Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Still no official 5.0 from AT&T - LMFAO

dont wanna hear the gripes about all the leaks and other officials.

I am referring to the millions of 9000 owners on AT&T who want an official from their carrier.

Epic fail.

In any event, have been using my Nexus One for a month now and honestly its the best smartphone ever. Email is well above expectations. Dont miss the keyboard, and is not a lame iPhone.

I cannot believe there are still so many blackberry die hards.
    CrackBerry Addict

I didn't wait for the official ATT 5.0. I installed the Sewdish version and it works great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,370 Global Posts

but but but, they're offering all their blackberry models for free now with contract renewal...they don't want you to keep that one...9000 + 5.0 + at&t will probably never happen.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    but but but, they're offering all their blackberry models for free now with contract renewal...they don't want you to keep that one...9000 + 5.0 + at&t will probably never happen.
    It may not happen officially from AT&T but I have a 9000 + 5.0 + AT&T with no problems at all. I am more than happy with my 9000 after almost 1 year of owning it.

CrackBerry User

PIN
    TOS w/ 351 Clevelands RULE

Quote Originally Posted by sdmcwilliams View Post
    It may not happen officially from AT&T but I have a 9000 + 5.0 + AT&T with no problems at all.
    Same here...my 9000 + 5.0 + ATT works awesome. Tons more memory, smoother flow between apps and the upgrade was painless. I don't really understand the need for 'official' labeling to make an OS more palatable.
    Depression is anger without enthusiasm.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts

this point in time, at&t 5.0 release is worthless. just use other versions of 5.0 of other carriers, and be on with it.
    {"for better for worse,for richer for poorer,in sickness and in health,cherish,and to obey,trust u and respect u,love you faithfully good times and bad times,care and protect u,comfort and encourage,stay with for all eternity"}
    _american in the usa_
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    PIN
    Sold my Berry :(

Default leaked

At this point, just install either the leaked or overseas carrier OS, since 5.0.0.464 should be the same everywhere... If AT&T release ,464, then it would be the same 464, not some more stable version or anything... I dont understand why people avoid leaked os's as if they were plagues, its still a RIM OS that works just like any official OS, just not released by AT&T. Software is software, and its quite clear that AT&T's not releasing anything anytime soon... so go with what's out there.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    PIN
    Implying I still use a BB...

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Z View Post

I am referring to the millions of 9000 owners on AT&T who want an official from their carrier.

Epic fail.

In any event, have been using my Nexus One for a month now and honestly its the best smartphone ever. Email is well above expectations. Dont miss the keyboard, and is not a lame iPhone.

I give you 0/10 for trolling effort, everyone knows the iPhone > lolNexusOne

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,900 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB6548C

Quote Originally Posted by christopherp View Post
    Same here...my 9000 + 5.0 + ATT works awesome. Tons more memory, smoother flow between apps and the upgrade was painless. I don't really understand the need for 'official' labeling to make an OS more palatable.
    Word. I'm running .238. and I've never looked back.

I've got standard AT&T 4.x on my other bold and it's like night and day.

No need to wait for official 5.0 when it's out there for the taking.
    Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.3253 + 16GB PlayBook 2.1.0.1917
    DropBox: https://db.tt/sJ8qDim <-- sign up here and get bonus space.
    BoxCrypt: goo.gl/60mjre <-- Lock up your Dropbox account
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,017 Global Posts
    PIN
    striping is ugly

and even the non die hards come back to CB to post.
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts

At&t is very picky about releases OS's. The wont rush anything. If they see issues with the software that they are given to test, they wont release it because it then turns into customer service nightmares or people exchanging their device because they think something is wrong. How many times to we see on this forum that a carrier pushes out a OS and there is a major bug with it??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by devildrifterX View Post
    I give you 0/10 for trolling effort, everyone knows the iPhone > lolNexusOne

LOL N1 is "sexy" but its far from perfect.
    No Yahoo push without f'in with the settings
    let alone Google EVERYTHING. Slow on ATT
    unless you happen to be on WiFi. Plus all the
    glitches isn't worth all that money IMO.
    Glad it's going byebye soon

And pertaining to the thread also,
    my 9000+5.0 on ATT works just as fast
    and my 9700 sitting next to it...
    Last edited by Macneil_S4; 02-26-2010 at 08:18 AM.
    I<3Quattro&BMX
    ARW<3
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts

Epic fail.

Welcome to the world of Rogers Wireless in Canada. Same deal.
    BlackBerry Z10 (10.2.1.3175), BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Wi-Fi (2.1.0.1753), Microsoft Surface 2 (Windows 8.1 RT Update 1)
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    no more :(

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    At&t is very picky about releases OS's. The wont rush anything. If they see issues with the software that they are given to test, they wont release it because it then turns into customer service nightmares or people exchanging their device because they think something is wrong. How many times to we see on this forum that a carrier pushes out a OS and there is a major bug with it??
    picky or lazy? i just know they want the perfect OS.... thats why im on leaked OSs...
    Kevin-
    OS 5.0.0.822
    How To Install bbsak/.cod
    Due to government regulations, positional information is delayed by 5 minutes.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    You know, it's true. I can't blame them for this. I recently tried the "official" 5.0.0.464 on my Bold 9000 on Rogers. Overall, it was OK, but it did have bugs. GPS was inaccurate, huge memory leak, no icons for Docs to Go... battery life was bad... I did a clean wipe and install (twice), still not perfect.

Today RIM "leaked" 5.0.0.509 for the Bold 9000. It seems to me that the Bell release (.411) and the Kuwait release (.464) were just steps to a yet unreleased FINAL build such as 4.6.0.304 for the 4.6-series. I will wait it out, it just takes to long to experiment and then end up going back to the latest official release anyway.
    BlackBerry Z10 (10.2.1.3175), BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Wi-Fi (2.1.0.1753), Microsoft Surface 2 (Windows 8.1 RT Update 1)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

I'll be enjoying myself on android 2.1... which is not in beta