Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,440 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Top ten reasons why the Blackberry compares even worse to...

the iPhone!

The sister site "the iPhone blog" has an article/blog up taking a shot at RIM. Its an interesting read. I can't post a link since I am on an iPhone right now. Pwn3d, I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBourne View Post
    the iPhone!

The sister site "the iPhone blog" has an article/blog up taking a shot at RIM. Its an interesting read. I can't post a link since I am on an iPhone right now. Pwn3d, I know.

lol... You can post links from the iPhone, lol. You won't be able to copy and paste
    CrackBerry.com Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Forum Guidelines | MarketPlace Guidelines
    My Twitter | The Genesis Blog
    My Marketplace Feedback
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    k luver

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden0606 View Post
    lol... You can post links from the iPhone, lol. You won't be able to copy and paste
    lmao jayden good one!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    PIN
    Check the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden0606 View Post
    hahahahhahhahahahah
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts

It's a stupid article. How in the world can they say the touch screen keyboard is BETTER? Are you kidding me? Please, the typing is about 3x SLOWER on there and you mess up 3x more! iPhone fanbois can compare all they want but they can't dispute the fact that iPhone doesn't have:

1. Video recording. Something that even a $49 phone has! How pathetic is that?

2. MMS text. I mean, seriously? Even a $10 phone has that one!

3. No voice dialing? Sorry, that's just sad.

Yes, the iPhone has a better internet browser. But, I'd take a real keyboard and the above three over a better browser. I have a real computer for browsing the internet.

Present: iPhone 4, 9700 Bold, PlayBook
    Priors: Curve 8700, Flip 8220, Curve 8900, Tour 9630, iPhone 3GS.
    Logical reasoning beats ignorance.
    I'd agree with you but then I'd be wrong.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts

And it begins...

Global Posts
    10,749 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazEtooN View Post
    And it begins...

.....again

LMAO
    Old ZEN Saying: "Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind." / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm./ My Zin: I can't help everyone....but, I can help someone./ Shh...Mrs. Peevers' biggest fan. / BB10 OS Archives
  8. MrP
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts
    PIN
    2161538B

Lol- I gave up my curve for exactly 2.5 months on an iphone experiment and I could not believe that it didn't have mms or cut/paste! Seriously complete BS! I was even more suprised when they announced the new one and STILL haven't added these features- what are they thinking!? Are 3rd party apps going to address these features who knows! But I can't live without them!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    It's a stupid article. How in the world can they say the touch screen keyboard is BETTER? Are you kidding me? Please, the typing is about 3x SLOWER on there and you mess up 3x more! iPhone fanbois can compare all they want but they can't dispute the fact that iPhone doesn't have:

1. Video recording. Something that even a $49 phone has! How pathetic is that?

2. MMS text. I mean, seriously? Even a $10 phone has that one!

3. No voice dialing? Sorry, that's just sad.

Yes, the iPhone has a better internet browser. But, I'd take a real keyboard and the above three over a better browser. I have a real computer for browsing the internet.
    I'm still debating whether or not I will be getting the Bold or 3g iPhone so I'm stuck in the middle here right now... it may come down to if the Bold is released before July 11th. I will say all of the things you mentioned can be fixed with a simple update. Will they do it? Who knows but it can be done fairly easily. I'm not going to start a whole debate here but again that whole arguement with mms, video, etc has been beaten to death. Oh and the keyboard issue you mentioned... I have no problem what so ever typing on it. I go thru thousands of texts a month never with a issue. And over the past few years I've had many Treo's and HTC devices. But, to each his own.
    CrackBerry User

I think a bigger flaw than all of those things is the fact that the iphone (new one too) doesn't have stereo bluetooth. I mean, it's a fregging i-phone, like i-pod, as in a dedicated multimedia/music device, and the thing doesn't have stereo bluetooth? WTF?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by littleblue View Post
    I think a bigger flaw than all of those things is the fact that the iphone (new one too) doesn't have stereo bluetooth. I mean, it's a fregging i-phone, like i-pod, as in a dedicated multimedia/music device, and the thing doesn't have stereo bluetooth? WTF?
    From what I've been reading is it's because the audio gets so compressed that it is not even worth it. At least that's what has been floating around. I'd never use it personally just because of battery drain but I can see how people would appreciate it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,440 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

ha, I found that article through a google search. I wasn't paying attention when I first posted this since I thought the link was some sort of long string and I wasn't about to type it out on this stupid phone. Then I realized that the iPhone Blog: iPhone News, Reviews, and Opinion was all that I needed. LOL.

And even that was too tedious on the iPhone.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,440 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

And when I meant post a link I meant copy and paste.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Qill tip please

Iphone equals ijoke in my book

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask and ye shall receive

the absense of copy and paste would make for one huge pain in the rear to drop links on CB! i dont know if i could deal with it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg164 View Post
    Iphone equals ijoke in my book

+++++++++ 1
    The Sultan of CrackBerry

Global Posts
    5,634 Global Posts

Anyone else see this list? I'm curious as to what it says!
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,126 Global Posts

I snagged and iPhone on eBay .. I love it and use it everyday ...

... to set my Curve on so it doesn't get scratched on my desk.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

Ugh... These reasons are all completely moronic, but then again the reasons I like the BlackBerry really weren't any of the reasons that were mentioned in the "top 10 reasons iPhone isn't a BlackBerry" post. Nobody is ever going to win this debate guys, honestly, it's all about personal preference. No matter what points you try to make you're not going say anything that makes the other side just submit and say "oh you're right, how come I never thought about that?"

People like their iPhones and people like their BlackBerrys, as long as RIM and Apple are pushing out smartphones people are going to compare them and argue over which is better. Last night I was looking at videos of the Bold on YouTube and I came across a video of this girl saying she was going to get a SideKick LX and instead ended up getting a Curve 8320. There were a bunch of posts from people saying that BlackBerrys were crap and that SideKicks are awesome. See now THAT is a debate that obviously one side is right about, because come on... SideKicks blow a**, that little spin/flip crap was cool 3 years ago, get off it already. But back to the subject at hand, your usual iPhone lover is never going to admit that BlackBerrys are better (not saying that they are just read.) And the usual BlackBerry lover is never going to admit that an iPhone is better... Clearly both parties have found reasons that in their mind make the iPhone or the BlackBerry the better device FOR THEM. So try as you might, 9 times out of 10 you're not going to convert one to the other. Fans of these two "titans" (if you will) should be grateful for such strong competition. Consumers benefit from competition (that's why a monopoly is a terrible thing). As long as RIM is striving to be better than Apple and Apple is striving to be better than RIM, BlackBerry lovers and iPhone lovers get better and better products. There is no incentive for a company to make a better product if there isn't a company with a similar product threatening to steal their customers. I have more to say but can't really put it into words at the moment...
  20. jaydee547

LOL I used to be a Palm OS user.

Even the so called antiquated palm OS can do Copy&Paste MMS, video recording and A2DP. How come the super advanced iPhone does not have those features. And about the Browser the so much promoted exclusive feature of full page preview and zoom is available in opera mini on almost every phone!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by Skormm View Post
    Ugh... These reasons are all completely moronic, but then again the reasons I like the BlackBerry really weren't any of the reasons that were mentioned in the "top 10 reasons iPhone isn't a BlackBerry" post. Nobody is ever going to win this debate guys, honestly, it's all about personal preference. No matter what points you try to make you're not going say anything that makes the other side just submit and say "oh you're right, how come I never thought about that?"

People like their iPhones and people like their BlackBerrys, as long as RIM and Apple are pushing out smartphones people are going to compare them and argue over which is better. Last night I was looking at videos of the Bold on YouTube and I came across a video of this girl saying she was going to get a SideKick LX and instead ended up getting a Curve 8320. There were a bunch of posts from people saying that BlackBerrys were crap and that SideKicks are awesome. See now THAT is a debate that obviously one side is right about, because come on... SideKicks blow a**, that little spin/flip crap was cool 3 years ago, get off it already. But back to the subject at hand, your usual iPhone lover is never going to admit that BlackBerrys are better (not saying that they are just read.) And the usual BlackBerry lover is never going to admit that an iPhone is better... Clearly both parties have found reasons that in their mind make the iPhone or the BlackBerry the better device FOR THEM. So try as you might, 9 times out of 10 you're not going to convert one to the other. Fans of these two "titans" (if you will) should be grateful for such strong competition. Consumers benefit from competition (that's why a monopoly is a terrible thing). As long as RIM is striving to be better than Apple and Apple is striving to be better than RIM, BlackBerry lovers and iPhone lovers get better and better products. There is no incentive for a company to make a better product if there isn't a company with a similar product threatening to steal their customers. I have more to say but can't really put it into words at the moment...
    amen Skormm...this is a neverending debate between two parties with opposing views. like the Democrats and Republicans, like the conservatives and the liberals, like the Red Sox (woot woot!) and the Yankees...there is no winner. its all about opinion and what works for YOU the user. if someone prefers the Bold over the iPhone or the iPhone over the Bold its THEIR opinion and whats works for THEM. that does not mean thats what works for everyone. it does not by any means translate into the Bold being better than the iPhone or the iPhone being better than the Bold.

although it can be entertaining to watch people go back and forth about this, its starting to get old. i said this in another post (and Skormm mentioned it as well) we the consumers benefit greatly from the competition between Apple and RIM so as long as they continue to one-up the other, we're going to see some amazing and powerful devices come our way so i am all for it.

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee547 View Post
    LOL I used to be a Palm OS user.

Even the so called antiquated palm OS can do Copy&Paste MMS, video recording and A2DP. How come the super advanced iPhone does not have those features. And about the Browser the so much promoted exclusive feature of full page preview and zoom is available in opera mini on almost every phone!
    On the same size screen? I can read a normal page layout without the zoom on the iPhone. I can't do this on Opera on any phone.
    CrackBerry.com Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Forum Guidelines | MarketPlace Guidelines
    My Twitter | The Genesis Blog
    My Marketplace Feedback
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wow I actually read all of that garbage all I got was I don't know what I'm talking about, my screen is bigger, Steve Jobs controls everything I do and I sweat his &@!!$, My phone is useless and out of date but I can cruse the web really well, and I don't care that I have to wait for my email because I'm a **** and think RIMs servers crash all the time for some resign.

Anyone else get the same things out of the iphone “rebuttal?????”.

“I keep hearing about this Apple smart phone WHERE THE HECK IS IT.”
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    219334AF

Quote Originally Posted by rollman06 View Post
    amen Skormm...this is a neverending debate between two parties with opposing views. like the Democrats and Republicans, like the conservatives and the liberals, like the Red Sox (woot woot!) and the Yankees...there is no winner. its all about opinion and what works for YOU the user. if someone prefers the Bold over the iPhone or the iPhone over the Bold its THEIR opinion and whats works for THEM. that does not mean thats what works for everyone. it does not by any means translate into the Bold being better than the iPhone or the iPhone being better than the Bold.

although it can be entertaining to watch people go back and forth about this, its starting to get old. i said this in another post (and Skormm mentioned it as well) we the consumers benefit greatly from the competition between Apple and RIM so as long as they continue to one-up the other, we're going to see some amazing and powerful devices come our way so i am all for it.
    Agreed... people here will have an obvious bias against the iPhone (I've seen some ridiculous claims/"facts") and people at an iPhone community will have an obvious bias against RIM (again, ridiculous "facts").

I like my iPhone, but there are some obvious faults that even the 3G version doesn't solve.

I like the BlackBerries I've used, but there are faults in them too.

There is no perfect phone... whichever you prefer whether it be RIM, Nokia, HTC, Apple, etc etc is up to you. There's no point arguing about it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I am npt a fanboy either way!!

Here's my issue. I own an 8320 curve from Tmo. I love UMA because it has saved me a LOT of money because of the $9.99 unlimted calling over wifi. I use it for work 5 days a week. The call quality is tremendous and not one dropped call (once I found all the secrets here on Crackberrry).

However, as part of my job I need the ability to view Word, Excell and PDF documents on my phone when I am away from my desktop. This is difficult at best on the Curve but is much easier on the iphone because of the screen size and the native apps.

The Bold has docs2go and the same resolution but a smaller screen and will not have 3G on Tmo (at least from what I have read so far).

In addition, while MMS does not mean much to me personally, copy & paste mean a lot.

So, what would both sides recommend??
    Loving Phoenix hot or cold
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast