Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

1 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Reset security lock, locked out of phone

i have a blackberry 9000, i bought it off ebay. it has a security lock on it and the seller doesnt know it. i havent been able to get in the phone to do a reset. is there any way i can reset te security lock password.
    i read on a forum someone who had the same problem but with a blackberry 8800 this is what they got told

--I bought a phone from eBay and I asked the seller for password and he says that he doesnt know it because he is a reseller.

So now i am stuck with this phone, Can anyone help me just hard reset it.
    I dont care about information thats in there. I just need to start using this and i have never used it so i can careless about saved info

response was
    Just enter any password until the device resets itself. It has a factory default of 10 wrong passwords and then it will reformat itself to factory specs

does the same apply with the bold 9000.. i didnt want to try incase something went wrong
    CrackBerry Addict

880 Posts

The Bold is setup the same way. Enter the wrong code 10 times and it will restore itself to factory settings.