CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default A small crack on my screen which has been getting bigger

I had my BlackBerry Bold 9000 for about 2 years now. Lately, I noticed a small crack on the screen (not like a crack as in a glass crack, but I mean some of the tiny bulbs that make the BB screen have totally burned out, some little green dots are seen too, assuming that the red and blue tiny bulb has burnt out) at first, I didn't really mind it.

But lately I've noticed two parallel 'lines' of burnt out bulbs; if the screen was completely blank with white, you would see that a portion of tiny bulbs have burnt out. These 'lines' have been growing bigger and bigger. Don't get me wrong, the BB still works, it's just this weird crack in the screen is getting in the way of viewing pics.

If you want, I can send you a photo of the BB screen aforementioned, just for you to get a better understanding of the situation, but I need to know your E-mail to do so.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    27EE1588

well, you can either replace the lcd, or upgrade to the bold 9900 or 9930 or any other bb7 phone

either way
    -------------------------------------
    why did my signature disappear?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Welcome to Crackberry...
    i think that instead of buying a new screen (which is the only option to fix it) you should upgrade your Blackberry to a newer model..
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,648 Global Posts

Have you tried everythingforblackberry web site, they have parts for all Blackberry phones. I understand the importance of wanting to hold on to the 9000, one of the best Blackberry's ever made.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Please tell me what happend... afterwords..

I was just googling around to see if anyone had the same experience with my phone...!
    I just got this BB Bold 9930, found a tiny crack? no, not a crack, as you mentioned, something like a frost on the window spreading around with tiny branches. I found it two days ago. Today, it has grown to be like three times of the original length. I'm worried how big it would keep growing. It's so weird. It's actually grew 20% more during the last 7 hours. I know you posted the question a year ago but I'd like to know what happened to the monitor of your cellphone after all.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorin View Post
    I was just googling around to see if anyone had the same experience with my phone...!
    I just got this BB Bold 9930, found a tiny crack? no, not a crack, as you mentioned, something like a frost on the window spreading around with tiny branches. I found it two days ago. Today, it has grown to be like three times of the original length. I'm worried how big it would keep growing. It's so weird. It's actually grew 20% more during the last 7 hours. I know you posted the question a year ago but I'd like to know what happened to the monitor of your cellphone after all.
    i had something similar happen to my 9900... my gf mistakenly dropped the phone and it looked like dead pixels on the screen... like a smudge/smear which continuously grew from one edge to the other. However, after time, it started to disappear.... that was unreal, a self curing BBRY. another reason I love my 9900..