CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default SIM not provisioned:2

Have just got 2 new Bolds on a company tariff. Put the SIM in first one and it has come up with SIM not provisioned:2.

Got the 2nd SIM card and put that one in the same phone and it's coming up the same message.

Any suggestions?

jo
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Try again, and be careful to install completely. May also be an issue with the carrier.
    Tronyx's Important & Popular Blackberry Links (This one is worth the visit, Kids)
    Real post....
    ive had the phone for 11 days now, upgraded os to .247, unbranded using a different vsm, and, worst of all, i have broken the warranty seal because i blacked the bold out...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Hi have tried re inserting several times and still the same message and SOS.

My other Bold with the same network works perfectly, so cannot understand this???
    CrackBerry Abuser

I got the same message yesterday with my new bold. I just ended up using my old SIM.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

So it's a sim problem not the phone then.

I am going to call the carrier on Monday as I have 2 new Bolds and 2 new sim cards and neither work in either phone.

I changed my Curve 8310 to the 3rd new Bold this morning and my original sim worked perfectly well, so I do know it's not a signal problem.

What a nightmare.......
    CrackBerry User

I literally had this issues with a customer a few hours ago. Your sim card is defective.
    CrackBerry User

I got my Bold in December and never really gave much thought to the fact that it came with one of the fancy Rogers 4000 SIM cards, so there it sat at the bottom of the box for a few weeks untouched, and I just used my 3+ year old SIM card. Then one day I was reading something about the SIM cards and thought it might actually be a good idea to put the new one in so I gave Rogers a call and read the guy the number on the SIM card and then he told me I could stick it in and it was good to go. When I did put it in though it came up on the phone exactly as you said - 'sim not provisioned 2', however my old SIM was still working. So I called them back and the first guy had apparently entered in the number but forgot to actually activate me on the new card (or something to this effect), so the guy on the phone did this for me and poof, it worked. However, my push email (two accounts) that I had set up when my old SIM was in the phone immediately stopped working, and the email setup said my account had been temporarily suspended/disabled, so I had to call back a third time to get them to reactivate this. The lady said it was to do with switching the SIM cards, so if you've already set this up I would ask about it while you're on the phone the first time.

Skytrain
    Last edited by Skytrain; 01-30-2009 at 11:30 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

That sounds right.

I put an old SIM in the phone this morning and it worked and then the emails came through saying I had registered the handset !!!!!!!

Arghh so I have made things a whole lot worse now as the phone has registered to the wrong (test) SIM.

I will call them Monday - they are going to love me.

However I need help and there is obviously a defect in the SIM cards !!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Drakain

When you put new sim in did the phone work ok then?

Can't believe I have 2 defective ones, however they are in sequence - phone number wise, so possibly a batch error?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had to get a 3G compatible SIM from my carrier today, when they disabled the old sim, thats exactly the message I got. It means that the sim isnt registered on the network.

Talk to your carrier.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by fergal1982 View Post
    I had to get a 3G compatible SIM from my carrier today, when they disabled the old sim, thats exactly the message I got. It means that the sim isnt registered on the network.

Talk to your carrier.
    Exactly, your carrier should be able to sort it out for you in a couple of minutes. There probably isn't anything wrong with the SIMs you've got, you will just need to get your carrier to register them for you. After that, they will magically start working!

Skytrain
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Thank you everyone - much appreciated !!
    CrackBerry Newbie

do you think ill have a problem once my phone gets shut back on...im getting the SIM not provisioned 2 message.. and if it doesnt work will my carrier pick up the cost to get a new SIM?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default happened to me too..

I bought my torch about a month ago, and I got this message at the top of my screen yesterday, brand new sim.
    So i put in the old one from my tour, still didn't work, put in a brand new my boyfriend had, still didn't work.

This is ridiculous, I wanted to throw my phone across the room!
    I have to take it in today even though i have no time.

EDIT: *** So i called bell, and it was because my account was suspended due to overspending my cap (lame), but i guess this could mean that its not the sim card, its your account.
    Last edited by rebecca.joyce; 01-05-2011 at 11:45 AM.