Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Phones made in Mexico...

Has anyone else noticed that the phones made in Mexico are not up to par with the others (mainly Hungary?)

i am the telecom admin for a med sized company and we have about 300 Bold 9000's deployed.

every time (literally every single time) someone has compained about their phones 'sucking (more details later)" they are phones made in "Mexico 1"

these phones randomly reboot, freeze up, throw out errors, drop calls, and or sound horrible when making a call. Many times these phones will not even have reception, while sitting next to someone who has the same phone, made in a different country, with the same service plan.

also, many times with these phones, it will have reception and appear to be working fine, but a phone call placed to the phone goes straight to VM... then a VM notification comes in... 2 hours later.

has anyone else noticed these issues?

i have a pile of Mexican phones 30 deep that i need to warranty with ATT, and i dont know if they are going to believe me... but out of 300 phones 50 break, and every one of them is made in Mexico... that is more than a trend...

Spot checking reveals that we were given about half made in Mexico, and half made in Hungary.

thanks!

phoneguy
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,257 Global Posts

It is doubtful that there is any difference between 'country of origin' since the individual components are sent to the assembly facility from various makers. The end product labels may be different but the phones are made to the same standards.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pm Me

The company that manufactures the blackberrys for every company happens to be the warranty company for each carrier.....says something..
    PIN: Ask Me

Bold 9700
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts

Mine is made in Mexico, I've had mine for 4 months now, and I haven't noticed any defects or lack of quality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts

My original phone was made in Hungry. I had to get a replacement because the trackball stopped working. The replacement is from Mexico and works better than the other phone did when it was new. So not always true, but maybe the phones you have all came from the same batch.

Helpful Links:
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    PIN
    21DECD32

mine was also made in mexico, no issues at all
    http://twitter.com/rosalesj

Bold 9700 OS 5.0.0.680
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

The last phone I had replaced was made in Hungary. I wasn't able to get service books and all Blackberry services stopped working. I have had a replacement made in Mexico for 7 months and it has not given me one problem.

8. dok
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    The last phone I had replaced was made in Hungary. I wasn't able to get service books and all Blackberry services stopped working. I have had a replacement made in Mexico for 7 months and it has not given me one problem.

x2.

my original bold was made in hungary. it crapped out after 2 weeks, and i was given a refurbished bold made in mexico. i have had 0 problems with it since. the only thing is that the color temp of the lcd screen is warmer on the mexico made bold than the cooler(and more white) of the hungary made one.
    blacked out. the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice..
    fotos
    tweet me
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by adventphoneguy View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the phones made in Mexico are not up to par with the others (mainly Hungary?)

i am the telecom admin for a med sized company and we have about 300 Bold 9000's deployed.

every time (literally every single time) someone has compained about their phones 'sucking (more details later)" they are phones made in "Mexico 1"

these phones randomly reboot, freeze up, throw out errors, drop calls, and or sound horrible when making a call. Many times these phones will not even have reception, while sitting next to someone who has the same phone, made in a different country, with the same service plan.

also, many times with these phones, it will have reception and appear to be working fine, but a phone call placed to the phone goes straight to VM... then a VM notification comes in... 2 hours later.

has anyone else noticed these issues?

i have a pile of Mexican phones 30 deep that i need to warranty with ATT, and i dont know if they are going to believe me... but out of 300 phones 50 break, and every one of them is made in Mexico... that is more than a trend...

Spot checking reveals that we were given about half made in Mexico, and half made in Hungary.

thanks!

phoneguy
    Pretty interesting observation there. I'm glad I've only been exposed to the Hungary made Bolds. I wonder how the Canadian ones fare.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mine is made in mexico and haven't had any problems so far. I've had it for 4 months.

CrackBerry Abuser

mine made in mexico, and no problem.s
    Me likey likey blackberries.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    J8RS8Y

I am on my third Bold in about 3 weeks. First one I was trying to figure out if it was the network or the phone (Mexico), Second only worked with regular headphones (not the ones with a mic)

And third seems to be fine (HUNGARY).

Just torn, because I'm trying to decide between keeping this, switching back to the Tour, or returning it and going Onyx. Just unsure if I want to keep an 8830 or 8703 in the interim. Unless I keep buying and returning the Tour. HAHA.
    Alma mater sons be loyal... Keep her name in purest light... Never waver from her precepts... Guard her banner blue and white...
    CrackBerry Abuser

i know exactly what you mean, when i first bought my brand new bold it was made in canada and it was a very solid phone, everything worked, then it got a scratch on the screen and i got a refurbished one that was wmade in mexico, and ever since ive gone through 3-5 phones that were made in mexico , they just arent the same quality, the screen ripples, back door squeaks, the fram isnt solid, i dont know if its just me but thats my opinion.