Vodafone U.K., or Vodafone Anywhere. I believe all Vodafone OS's use the Euro format. BTW, the Euro format is the same as U.S. military, and i'm retired military. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    I would be shocked if Vodafone didn't include the English UK setting, so I'm quite certain you will be successful.

Good luck though!

You can write us anytime for additional tech support: support [at] blingberrythemes [dot] com.
    10-11-10 08:13 PM
    Prepare to be semi-shocked. Vodafone U.K. has the right settings, but after download it still only gave me two options in the language & text imput screen, English or English U.S. That option is being blocked, either by BB or AT&T. Way too much "big brother" for me. When my contract is up, it's hello IPhone4. I've had enough Thanks for all your help.
    10-11-10 08:48 PM
    Prepare to be semi-shocked. Vodafone U.K. has the right settings, but after download it still only gave me two options in the language & text imput screen, English or English U.S. That option is being blocked, either by BB or AT&T. Way too much "big brother" for me. When my contract is up, it's hello IPhone4. I've had enough Thanks for all your help.
    Hmm...

Have you tried loading the language manually like I suggested earlier using the Desktop Manager software? It could be your device telling the OS installer not to bother since the default language is already loaded.

Heck, I can load Japanese on my device using Desktop Manager.
    10-11-10 08:54 PM
    I download English U.K. manually, but my options are still English or English U.S. If its not the BDM, then it's how the phone was built for AT&T, and the core apps that BB installed at the factory. Either way, i'm finished messing with it. Two months, and i won't have to deal with it any more. Thanks again for all your help.
    10-11-10 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD