Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Printing from BB Bold

Is there some way you can print from the BB Bold? For example if I get emails etc...Is there some app out there that can allow me to connect my printer via the USB port on the BB. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just really need to know.

Thanks
    Shedrock
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24A42F2B

That is actually a great question I too would like to know this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Not that I know of, but that would be awesome if you could.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,102 Global Posts
    PIN

Somebody...............Anybody know this?? I would also like to know. What a great question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Apparently you can use Native PDF Reader for BlackBerry but you would also need to (in my case) purchase a USB/Blue Tooth adapter for your printer like the one in the link below:
    Future Shop: Computers: Desktop Computer Accessories: GXT USB 2.0 Bluetooth Dongle - Black

I will try this out this weekend and see if it works.
    CrackBerry User

if we could print from a wireless computer through wifi configuration i am sure something could be set up for the blackberry wifi connection as well....?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I googled it and found articles from 2005 from a company called thinprint that had a app that would allow printing via bluetooth in the bb
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Printing and faxing from your BlackBerry

Hey everybody,

Yes, you can print from a BlackBerry using Bluetooth. You can even fax from a BlackBerry. We have corporate solutions, and hosted solutions for individuals too. If you want to know more, please visit Cortado's web site, or if you want to contact me directly you can at roger.guerrero@thinprint.com.
    Also, just to clarify, Cortado is a division of ThinPrint, so all of you were correct in pointing out where our solution came from.

By the way, you cannot print over USB from a BlackBerry. RIM designed the USB port to act as a slave port, so you are unable to push print jobs over it. Plus, a BlackBerry does not have enough processing power to directly print anything more complex than simple text. The PDF solution that Shedrock posted about will not work. If you want real solutions, come talk to me...

Roger
    Last edited by roger821; 11-26-2008 at 09:13 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    22CB2AFD

I would think that with the wifi you could print to any printer on your network. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a solution out there....

Mark
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    22CB2AFD

There are a number of solutions that allow for printing via BlueTooth or through a fax machine (which is a neat idea, you forward the email, doc, etc to the fax machine and let it do the work...)

BlackBerry Software - OnlyBlackBerry.com Software Store
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

There's a difference between connecting to the internet over a wifi network and actually being able to navigate within that network. Not sure how the BB handles this, but it is different from a software standpoint.
    Tronyx's Important & Popular Blackberry Links (This one is worth the visit, Kids)
    Real post....
    ive had the phone for 11 days now, upgraded os to .247, unbranded using a different vsm, and, worst of all, i have broken the warranty seal because i blacked the bold out...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

This isn't free but once again allows you to print over Bluetooth (Or USB is you buy a Bluetooth dongle for your printer...)

BeamSuite Overview
    A CrackBerry Bold addict...
    CrackBerry Newbie

IMHO, to offer a solution costing in excess of $ 1,000. - 2,000 is . . . . missing the point of the purpose of this forum.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hsiung.rc View Post
    IMHO, to offer a solution costing in excess of $ 1,000. - 2,000 is . . . . missing the point of the purpose of this forum.
    IMO, users here 'about spend lots more than what you say to get full benefit from their RIM phones, and often it is a well spent business expense
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

But can you not print it to fax?
    I thought I read somewhere that you can,
    I will see if I can find it again.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,148 Global Posts

Email the document to your desktop computer and print it out.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Printing from Blackberry

slgmobile and cortado have a solution for printing from the BB. Anyone tried these? Anyone tried using wifi to print to an IP printer?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

There was an app on app world that let you make changes to HP printers in ones office as a joke. I think its in the entertainment section. If they can do this, I would think that a wifi and/or bluetooth print function would be out there. But if I am on the road traveling, I have been forwarding docs to a hotmail, yahoo etc email account on the hotel's free business center and then printing it out. It works in a pinch, but if you need to print out a confirmation number when entering information, its still an issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default HP lets you print from a BlackBerry

FYI

Supposed to be internet based Cloud printing.

HP lets you print from a BlackBerry | Reuters
    "...You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Won Kenobi
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    884 Global Posts
    PIN
    TO BEANS!!!

Bluetooth dongle in a printer works just fine for me. The printers has to have BT support built in. Then to print, pair to the printer and send it a file (picture/text doc).
    Him - 9800 Unlocked 6.0.0.600 OS , 16Gb/C2 MicroSD <---> Her - 8900 UL 5.0.0.1005 OS , 8Gb/C6 Micro SD
    "When in doubt, PULL THE FREAKIN BATTERY!!!"
    Rogers APN Settings Info