CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default US BB users with Rogers Bold.

I'm curious how many people in US have bought a rogers bold and unlocked it for AT&T.. are you experience any problems?

Also is there the problems with 3G?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,835 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me.

there is a large group of US buyers here who will be getting a Rogers Bold soon. Maybe myself included. I'm sure they will post their results soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Where did you order from? and at what price?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    27F50C0B

People are selling it for $600 CAD off contract price, and I know it can be unlocked for $25 bucks.
    Atomize This | Twitter
    Phones - BB - 9900, 9700(x3), Bold(x5), 8820(x2), 8800, 8100, 8320(x2)| HTC - Diamond 2, Diamond, Polaris, Artemis
    Nokia - E72, N97(x2), E75(x2), Sapphire Arte, 5800 XM, E90, N95-4,E71-2(x4),E65,N82,8600,3120 |Sony - W810i |Samsung - D807 |Apple - iPhone 3G 8GB(x2), 16GB(x3), iPhone 3GS(x5), iPhone 4
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

What people?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM ME!

Quote Originally Posted by DVS_WiNdz View Post
    What people?
    People on Ebay and even a couple people here in the forums.
    -Houston(HUEY)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Hughpine89 View Post
    People on Ebay and even a couple people here in the forums.
    Prices on ebay are ridiculous.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,184 Global Posts

I'm curious how many people in US have bought a rogers bold and unlocked it for AT&T.. are you experience any problems?

Also is there the problems with 3G?
    I have seen a few people from various places say they have unlocked Bold's from Rogers, and they're running fine. Honestly, not sure how true that is considering all the problems. Best bet is to wait, but if you've got to have it, get it. Everything will be fixed eventually.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    PIN
    Check BB exchange

I'm very close to purchasing a rogers bold. Phonegeek has me optimistic though that an at&t release is closer than speculation has been pointing to. A november release date would have surely sent me to but a rogers bold but with the news of a new SW build out I'm becoming more optimistic of a US release.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM ME!

Prices on ebay are ridiculous.
    I know! I would never pay that much, I would rather just wait for AT&T to release then I know I'm getting a phone that is going to work right out of the box! Plus don't have to worry about unlocking it!
    -Houston(HUEY)
    CrackBerry Abuser

i wonder if att realises how many sales they r loosing by delaying all the buyers they r gonna loose to people buying from canada not smart att. *snikers*
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    225fab7d

I agree they will lose a lot of sales the bold shouldve been out by now but well just have to wait and see.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    27F50C0B

People in Canada, join Howard Forums, and go to their BST.
    Atomize This | Twitter
    Phones - BB - 9900, 9700(x3), Bold(x5), 8820(x2), 8800, 8100, 8320(x2)| HTC - Diamond 2, Diamond, Polaris, Artemis
    Nokia - E72, N97(x2), E75(x2), Sapphire Arte, 5800 XM, E90, N95-4,E71-2(x4),E65,N82,8600,3120 |Sony - W810i |Samsung - D807 |Apple - iPhone 3G 8GB(x2), 16GB(x3), iPhone 3GS(x5), iPhone 4
    CrackBerry Newbie

Is anyone using an unlocked Bold on AT&T. If so have you run into any problems with any services? Many people have said they are getting one but is anyone using one now on AT&T and is it working OK?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

I have been using a Rogers one on AT&T for 3 days now. Unlocking was simple and everything works great without any problems. I have also not noticed any 3G dropping (at least in my area). The reason I was prepared to pay the premium is that I travel to Japan a lot on business and needed the 3G (UMTS) to roam there. It was either that or having to buy another 3G phone in the meantime to take with me.
    CrackBerry User

Started using my unlocked Rogers on AT&T today and have been just fine. Steady 3G service and rock-solid performance.

Love the phone so far. Just lucky to be on vacation in Canada this past week.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,283 Global Posts
    PIN
    ♥ ♥

I'm not using a Bold but have dealt with 3 people on CB in getting them a bold. two people ordered 1 and another person ordered 5. the price I got the 5 and 1 for is 649.99 plus 13% tax 735.00 CDN (about 702.00 USD) then the shipping and any fees that ebay charges thats who we went through. and I dont charge anything to you for doing this, just being nice! the other person bought through rogers and is shipping it to my home then Im shipping to him it should be here tomorrow or Tues (mon is a holiday) if you need help or any info let me know but Im sure it will come to the US soon if you want to wait and not pay the shipping and stuff! good luck!! I just wanted to add that more than 25 people have contacted me but I've actually dealt money wise with 3 different people.

Sarah
    ♥ Wife to Sarfraz, Mom to Aisha & Zahid ♥
    Sarah