Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Tethering with Bold on a laptop question

Hi all,

I've just set up my new laptop with my Bold as a modem and it works flawlessly.
    What is this i'm hearing about tethering being an option soon? i'm with Rogers.

Since i'm on the 6gb plan i hope i'm not gonna get any surprises as it's plenty to surf .

thx
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    PIN
    it to the floor!

Quote Originally Posted by jrmtl View Post
    Hi all,

I've just set up my new laptop with my Bold as a modem and it works flawlessly.
    What is this i'm hearing about tethering being an option soon? i'm with Rogers.

Since i'm on the 6gb plan i hope i'm not gonna get any surprises as it's plenty to surf .

thx
    The one I hear about the most is the 5GB tethering plan at&t has that they want you to pay extra for. They say you need it to gain access to a certain access point and to use this program they have called communication manager but as several on here have found out you can just set up a dial up connection if you know were to find the settings and can do it on the standard data plan. You just have to keep an eye on how much you use it so they don't flag your account for high data usage.
    Life motto’s
    Drive Hard, Dream Big
    &
    Fake it 'till you make it.