CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Web Browser Configuration - cant change the hotspot browser

hi all,

please help!

i have just bought a blackberry bold and trying to get to the internet, but it keeps telling me this is a wi-fi service.

i checked the config in the options, and it says its set at hotspot browser. when i click on it, it give me no other options.

can you help?
    thanks a lot! x
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,776 Global Posts

Go to browser >options >general properties >default browser click on internet browser b>back button and then save
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

that's where the problem lays it doesnt give me any options after clicking on the browser - internet browser doesnt come up on the list - just hotspot browser
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,776 Global Posts

Try going to:
    Manage Connections>un-check wifi and then follow instructions on previous post. If that doesn't work then maybe someone else has an idea.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

This happened when I first got my Bold. I had to call ATT on a land line and the tech had to reset everything. You might be able to resend the service books and accomplish the same thing but I wasn't.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default same has happend

mate, the same has happened to me, got mine yesterday, and cant change it from hotspot browser.

last night i manage to do it, but when i turned it back on this morning it was back to how it was

you found out how to fix it yet?
    CrackBerry Newbie

could you finally fix it?? i have the same problem
    CrackBerry Master

same issue here.. quite frustrating.. also my BIS wont connect..
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > White Z30
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Join dropbox for free cloud storage

Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Weird. What version of the software are you running.... trying to remember if any of the versions had a bug like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Web Browser Configuration - cant change the hotspot browser

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky736 View Post
    Weird. What version of the software are you running.... trying to remember if any of the versions had a bug like this.
    Jsl hybrid is 5 v8
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > White Z30
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Join dropbox for free cloud storage

Don't Panic