Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Wait for it.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question SIM Not Provisioned:2

Upgraded my Bold last night to .190 Everything was working fine last night and this morning. I sat down at my desk and noticed my signal drop and I got the SOS. On the top of the screen in the center a message said: "SIM Not Provisioned:2" I pulled out the battery, pulled out the SIM, put it back in, put the batter back in and still getting SOS for signal strength but the SIM Not Provisioned:2 message is gone.

Any idea whats going on here?

Should I downgrade? How do you downgrade the firmware?

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point Accuracy

That would be the best and next step to take if you do one more battery pull and it doesn't work.

CrackBerry.com Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Forum Guidelines | MarketPlace Guidelines
    My Twitter | The Genesis Blog
    My Marketplace Feedback
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Wait for it.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Update 1

UPDATE:
    1. Pulled the battery out a few times. Sim Not Provisional:2 Error is no longer coming up. Still no cell signal, stuck with SOS.

2. Downgraded firmware. Did a wipe using JL_Cmder. Running .167 now. Still SOS.

3. Just swapped another SIM chip with a friend. Signal is working fine. Must be a SIM chip problem. Going to the mobile store to get a new SIM chip now.

No clue why my SIM chip just acted up on me like this. I suspect it is totally unrelated to .190 upgrade, just a coincidence. Will keep you posted.
    Last edited by drfirefighter; 11-13-2008 at 10:46 AM.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Wait for it.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default Solved!

Solved!

It's official. It was indeed a SIM Chip problem and not a phone/firmware problem. As a matter of fact I'm going to download .190 and put it back on the phone after this post. I went to the store and found out my SIM Chip was locked (I had called to have a number canceled a few days ago but they canceled my main account phone number (miscommunication) and that was pushed through today) Either way went in, they reactivated and everything's good to go.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs down Sim not Provisioned:2

Greetings from Los Angeles,

It turns out that there are Bold users returning their phones in droves because of this problem. My service has been offline 80% of the time since I got the phone on Nov 20.

Swapping SIMs didn't help, resets didn't help, getting my SIM provisioned again, phone reregistered, etc. None of it helped.

The AT&T store in LA (next to the Beverly Center for you locals) is offering refund/returns with the option to rebuy the Bold with a service discount once they have the issue fixed.

Stretch92057
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have had the same problem, which is quite frustrating considering I switched to AT & T for this very phone.

Don't know what to do really, I guess I could return it for an iPhone, but I really didn't want to have to do that.

When I called Tech support, I was told this problem has existed for a number of people (she said 2 or 3 per day, not 80%, but who knows the true answer) and right now they have no solution, it will have to come from RIM
    CrackBerry User

I am having the same issue.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The Rogers Store I was working at had the same problem when the Bold came out on the first day, calling CSR/Technical Support did not really do the trick. rather we reactivated 2 brand new simcards(wasted) to solve the problem.

I guess this was solved in the Rogers Network since The bolds issued now don't really have the same problem anymore.
    Rogers Wireless
    CrackBerry Abuser

this is the warnring i get when i use a unactivated sim in my old bbs to use as alarms and such..
    Blackberry Bold.
    OS .237
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I got a Bold on Saturday 11/22 at the AT&T store it was working fine got home would not work.Had to take it back sorry to say i had to get a iphone went to two 3 sim cards SOS all three.I have 28 days to take back the iphone if there is a fix foe the BB.hope so not much of a fan of the iphone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask and you shall receive

It's a problem with the SIM, it's been deactivated for whatever reason. Contact your provider and ask them to send you another one.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm also having this issue. The phone will work for a little while after a soft reset, and then it always goes back to "SIM not allowed" or "SIM not provisioned 2" and nothing works until I reset the phone again. I got a new SIM cars swapped in, and then I got a replacement handset, and nothing works.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

I hope I don't have this problem, my Bold is on the UPS truck heading to my apartment right now.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Had the "sim not allowed" issue twice. So far after a battery pull it hasn't happened again. If it does I'll have to get a new sim card.
    CrackBerry Newbie

No problem yet here... hmmmmm
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask!!!

No problems like that at all with my bold! I even upgraded 185 s/w without a hitch as well. I think the issue is some of the bolds could be frying the sim card??

Charlie
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmnall View Post
    No problems like that at all with my bold! I even upgraded 185 s/w without a hitch as well. I think the issue is some of the bolds could be frying the sim card??

Charlie
    If it was fried though, I doubt it would work steadily at all. Had the issue twice, now it hasn't happened in 24 hours. So I wouldn't think the sim is fried...
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the issue and have now traded my bold for a new bold and new sim card

So far 7 hours in I have not had a problem (crosses fingers)
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just recieved my new Blackberry Bold and I'm getting the same message.

Is this an existing (known good) AT&T SIM migrating into the Bold, or completely new?

If known good SIM which came from a previous phone it might not be enabled for 3G and BB data.

If new SIM try it in another phone to prove it works and has been enabled before delivery.

Try a different SIM in the Bold to prove the SIM reader is good. Borrow for a few minutes from another phone, you don't even need to make a call to see the phone accept it.

Then depending what you find, call Customer Service and have them fix it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Well this has happened to me twice today, I have locked my phone to 2g which has stopped the problem so it leads me to believe it's a software problem not hardware. Gonna try a software update now just not sure if I should go for 1.9 or 2 any recommendations
    CrackBerry Newbie

gr.......i was having every problem was really getting on my nerves. just got a new sim better work!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same problem...

I just received a brand new Bold 9700 from AT&T. I have the same error as it comes out of the box. After over 100 minutes on hold, they told me that I had a bad SIM card...Going to AT&T tomorrow to get it replaced. I'll let you know how it goes..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hello fellow crackberry users!

So i just got my 'new' phone in the mail after having my old bold stolen two weeks ago. As excited as i was to be berrying again, i switch on my phone and its says Sim not provisioned:2. I call att and this lady tells me to try it after a few hours ive been waiting patiently but theres nothing happening. Now that ive read that many of you have had the same problem im upset again. I was just wondering if that means that the phone itself sucks or if it just the sim card?

thank you!
    CrackBerry Newbie

i just got this phone and am having the same problem... i put in a new SIM and nothing

they are now telling me to reload the software?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast