Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. fifthand's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Is there a way to block "unlisted" or "private" numbers?

    AT&T tells me they are unable to block incoming calls that are unlisted, private, blocked, 0000000000, etc. I don't get ton of these calls but it pisses me off every time I do. Is there a way in profile or otherwise to not receive the call? Even if I still got it but the ringer was off for those calls. Ideas?
  2. skullgame45's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,823 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    TO BEANER
    #2  

    Default

    No, you're gonna have to live with it. I hate getting them too but I have to answer cause my brother likes to keep his number unlisted.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  3. Paullamm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    113 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    There is a way to stop the phone from ringing when they call. Go into messages and add the number to your address book. Then go under Profiles/advanced/add exception. Add that number as an exception and set the profile to Quiet. That way when they call the phone will not vib or ring. It will still go to voicemail. Good luck. Hey, its free. There are programs that will stop the call coming in altogether.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  4. pbflash's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    880 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paullamm View Post
    There is a way to stop the phone from ringing when they call. Go into messages and add the number to your address book. Then go under Profiles/advanced/add exception. Add that number as an exception and set the profile to Quiet. That way when they call the phone will not vib or ring. It will still go to voicemail. Good luck. Hey, its free. There are programs that will stop the call coming in altogether.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How can they add the number to the address book if it is unlisted, blocked, or private? The OP wants to block calls that don't show their phone number.
  5. JonathanBrass's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    31 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    YouMail allows you to block specific numbers, as well as "private" or "unknown" callers. Other visual voicemail apps can probably do the same, but I only have experience with YouMail... And it's free!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  6. K B
    K B is offline
    K B's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,563 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    You can get third-party apps that will do this, like Antair, though that one is pricey. There will be lots others, though.
  7. Username00089's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    11,423 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Advanced Call Manager also works. A bit pricey as well.
  8. DreamAs2Live4Evr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    175 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fifthand View Post
    AT&T tells me they are unable to block incoming calls that are unlisted, private, blocked, 0000000000, etc. I don't get ton of these calls but it pisses me off every time I do. Is there a way in profile or otherwise to not receive the call? Even if I still got it but the ringer was off for those calls. Ideas?
    Black and White list app and Youmail. I used both together having
    only my address book being able to contact me, and blocked or private
    sent to voicemail and automatically hung up on lol.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  9. Username00089's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    11,423 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamAs2Live4Evr View Post
    Black and White list app and Youmail. I used both together having
    only my address book being able to contact me, and blocked or private
    sent to voicemail and automatically hung up on lol.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think once I tried to use Black/White list for my Bold and it wasn't compatible.
  10. berryfit's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,145 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,152 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM and Ask
    #10  

    Default

    You can go to your address book and create a listing with the name "private number" and another called "unknown"

    Then go to profiles, advanced, and choose the profile you use.

    Create an exception using the 2 new addresses and set them to mute.

    Then when someone calls with private numbers you won't hear it!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  11. newtobb1's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    16 Posts
    #11  
  12. Jonneh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,010 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,795 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    How about a free alternative 3rd party app called "CallsBlocker"?
    I'll take a snapshot of the configurations screen for you.



    Block unlisted, private, and/or withheld #'s. For Free.
    Just make sure after you enter any custom # you want blocked and do all your customization, DO NOT HIT THE RED (END CALL) KEY. Use the BB "back" button to exit. Otherwise the calls will still go through completely.

    Have fun.


    edit - P.S: Combine this app with (also free) Youmail, and you can not only block the call, but also not allow them to leave a voicemail. Wah-lah!
    Last edited by Jonneh; 07-04-2009 at 08:59 PM.
  13. fifthand's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonneh View Post
    How about a free alternative 3rd party app called "CallsBlocker"?
    I'll take a snapshot of the configurations screen for you.



    edit - P.S: Combine this app with (also free) Youmail, and you can not only block the call, but also not allow them to leave a voicemail. Wah-lah!
    You win! Sweet. Thanks much.
  14. krep21's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    70 Posts
    PIN
    PM for pin
    #14  

    Default

    Did they fix CallsBlocker? always answered calls when phone was in the holster
  15. rachaelrant's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    182 Posts
    PIN
    CUSHION
    #15  

    Default

    Check out YouMail.com

    I have Antair CallScreener and YouMail so I can not only block unwanted calls from ringing, but can "ditch" them from going to voicemail as well.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Elliot

    Just 1 bite was all it took. Just 1 bite and now I'm hooked!

    My name is Rachael and I am a BBholic.
  16. laollis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,086 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    I use youmail, and it blocks and ditches unwanted calls.
    Another Day in Paradise
  17. Username00089's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    11,423 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonneh View Post
    How about a free alternative 3rd party app called "CallsBlocker"?
    I'll take a snapshot of the configurations screen for you.



    Block unlisted, private, and/or withheld #'s. For Free.
    Just make sure after you enter any custom # you want blocked and do all your customization, DO NOT HIT THE RED (END CALL) KEY. Use the BB "back" button to exit. Otherwise the calls will still go through completely.

    Have fun.


    edit - P.S: Combine this app with (also free) Youmail, and you can not only block the call, but also not allow them to leave a voicemail. Wah-lah!
    The only problem with CallsBlocker is that if you have your phone in your
    holster, not only will blocked calls go through, but the phone auto-answers
    by speaker after two rings for any call. The developer made it specifically for
    the Storm. The complaints about the problem I told you about were ignored.
  18. Jonneh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,010 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,795 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forever29 View Post
    The only problem with CallsBlocker is that if you have your phone in your
    holster, not only will blocked calls go through, but the phone auto-answers
    by speaker after two rings for any call. The developer made it specifically for
    the Storm. The complaints about the problem I told you about were ignored.
    Yikes, never knew about those huge bugs!
    And I never even knew it was for Storm specifically.
    Although the app still works when not in holster, on Bold.
    I wonder how many people here use holsters daily...lol
  19. fifthand's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    CallsBlocker not working on the Curve I hope it works on the Bold.
  20. Undisputed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    I got Toysoft's PictureID and CallerID blocker app (available here: Full Screen Caller PictureID and callerID blocking - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store) on Friday and it's been working flawlessly. Just keep in mind I have the Bold and am only able to use the CallerID block.

    It allows you to block unknown/private callers (send it straight to voicemail) and you can also add numbers which you want to block (send call straight to voicemail) and it also has an amazing feature that allows you to pick up and hang-up number you add. I love this feature because I have one person in particular who I don't want to talk to nor want them to leave me a message. So when they call they just hear a busy signal. Try out the trial and see if it's suitable for you.

    Oh, and another great thing about this app is that you're phone doesn't even ring once, unlike the free call blocker app, which I had used up until Friday for a few months.
  21. Undisputed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laollis View Post
    I use youmail, and it blocks and ditches unwanted calls.
    I wish YouMail was available to Canadians! The fact that you can assign an outgoing voicemail greetings to certain numbers is something I'd PAY to have!
  22. Jonneh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,010 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,795 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fifthand View Post
    CallsBlocker not working on the Curve I hope it works on the Bold.
    It does.

    But make sure you read a few posts above about the holster bug (i've yet to actually test mine to see if it holds true for my own copy of CallsBlocker, but since I've never heard of an update to the app, I bet the bug is still there).
  23. Bargsbeer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    I went with Youmail and it works great.I tested with a blocked call and it worked. Also I got a custom voicemail greeting.

    not bad at all for a free app.
    iPhone to Storm to 8900 to Bold to 9700

    In the end,There will only be Keith Richards and cockroaches left.
  24. audit's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    847 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,005 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Antair CallScreener and YouMail's worked for me for the last 3 years.
    audit
    ------------------------------------------------
    No Longer RETIRED Forums Moderator
  25. ak29's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    377 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    You Mail isnt that great for Canadians since the access number is in California so only if you have a long distance plan is it really worth it for us.

Posting Permissions