Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Slingbox !

Who will be DL this at 12:01 am?

Cant wait!!!!

the count down is on !

It will be interesting to see what kind of #'s they get in the first week????
    CrackBerry Abuser

i suspect 12:01am is optimistic. Theyre based over in California and if the firefox download day is anything to go by, they wont be putting the links up until they get into the office... so anytime after 9am PST... So us europeans will have to wait a while on the 30th
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by mortys11 View Post

Cant wait!!!!

the count down is on !

So if you are planning on downloading the BB app asap I'm assuming you have a sling box... Which one do you have? I want it really bad, being a college student away from home, getting my DVR from home on my cell/laptop would be a ridiculous experience. I noticed the slingbox had a regular and a PRO version and the difference was the amount of ports... do u know the actual difference? does that mean u need a seperate port for each thing u want to send ur cable to? And please post ur reactions to the mobile version after u get it!!! Gotta convince my family to chip in for the cause! haha
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have the basic one which I got for about $100, and I bet you could find it for less. Its not HD, but if you're using it for your phone I don't think it matters.

I haven't used my slingbox in a while, but I intend to break it back out for the blackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    PIN
    nochio was telling the truth

Quote Originally Posted by mortys11 View Post

Cant wait!!!!

the count down is on !

12:01... your wasting a whole minute !!! LOL... I'm trying to get it at 12:00 on the dot! LOL

I actually wish you hadn't reminded me...now its gonna be hard to get through my day
    www.JordanLRice.com
    "Where Faith and Thinking Collide"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Hooked up my Pro-HD today and on the home network my computer and laptop look great!!! Both computers say they are using between 5,500-7,000kbs.

I stopped by my office today and used the computer to see my home slingbox and it looked quite good over the internet. Of course AT&T sucks, when uploading to the net it only pushes out about 350kbs. At work it said it was receiving about 450kbs. To be that much less kbs than my home network, the picture was amazing. I did however upgrade my ATT service to the max, it starts tomorrow, but that only pushes out 512kbs.

I have to say though, it will be fine on a phone. I think even the slingbox minimum of 256kbs would work on a phone.

If I want to watch better quality on computers away from home I will need to change to a cable modem.
    CrackBerry Addict

I have the standard Slingbox, the Solo. Although it has one set of component inputs inteded for HD connections, it does not stream HD. I have tried the component cables as well as the standard a/v and notice little difference. Right now I have high speed DSL @ home with DSL @ work and can maintain a decent picture around 300-400kbs.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

My gf is going to order the Slingbox Pro at Circuit City as a late Christmas gift for 137.96$. Is that about the right price for it?

***It's out of stock right now**

I decided to go for Slingbox Pro HD since i found one on craigslist for 200$.
    Last edited by Rob128; 12-29-2008 at 10:45 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Common

Default Wi-Fi Only

From what I read n the SlingMedia web site, the software is only for wi-fi enabled BlackBerries ....

Quote Originally Posted by BerryMedic20 View Post
    I have the basic one which I got for about $100, and I bet you could find it for less. Its not HD, but if you're using it for your phone I don't think it matters.

I haven't used my slingbox in a while, but I intend to break it back out for the blackberry!

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM-D View Post
    From what I read n the SlingMedia web site, the software is only for wi-fi enabled BlackBerries ....
    Sling Media - BlackBerry

3G berrys can use data connection to stream, from what i gather from that site.
    The CBK

PIN
    "No Pin For You!"

Hmm, I would love to see the feedback on this. I am curious about how well it will work on a BB.
    "It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book." Nietzsche
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Crackberrykills View Post
    Hmm, I would love to see the feedback on this. I am curious about how well it will work on a BB.
    You would think that the strength of the 3G signal will determine the quality of the picture on the Bold. I'm sure wifi will be able to offer a decent picture so long as the broadband connection supplying it is a high speed one like cable, 3.0 DSL or better yet, FIOS.

CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    249FF3C8

Default slingbox mobile available

Guys!!! Go download!! just got it!!! I am so happy!!!! woo hoo!!!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    OCCHIO!!

Default Awesome!!

I got mine up and running, and I must say, I am very impressed. The video quality is above what I was expecting. I am watching ESPN right now, and to give you guys an idea on the picture quality, you can easily make out the scores that pop up on the ticker at the bottom of the screen. When the stats start to "scroll across" the bottom though, it gets a little fuzzy. My eyes arent the best though, so who knows. Again, very impressed and I will be registering this when the 30 day trial is up. Audio quality is 100%. I have been watching for about 30 minutes now, and am not really sure if Im watching through wifi or 3g but there has been only one hiccup where the video froze for about 2 or 3 seconds, probably buffering or something. Other than that, no issues at all. Production will be down around the office from now on, thanks to Sling.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    616 Global Posts

Can someone post the direct link to the Bold .jad file?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

Select Country Click here

Can't wait to get my slingbox pro HD
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    616 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob128 View Post
    Select Country Click here

Can't wait to get my slingbox pro HD
    I'm using a Blackberry Storm so my Browser Identity is not allowing me to download the proper .jad file. I have already installed the Pearl/Curve version directly from http://download.slingmedia.com/playe..._def_EN_US.jad but would like to experiment with the Bold version.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigVDawgy View Post
    I'm using a Blackberry Storm so my Browser Identity is not allowing me to download the proper .jad file. I have already installed the Pearl/Curve version directly from http://download.slingmedia.com/playe..._def_EN_US.jad but would like to experiment with the Bold version.
    There's no software for the Storm as for now.

Recommended BlackBerry smartphones

* BlackBerry Bold from AT&T
    * BlackBerry 8820 from AT&T*
    * BlackBerry Curve 8320 from AT&T*
    * BlackBerry Curve 8320 from T-Mobile*
    * BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 from T-Mobile*
    * BlackBerry Pearl 8120 from AT&T*

* Supported by SlingPlayer Mobile when used with Wi-Fi connection.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Smile Orange UK

I am up and running BB8120 on Orange (UK) so far only tried it on my home WI-FI

Apart from the registration being a bit of trial and error no problems and works great.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    616 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob128 View Post
    There's no software for the Storm as for now.

Recommended BlackBerry smartphones

* BlackBerry Bold from AT&T
    * BlackBerry 8820 from AT&T*
    * BlackBerry Curve 8320 from AT&T*
    * BlackBerry Curve 8320 from T-Mobile*
    * BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 from T-Mobile*
    * BlackBerry Pearl 8120 from AT&T*

* Supported by SlingPlayer Mobile when used with Wi-Fi connection.
    Yeah, it's not officially supported, but the Curve/Pearl SPM works on the Storm. I want to try the Bold SPM since I can Sling my Slingbox Tuner just fine but seem to be running into some issues with my Slingbox Pro-HD.

EDIT: Figured it out. The direct link for Bold .jad is http://download.slingmedia.com/playe...bold_EN_US.jad
    Last edited by BigVDawgy; 12-30-2008 at 08:01 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Storm Follow-Up

I tried the Bold download on the Storm (verizon). When I run the application I can an error that says it was not installed properly. Tried twice. Tried it in both compatibility and non-compatibility mode as well.
    Last edited by djrobb; 12-30-2008 at 08:43 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Does anyone know how much data the Slingbox uses if I'm viewing over 3G on my Bold? I took a quick guess here below.

Assuming the download stream is 256kbps (Picture quality set to "Highest")

256 kbps = 31.25 KB/s or .03125 MB/sec

Viewing time = Data used
    1 min = 1.875 MB
    1 hour = 112.5 MB
    Last edited by young guy; 12-30-2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Re-calculated to the third decimal point
    CrackBerry User

i was wondering the same young guy, and if your calculations are correct, that's not bad...but thank god for the rogers 6GB plan or else it would be tough...i can see myself using it over 3G maybe 30 mins to an hour a day (at the gym mostly), and that would put me at 1.5-3GB for the month, not bad...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I can't get on the website still. Must be a lot of folks downloading. All I get are errors about server busy

CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM Me. Will think about it.

Works perfect on my Bold. Love it. Go to slingmedia dot com on your browser and follow instructions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast