Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by chefmfortner View Post
    Right now I use Youmail for my vvm and it works quite well but I am excited to see how an integrated vvm client works for AT&T.
    is there an app for the bold that needs to be downloaded. I went to the website but it told me "The help item requested could not be found"

Thanks
    Technology Will Ruin The World One Fine Day
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A7172A

Quote Originally Posted by rulethecourt View Post
    is there an app for the bold that needs to be downloaded. I went to the website but it told me "The help item requested could not be found"

Thanks
    You should be able to go to the youmail website and go through the steps to set it up, it will ask for your phone model and carrier then it will ask you to choose your greeting and tell you how to program your current vm
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30BB7DC7

Can't wait fir this feature, should b great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A1C28E

Will this be included in the standard BB service fee on AT&T or do you think it will be an additional fee? I ask because its included in the standard iPhone plan, so should it not be included in the standard BB plans? Lets just hope that it is.
    The CBK

PIN
    "No Pin For You!"

I have used Visual Voicemail apps before. Those were okay at best. I hope this one is a bit better.
    "It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book." Nietzsche
    The CBK

PIN
    "No Pin For You!"

Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    I upgraded my OS and it stopped working... Shame on me. I downgraded, but I believe I will have to wipe it and restore.
    Yeah, I am back on 216. I had a similar issue. Yay for upgrades!
    "It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book." Nietzsche
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    PIN
    216bcaf5

link for vymail ota if anyone wants to try
    hxxp://www.joekrill.com/vymail/ota/
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30B8E86B

I'm confused, if this was included in the 219 and 219 is already leaked, does that mean its included in the leaked beta?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask away

Quote Originally Posted by kyrow123 View Post
    Will this be included in the standard BB service fee on AT&T or do you think it will be an additional fee? I ask because its included in the standard iPhone plan, so should it not be included in the standard BB plans? Lets just hope that it is.
    Although mentioned previously in this tread, its unlikely it will be a free addon. I believe the iphone vvm option is still the only "free" vvm option available from any carrier. Vzw charges and I am not sure if tmobile even has a vvm option.

Comparing the iphone features are difficult because the phone was basically built originally for the att network by apple. The vvm was part of that special package including when originally released the data plan was $5. Cheaper than any other data plan on att for the exact same features. It was all to inspire that oohhh factor for the iphone.

The bold is a different beast. Why would att offer the vvm option for free when other carriers get to make a dime? They all work together as much as they say they don't to make sure all the options they offer are of similar ilk so no one company becomes an overwhelming conglomerate.

Its why no company ever tries to take a huge technological jump forward, either with car fuel consumptio, cell phone or internet speeds/features, or similar. Companies know they can work together and milk the technology and us for the most money they can. Happens everywhere, all the time.

I will go on record as saying atts vvm will most definitely not be free. Just because there is an icon in eeeeaaarly beta stages means absolutely about cost.

If a car company puts a button to traction control on the new **** blazer xs dashboard, and hooks it up to nothing, we all know when they finally do add the function behind the button they are going to charge for it.

Mario

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12