01-21-13 07:07 PM
I am looking for a way to sync up my BB Bold calendar with my windows live calendar that i always use. Google does sncing to their calendar, through google sync, so i was just wondering if windows live did the same thing, or if any of you guys/girls know another easy way for me to sync up my BB and Windows Live calendars.
Sam11-26-08 04:11 AM
- I recently looked in to this and it is not possible. Microsoft simply doesn't allow the functionality.
There is a work around where you can synch your BB with your Outlook calendar which you can then sync with your Windows Live calendar. But, you have to do it manually each time you update the calendar, it won't do it over the air. I found this on "eggheadcafe" which I can't link to:
"I have configured Outlook 2007 to my hotmail account and it works like
a dream. However, I want to sync my Blackberry with the Calendar of
my Hotmail account and the only way I have been able to do this is by
creating a Local PST file and copying the hotmail calendar to the PST
Let me know if you find a better solution.11-26-08 12:11 PM
- Has anyone worked out how to sync their blackberry with a hotmail calendar yet I have also looked for 3rd party apps for this as Blackberry Desktop Manager doesnt support picking a hotmail calendar presumably because its not a standard pst calendar in outlook.
I am trying to find a work around if i cant find software that does it automatically bt all my diary appts and birthdays etc are stored in hotmail calendar so thats what i need to sync to my blackberry.
email@example.com 03:31 PM
- Ok, this isnt great but at least it means i got my hotmail calendar entires onto my blackberry.
Just add an invitee to your calendare vent/appointment. use a different email address to the hotmail account the calendar is on.
setup your blackberry to also retrieve and sync from this additional email address and hey presto as long as u have this calendar under options selected you will receive the calendar entries.
remember you have to add the email address as an invitee to each calendar event in hotmail for this to work
not great but doesnt require any software or faffing around with outlook and import and export etc....
if anyone has a better solution would love to know about it12-15-08 03:46 PM
- That post was originally 2008. I can't believe that it's now 2012 and I can't sync my Windows Live Calendar to my 9810, over-the-air, as a main calendar. Google seems to have offered this option for years now and Windows have not equalled it yet? Unreal...
I'm interested to know if there's a way to do it. When I configure the Windows Live account on my phone, I am simply not offered the option for syncing the calendar. Contacts yes, but calendar, no. The calendar associated to the account is there when I click on the calendar icon, I guess I could feed it and my BB would record the entries, but this calendar has zero entries (although it has hundreds on my browser when I'm logged into my Windows Live account.) I just don't get it...10-22-12 09:21 PM
- I feel your pain. I came back to a 9930 from a WP7 Arrive, which obviously syncs seamlessly with my Windows Live calendars. I could sync manually before I updated DM the last time by going in and choosing my MSN files for calendar sync, but that option isn't available on the latest version. My Arrive is getting a broken screen fixed, or I'd already be back to it. This is crazy!12-29-12 04:36 PM
- Arrive is Nokia if I get that right?
So others do it but not BlackBerry, right?
I found this --- Get your Windows Live Calendar on the go --- but it's a weak solution, as you have to get to the page and log in everytime you open your browser. Crap. I want my Windows cal to sync on my native phone calendar without having to use my pc. This is 2013. No way a wire is needed to have an up-to-date calendar on your phone...12-31-12 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD