CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Outlook 2003 SMS Add In

Hi, I have just downloaded the Outlook 2003 SMS Add In from the Microsoft web site with the intention of sending SMS messages through outlook via BB.

Program worked great on Samsung phone (tested first on that as I had left my BB Bold 9000 at home). I get my BB later and realise it doesn't work with it!

The error is "The modem does not support messages in PDU format".

I've spent all afternoon on the web looking for a solution with no luck. Is it just that the modem inside the phone is not up to the job and there is no configuration change that can be made? Hope not!

If anyone could help I'd be very grateful. Thanks John
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    26,696 Global Posts

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=240080b4-986e-4afb-ab21-3af2be63508b&displaylang=en

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have read all that page especially the part about 'The Microsoft Outlook SMS Add-in does not support non-PDU standard GSM phones. Check with your manufacturer for details about PDU.'

I was just wondering if there was any configuration change that could be made to work around this..

John
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, i want to download the outlook 2003 for sms.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I send sms messages with MS Outlook with the help of Ozeki NG SMS Gateway. Great stuff and very reliable.