Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm having this problem as well
    I've found that if you push down on the chrome edge of the phone, the buttons will work
    Last edited by smashtheqube; 11-15-2008 at 05:43 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Woke up this morning and my volume switch wasnt working either.. I didn't have a torx t5 screw driver and decided to use the "pinch the corner" technique... worked like a charm!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails volume button doesn't work-photo-3.jpg  
    CrackBerry Newbie

Can you guys PLEASE elaborate on WHAT TO LOOK FOR when opening the bold and HOW TO ADJUST the area of the volume bar?
    Maybe like a STEP ONE, STEP TWO type thing?
    Please and thank you.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    20f41cc3

I am still having trouble with this. Can someone please post steps? My up volume button is acting up!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default ty

Quote Originally Posted by Reibs View Post
    Woke up this morning and my volume switch wasnt working either.. I didn't have a torx t5 screw driver and decided to use the "pinch the corner" technique... worked like a charm!
    TYVM! that worked for me aswell
    CrackBerry User

Reviving this old thread. My lower volume button isn't responding. I opened up the phone as mentioned earlier in the thread, but I wasn't able to figure out what "bits" I'm suppose to be bending in what direction. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have the same problem. i have some superficial scratches and am affraid that they will screw me with a huge fee if they deny my warantee exchange. has anyone had problems returning a phone with scratches from just use?
    CrackBerry Abuser

weird im having a similar problem but it appears to only not work on calls. in music player volume buttons work.

on os 5.0.0.411 - must be an OS glitch. going to update now.
    Blackberry Bold 9900 | Carbon Fiber PU Leather Flip Case | Anti-Glare Screen Protector
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shuurajou View Post
    I suspect it will invalidate your warranty if you broke that seal. My unit is a seed unit so never had that seal on it. There shouldn't be a user out there that has a production Bold without a warranty, unless they have done something to void that warranty.

Honestly though, this is a design flaw of the Bold, that many users will experience throughout the life of owning a Bold, so may as well learn how to fix it now!
    Yes I experienced the same thing with my volume button on my bold 9700. I really didn't want to exchange the phone but then I squeezed the sides of the phone where the volume is located and it worked. Maybe when the warrantee is over I'll open my bold and sort out the contact points in the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

ER MER GERD yous aved me from a heart attack!!! i thought i had to get a new phone!!! THANK YOU!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Solution for volume problem

Buy a handsfree that has volume control built in it ,you can control the volume of the blackberry using those buttons
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12