CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Print on a network printer

Hey guys,

I was curious if there is a way to print from my blackberry (bold) to a non bluetooth or wifi printer. Is there an application that I can use to print a document on my blackberry by patching it thru my laptop's bluetooth connection to access the network printers on our server somehow? If there is such a program that i can enter the server address where the printer is located that will recognize and display the printer for connection (Canon iR C3200), and i can easily connect to it as I would in windows, that would be ideal. I need a way to get my bluetooth software to see the network printers at the server and a Blackberry application to see and recognize the LAN connected devices on the server. Thanks,

Nick
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

I'm interested in a solution for this as well!
    CrackBerry User

hi all, is anyone able to shed any light on this??

im not sure if my question is the same as the OP..

i fust want to be able to receive emails at home and print them to my office printer over the internet. i think ive seen a similar thing for BES however is there a solution for those of us with BIS?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts

I too would like to know if I can print to my wi fi print server either via wi fi or thru a bluetooth linked to my pc. Anyone?
    BB 9860 7.1.0.267
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    884 Global Posts
    PIN
    TO BEANS!!!

From what I understand:

To connect directly from your Bold to a printer via WiFi would require you to install a driver made by the manufacturer designed for your specific type of device. Chances of that happening? Next to nil.

Best chances are to send a file via BT connection to a BT supported printer, email the document to your workstation and print it from there, or transfer the file via data cable/BT to your desktop and print from there.

That is all I have found so far...
    Him - 9800 Unlocked 6.0.0.600 OS , 16Gb/C2 MicroSD <---> Her - 8900 UL 5.0.0.1005 OS , 8Gb/C6 Micro SD
    "When in doubt, PULL THE FREAKIN BATTERY!!!"
    Rogers APN Settings Info
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

I know BB + HP are working on some sort of universal print solution for HP printers... You'd have to look up the details though.
    CrackBerry Genius

there has to be a way out there, i know there is of Windows Mobile- Jetcet. You can print to any network printer when youre on the network.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yeah...Jetcet was nice on the Fuze I used to have.
    Torch 9800 .246
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Thinprint

There is a program called THINPRINT that is supposed to work. I googled it a few days ago, seems quite complicated though. Does anybody use this? It just seems like it is alot to setup and since I don't find the need to print directly THAT often, i was wondering if it is worth setting up.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    884 Global Posts
    PIN
    TO BEANS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crackermike View Post
    There is a program called THINPRINT that is supposed to work. I googled it a few days ago, seems quite complicated though. Does anybody use this? It just seems like it is alot to setup and since I don't find the need to print directly THAT often, i was wondering if it is worth setting up.
    Content Beamer is the product. Looks like it is supported only on BES...

Supported environments
    Him - 9800 Unlocked 6.0.0.600 OS , 16Gb/C2 MicroSD <---> Her - 8900 UL 5.0.0.1005 OS , 8Gb/C6 Micro SD
    "When in doubt, PULL THE FREAKIN BATTERY!!!"
    Rogers APN Settings Info
    CrackBerry Genius

Blackberry has a technical discussion on bluetooth and other connections to their phones; this matter can get expensive

BlackBerry Connection - Small Business Edition