Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which memory card do you think is the best and is reliable for you bb?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sandisk

1 100.00%
  • Kingston

0 0%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ST79
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Cool What does "write protected" mean in my memory card & how do I remove it?

I have loaded tons of songs and pictures on to 4gb memory card, but today when I went to transfer over new songs it keeps saying "this disc is write protected." I don't understand or know what it is or how I did it. Can you also tell me how to remove it.
    Thanks for your help in advance
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28A17638

Quote Originally Posted by cal2okl View Post
    I have loaded tons of songs and pictures on to 4gb memory card, but today when I went to transfer over new songs it keeps saying "this disc is write protected." I don't understand or know what it is or how I did it. Can you also tell me how to remove it.
    Thanks for your help in advance
    In the settings is the card encrypted?
    "Living Life as Big, as My State"
    Follow Me on Twitter

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    PM Me !!

Are you using an SD card adapter and a card reader to transfer the files? If so, check both sides of the adapter, there is a small write protect switch.
    Thanked by:
    Dalton Bennett (10-14-2013) 
    Dalton Bennett likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Thank you

thank you so much for your comment! I had that then i switched it and it worked! I freaked out cuz i was sitting on my computer for 30 minutes prior! Thank you sooooo much!!