Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. r34gtt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Watch YouTube on blackberry?

    i have little trouble watching youtube videos with my blackberry 9000 bold, anyone can help me out here?

    Thanks a lot
  2. code85's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    You can start by telling us whats wrong? what kind of trouble.. etc..
  3. r34gtt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    when i click the video, it will opens up the media player then it saids loading.....
    after a minutes or 2 it will say "connection network disconnected, please try again"
  4. Laura Knotek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Geek

    Posts
    11,458 Posts
    Global Posts
    26,616 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Are you going to m.youtube.com?
  5. r34gtt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    yes, i was in m.youtube.com
  6. Martino24's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    91 Posts
    PIN
    20E31E7B
    #6  

    Default

    Do you have your carriers APN settings enabled? I did this and my vids now work

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. WolfmanRobby's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,326 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Also, you can try the BOLT web browser. YouTube seems to work much better in BOLT for me. Your milage may vary.
  8. siLa.Roo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    36 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    i'm having a problem with youtube too, don't know what it is but it says "The XML is not well-formed" and i use m.youtube.com as well
  9. tedzone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,442 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,453 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    On my 9700 I can play youtube vids while on wifi but NOT on cell network. I've read some of the "fix" posts but nothing works. Any suggestions??

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  10. mr44er's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    had the same problem some months ago.

    delete the WAP Browser [BrowserConfig] servicebook, then reload m.youtube.com and it works like a charm


    if it wont play again, push restore for servicebooks and delete it again...i´m doing so before i gonna watch on youtube.
  11. infamyx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,938 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    PIN
    Implying I still use a BB...
    #11  

    Default

    I personally use the Vision youtube app, which can play in either HQ or a lesser quality for not so great connections. I personally like to use this app because you can multitask with it (just hit end and send it to the background)
    Be warned multitask with youtube f*cking murders your battery really fast.
    I use this when I listen to just songs I don't have and don't want to watch the msuic video

    Another less intensive youtube app is Xenozu (sp) quality is much much worse than Vision but much better battery life.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  12. tedzone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,442 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,453 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr44er View Post
    had the same problem some months ago.

    delete the WAP Browser [BrowserConfig] servicebook, then reload m.youtube.com and it works like a charm


    if it wont play again, push restore for servicebooks and delete it again...i´m doing so before i gonna watch on youtube.
    Wow. Cool. I'll do it now
    Thx. :-)

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  13. PTOWNSMOSTWANTED_723's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    106 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Use a 3rd party app and it would open up automatically in your native browser. I.E. Bolt, Opera, etc.
  14. mr44er's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devildrifterX View Post
    I personally use the Vision youtube app, which can play in either HQ or a lesser quality for not so great connections. I personally like to use this app because you can multitask with it (just hit end and send it to the background)
    Be warned multitask with youtube f*cking murders your battery really fast.
    I use this when I listen to just songs I don't have and don't want to watch the msuic video

    Another less intensive youtube app is Xenozu (sp) quality is much much worse than Vision but much better battery life.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

    you can multitask with every app.
    hold your blackberry key for longer than one second and you can switch between apps.

    and if you have one app open, just push the red button one time to send it to background.

    and hold your A button for longer than one sec makes keylock.
  15. infamyx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,938 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    PIN
    Implying I still use a BB...
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr44er View Post
    you can multitask with every app.
    hold your blackberry key for longer than one second and you can switch between apps.

    and if you have one app open, just push the red button one time to send it to background.

    and hold your A button for longer than one sec makes keylock.
    I am well aware of these already, I was addressing the OP who was using m.youtube.com which you cannot multitask with while a video is playing.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  16. jason_tee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    PIN
    210983E1
    #16  

    Default

    I used Xenozu to browse youtube, quality wise normal, speed not bad, at least it play pretty smooth with my EDGE connection.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  17. ChrisLuce's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    PIN
    208308EF
    #17  

    Default

    I use Xenozu also, seems to work fine for me.
    Chris Luce
    PIN: 20D5D63B
  18. minttea's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    107 Posts
    PIN
    28419B47
    #18  

    Default

    Enable your 3G aswell.

Posting Permissions