I need to get password disable but it seems this function is missing from the
    submenu of PASSWORD. There is also a small red dot before ENABLE in the same
    menu which may be it means something. The phone was locked with AT&T and
    was unlocked to be used in CYPRUS with Vodafone, but is annoying to get locked every 10min. I tried to change the password with a blank entry but cannot be accepted. Can anybody help please?
    08-24-09 10:05 PM
    I'm having the same issue...still trying to figure out
    08-24-09 11:45 PM
    My gf has the same problem on her 8900. The password option is locked to "ENABLED" with a little red lock next to it. I've tried OS upgrade and still no luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 12:38 AM
    Menu - Options - Security Options - General Settings - Content Protection - set it to DISABLED. Also disable firewall settings as well and see whether you could disable the password now.

I'm not 100% sure that this will solve your problem...
    08-25-09 02:44 AM
    The content protection is already disabled
    but firewall is enabled and like password
    there is that red spot infront of the word
    firewall and cannot be
    disabled.
    08-25-09 05:21 AM
    I want to disable password
    12-17-12 04:40 PM
    Arise old thread, I have the same problem, has anyone worked out how to disable the lock that disables the ability to disable the password?
    02-06-13 02:12 PM
    Sounds like you need to remove the old IT Policy.

Go into the "How To" forum and find the thread with that title and follow those instructions.
    02-06-13 05:37 PM
    you need to remove the old IT Policy
    Thanks, went there and found a link to "crackutil" job done! IT policy deleted and all 6 phones are now up and running with shiny new software and no more mucking about entering passwords all the time!
    02-07-13 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD