Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48
  1. dan96815's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    322 Posts
    PIN
    2288A399 Lets Talk BB!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Talking Which OS do you like Better??? .266 or .282 ???

    Which OS is Better???
  2. PwnCakes193's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    973 Global Posts
    PIN
    21c304f6
    #2  

    Default

    I'm still testing .282. I was on .247 before and I loved it.
  3. dan96815's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    322 Posts
    PIN
    2288A399 Lets Talk BB!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwnCakes193 View Post
    I'm still testing .282. I was on .247 before and I loved it.

    Do you see any difference in Signal strength???
  4. PwnCakes193's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    973 Global Posts
    PIN
    21c304f6
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan96815 View Post
    Do you see any difference in Signal strength???
    Ive sent 166 texts today, received around the same amount, phone was barely ever on standby, downloaded and installed 2 programs, and made about 10 minutes of calls. Im in my basement, and I get around the same signal. No bugs, no crashes, just speed and beauty. I'm currently at about 77% battery right now, and I unplugged at 10 AM. Everything seems to be a huge improvement, especially the ability to switch between 2G and 3G
  5. Duvi's Avatar

    Posts
    13,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,870 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point Accuracy
    #5  

    Default

    247 > 266/282
    CrackBerry.com Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Forum Guidelines | MarketPlace Guidelines
    My Twitter | The Genesis Blog
    My Marketplace Feedback
  6. Marc_G's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    282 > 266 so far. Certainly good enough to leave it installed while I'm out of town for the next week.
  7. trdtrung's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    151 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    the only real problem i'm having with 282 is my memory is slowly leaking..lower and lower
  8. avmsam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    990 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,229 Global Posts
    PIN
    i'll show you mine if you show me yours
    #8  

    Default

    my personal experiences... .266 is way better.
  9. dan96815's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    322 Posts
    PIN
    2288A399 Lets Talk BB!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avmsam View Post
    my personal experiences... .266 is way better.
    What is better about it?
  10. skyjackal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,731 Posts
    PIN
    G!
    #10  

    Default

    I prefer 282. Better memory management, Switch off 3G. Speed seems to be a little improved as well.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  11. budman45's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    113 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I went from .266 and so far there is a HUGE differance. I installed last night, charged it all night with if fully powered off. I've had it on 2g all day but its on used 10% of the battery. I've used the internet a little bit on 2g and it seems almost as fast as 3g. So far I'm really impresed.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  12. rabbivj's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    123 Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by budman45 View Post
    I went from .266 and so far there is a HUGE differance. I installed last night, charged it all night with if fully powered off. I've had it on 2g all day but its on used 10% of the battery. I've used the internet a little bit on 2g and it seems almost as fast as 3g. So far I'm really impresed.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This. the speed selection and memory management kicks major ***...
  13. Fiasco's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    207 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    .282 by far. .266 gave me so many problems that I went back to .247.

    .282 has been smooth since I updated. Being able to set my Bold to 2G has made it worth the update. Finally getting the long battery life I have come to expect from a Blackberry.
  14. MNotar91's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    I seem to like .247 the best. I tried .266, and .282; .266 was decent, and .282 I had bad signal strength. .247 just seems to work the best for me. I might not have given the other two a fair chance, but I'm happy with .247 for now.
  15. timn2bama's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A7CE23
    #15  

    Default

    Upgraded to .282 from .247 ,it is faster! browser seems
    faster loading up!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  16. dan96815's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    322 Posts
    PIN
    2288A399 Lets Talk BB!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNotar91 View Post
    I seem to like .247 the best. I tried .266, and .282; .266 was decent, and .282 I had bad signal strength. .247 just seems to work the best for me. I might not have given the other two a fair chance, but I'm happy with .247 for now.
    Was that on 2G or 3G I am rogers in a weak GSM spot so you think .247 would be better?
    Last edited by dan96815; 06-21-2009 at 10:09 PM.
  17. championart's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    601 Posts
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    I went from .266 to .282 been running it for 24 hours so its hard for me to say at this point which one is outright better. But to be honest. But if i had to pick one it would be .282 at this point it seemed to have given me a little better battery life, less memory leaks and the added function of being able to switch to either 2g or 3g. It's certainly not worse than .266 so thats a big plus as .266 was excellent for me.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today."

    The magic a Sharpie Marker can do http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/my-berry-bold-235353/
  18. TeritaM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,565 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,573 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    .282 ftw.

    I downloaded it twice. the first time I didn't take my time and do it properly and promptly downgraded to .266

    then I saw you could switch between 2g & 3g and decided to give it another try. took my time and did it properly...

    I used to run at around 41mb free after a battery pull. I was at 47mb after the battery pull and after 12 hours of heavy use I still have 50% battery. It's running on 2g no issues, I jumped on wifi when I needed to get on the net and it's been great.

    so far so good. I'll be using this one for a while.
  19. gray_fox's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    .282 is the best Bold OS yet, at least for me. .266 was previously the best I'd used, but .282 is a significant improvement. It's just as fast and stable as .266, and adds the ability to force the radio to 2G, a useful and long overdue feature (for us AT&T users at least). I was pleasantly surprised (shocked, rather) to find I had ~42 MB free memory after a battery pull, up from only ~21 MB on .266.

    Battery life appears to be solid, but I haven't tested it extensively. Signal strength appears about the same as on .266. I have noticed one problem with this version, however. The thumbnails for your pictures are slow to load, at least the first time you open the pictures viewer. I'm speculating here, but it seems as if this version isn't loading the thumbnails into RAM on bootup, but instead waits for you to open the pictures viewer. Regardless, it's a fairly minor bug, and I still enthusiastically recommend upgrading.
  20. rjbsec's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    91 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeritaM View Post
    then I saw you could switch between 2g & 3g

    Seen a few say this and I'm puzzled - I have .266 on Orange UK and under Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options I can select 3G, 2G or 3G & 2G - is this what is being talked about, or something different?
    Do something special today, sponsor a child with SOS Children's Villages
  21. synwars's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    880 Posts
    Global Posts
    884 Global Posts
    PIN
    TO BEANS!!!
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjbsec View Post
    Seen a few say this and I'm puzzled - I have .266 on Orange UK and under Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options I can select 3G, 2G or 3G & 2G - is this what is being talked about, or something different?
    AT&T crippled their phones forcing them to stay on 3G, whereas everyone else has been able to switch since release IE Rogers/Orange users.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  22. Marc_G's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjbsec View Post
    Seen a few say this and I'm puzzled - I have .266 on Orange UK and under Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options I can select 3G, 2G or 3G & 2G - is this what is being talked about, or something different?
    Not all carriers had this option enabled prior to 282. This is a new feature for those of us on AT&T.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  23. dan96815's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    322 Posts
    PIN
    2288A399 Lets Talk BB!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by synwars View Post
    AT&T crippled their phones forcing them to stay on 3G, whereas everyone else has been able to switch since release IE Rogers/Orange users.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you de brand it you can change it with any version of OS!!

    I did mine works fine
  24. championart's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    601 Posts
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gray_fox View Post
    .282 is the best Bold OS yet, at least for me. .266 was previously the best I'd used, but .282 is a significant improvement. It's just as fast and stable as .266, and adds the ability to force the radio to 2G, a useful and long overdue feature (for us AT&T users at least). I was pleasantly surprised (shocked, rather) to find I had ~42 MB free memory after a battery pull, up from only ~21 MB on .266.

    Battery life appears to be solid, but I haven't tested it extensively. Signal strength appears about the same as on .266. I have noticed one problem with this version, however. The thumbnails for your pictures are slow to load, at least the first time you open the pictures viewer. I'm speculating here, but it seems as if this version isn't loading the thumbnails into RAM on bootup, but instead waits for you to open the pictures viewer. Regardless, it's a fairly minor bug, and I still enthusiastically recommend upgrading.
    Wow thats a lot how did that happen i gained probably about 3 mb after the install of .282. Curious did you wipe your phone before the os upgrade or just upgraded. I just upgraded with wiping the memory clean. IDK if that has something to do with the hug jump in memory?
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today."

    The magic a Sharpie Marker can do http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/my-berry-bold-235353/
  25. y0us3f's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    695 Posts
    PIN
    5lejna.net
    #25  

    Default

    Changing from 3g to 2g is a new thing ?

    Click on "Thanks" If I deserve it.

    Follow me on twitter : www.twitter.com/bb10ar
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions