Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Please Help !! My Blackberry 9000 won't start !! Battery with blue lightning bolt!!

My blackberry won't start. It only shows a white screen with a battery and blue lightning bolt in the middle. I tried using other battery but it does the same thing. It won't start without being plugged into the charger. I have tried my battery on other phone and it works fine. I also have tried using other battery on my phone and it works fine as well. So is there anything anyone can say to help me fix this problem ? I have also unplugged the battery from the phone for an hour and tried charging again but it only shows big white screen with battery and lightning bolt in the middle. Thank you as all help will be much appreciated.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

White Screen of Death:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bol...n-death-82053/

You can research it here:
    Google
    Robots Will Kill
    ..Seek.Search.Destroy..

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

now.. when you try to plug it in.. it is only blinking red light.. any idea anyone ?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    KY AND THE BRAIN, BRAIN, BRAIN...

Yes. Lots and lots and lots of guides around here for that. Here's one such guide:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

I had the OP's problem and solved it by pulling the battery at the moment the blue lightning bolt displayed (while plugged into charger). Left the battery out a minute or so then reinstalled and all was well.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
    I had the OP's problem and solved it by pulling the battery at the moment the blue lightning bolt displayed (while plugged into charger). Left the battery out a minute or so then reinstalled and all was well.
    This worked for me. I tried to charge all day via USB and got nothing but the cycleing red LED and white screen with blue lightning bolt. I followed this and it worked for me. I wouldn't have believed it going in, but I was desparate. Man these devices can be pretty weird sometimes.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask...

don't use USB as a charging option...it will eventually lead to killnig your battery...the "charge" function while plugged in is to help with handling synch operations, and major loads on the processor that would kill the battery fairly quickly...

don't use it as the only means of charging...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    PIN
    has changed ask me

From the USB standard it sees 5VDC and ground from the charger and PC. Why would it care about the source? Just curious. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask...

interesting point, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that it even states not to use usb as sole means to charge...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Keep in mind... it's my understanding that unless you have DM installed on your computer or at the very least, the stand alone USB driver file from RIM, your BB 'may' not charge as expected. It will likely charge but at a VERY slow rate and likely won't show the lightning bolt.

As I understand it, the driver tells the computer when the Blackberry device is connected and that defines the proper charging rate for the device. Whether that's done in the computer or in the BB I'm not sure.

I don't have first hand knowledge as I have always had BB software on the computers used when connected via USB but I have read this more than once.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask...

that could be possible...I was going off what I could remember from the owners manual...yes I actually read them things...went from a 8310 to the 9K...was a little change...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

that could be possible...I was going off what I could remember from the owners manual...yes I actually read them things...went from a 8310 to the 9K...was a little change...
    Yep... you did... from the Quick Start Guide...
    "If you have installed the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, you can use the USB cable that came with your device to connect your device to your computer for charging."

I believe the driver changes the default charging rate from 100 mA to 500 mA. (which is the same output as the wall charger)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask...

very good info...of course I havent ever hit my usb ports with a multi-meter...not sure how one would do that while having the bold plugged in...anyways...

never did hear back from j-vu fixed his issue...
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by j-vu View Post
    My blackberry won't start. It only shows a white screen with a battery and blue lightning bolt in the middle. I tried using other battery but it does the same thing. It won't start without being plugged into the charger. I have tried my battery on other phone and it works fine. I also have tried using other battery on my phone and it works fine as well. So is there anything anyone can say to help me fix this problem ? I have also unplugged the battery from the phone for an hour and tried charging again but it only shows big white screen with battery and lightning bolt in the middle. Thank you as all help will be much appreciated.
    Blue battery bolt means that your handheld is connected to power, but has no battery. In this case of yours it seems it's not the battery that presents the problem, but rather, I'd say the battery connector or perhaps the mini USB connector. Now to make sure, try charging using charging pod with the battery installed. If the error still presents it's gotta be the battery connector, otherwise it's the mini USB connector.

If you're familiar with assembling and dissembling, you could purchase Bold 9000 the part and install it yourself.

Edit: Here's the mini USB connector. And here's the battery connector.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by fusioncal; 03-11-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

iam having this problem now. the battery drained while I forgot to charge it last night and I had applications opened. I got a new wall charger. do I just let it charge fully for a couple of days? ill try that battery pull while connected to the charger.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by fourthchirpin View Post
    iam having this problem now. the battery drained while I forgot to charge it last night and I had applications opened. I got a new wall charger. do I just let it charge fully for a couple of days? ill try that battery pull while connected to the charger.
    No, you don't need to leave it charged for a couple days. Charge until the battery's full and that's it. Takes only a few hours.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fusioncal View Post
    No, you don't need to leave it charged for a couple days. Charge until the battery's full and that's it. Takes only a few hours.
    ok ive had it charging since 8pm last night. woke up and saw a blank white screen. What should I do now? buy a new battery? Ive had this phone since june of last year is there any warranty on this?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

never mind i bought a new battery and it fixed everything. thanks for the help