Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

PIN
    G
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Orange just rang me....we got BB maps!!

Well after my emailed complaint on monday orange rang me 5 mins ago, OK basically he said due to the large number of complaints we get BB maps, couldnt be sure but he sounded quite high up. He said the following, initially he said all the other networks also disabled it to which I answered BS!! Basically he that orange have (suddenly) found a way to make their software an BB maps work together, Gave him a good half hour lecture on how the staff feed us a load of BS and 10 CS reps will tell 10 different stories etc etc etc he got a good half hour of sh1t from me, you all would have been proud!!

Anyway he said the date is not yet concrete but we should all get a sim update AROUND the 15th of the month, he begged me not to hold him to the 15th as he said the message from the top is sim update around the 15th

Orange being orange this may never happen but I am hopeful it will
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask me

This is excellent IF they actually do it!

did anyone else get a service update from orange this week? I got one saying that i can now send MMS messages.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for the updates!!!! Hoping it happens!
    BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Orange (UK)
    CrackBerry User

Will they ever let us be able to use msn and aim do you think?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2557583E

I'm sporting a Bold from Orange in the UK and using the BlackBerry MSN app with no problems at all!
    Banned

PIN
    G
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Did you get the phone direct from orange or unlocked / sim free somewhere

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,185 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bodisaffa View Post
    Well after my emailed complaint on monday orange rang me 5 mins ago, OK basically he said due to the large number of complaints we get BB maps, couldnt be sure but he sounded quite high up. He said the following, initially he said all the other networks also disabled it to which I answered BS!! Basically he that orange have (suddenly) found a way to make their software an BB maps work together, Gave him a good half hour lecture on how the staff feed us a load of BS and 10 CS reps will tell 10 different stories etc etc etc he got a good half hour of sh1t from me, you all would have been proud!!

Anyway he said the date is not yet concrete but we should all get a sim update AROUND the 15th of the month, he begged me not to hold him to the 15th as he said the message from the top is sim update around the 15th

Orange being orange this may never happen but I am hopeful it will
    LOL. GOOD JOB BODISAFFA!!!
    I'm proud of you bro. I'm glad you now have a resolution to this problem which should have been a problem to begin with. And I'm sure he had the 1/2 hour of s*** coming...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by nanu View Post
    I'm sporting a Bold from Orange in the UK and using the BlackBerry MSN app with no problems at all!
    How? If you are on Orange it removes the BlackBerry Maps icon?
    BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Orange (UK)
    Banned

PIN
    G
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Oh boy did he get some ear ache!!!

CrackBerry User

PIN
    2557583E

Quote Originally Posted by nigeltrevor View Post
    How? If you are on Orange it removes the BlackBerry Maps icon?

MSN matey not maps and I also got the maps app to run and display the icon but when the app runs a message pops up saying "BlackBerry Maps has been disabled"

@Bodisaffa

Yes it is direct from Orange, I restored MSN to the Bold from a temp back up file created from the Curve, and it runs and works a treat!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2557583E

Ok I have now got BB Maps to run also, but it is not downloading data to display the maps! hmmmmm. . . . . ..
    CrackBerry User

Shows that (hopefully) power of the people works!!!!

Good news and a big "two's up" to the Orange Heirachy"
    CrackBerry User

Fantastic news! I will be checking my icons around the 15th

Though I suspect that Google Maps is still far superior... :-)

CrackBerry User

PIN
    2553FD35

Great news.

I now cannot wait for the 15th it's like waiting for the BlackBerry all over again
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    gillymott

I said this in another post. I rang orange and they told me there was a software compatabiity issue, however on the next software update they are including BB Maps
    Be Bold
    GillyMott

Blackberry Bold 9000 User
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2557583E

Quote Originally Posted by Gillymott View Post
    I said this in another post. I rang orange and they told me there was a software compatabiity issue, however on the next software update they are including BB Maps

It has nothing to do with the software BlackBerry™ maps is already there they just choose to disable it to try and get more money from us!
    When I replace Oranges BlackBerry™ maps service book with that of T-Mobiles I get maps to work just fine as soon as I push Oranges service book back it disables maps again,
    That is why if you look in your service books you will find one for maps from Orange! All they have to do is edit that service book and re-push it to our devices, which I'm sure can be done in 9 minutes as oppose to 9 days!

Banned

PIN
    G
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

LMAO!! the dude on the phone pretty much tried to convince me they had been working day and night to get the software compatibility option sorted when we all know it has simply been disabled!!

Time will tell but I am hopeful on this one, for the first time in my 9 years with orange I actually felt like the guy knew what he was taliking about!!
    CrackBerry User

I think this would solve the majority of Orange Bold issues, if they released BB Maps.
    CrackBerry Master

Good Work !! Goes to show the customer does still have sway.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Smile It Could Be Orange Maps?????

I don't wish to be the bearer of bad news, but it could be possible that it is not BB maps, but indeed Orange maps that the "high up man" from Orange was talking about. From my dealings with Orange they said that 15th September is the launch date for Orange Maps.

I hope you are correct though and we get the choice of maps on that date...

George
    Scotland

PS Just about to buy my first ever BlackBerry, I hope they are fabulous!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by georgeontheweb View Post
    I don't wish to be the bearer of bad news, but it could be possible that it is not BB maps, but indeed Orange maps that the "high up man" from Orange was talking about. From my dealings with Orange they said that 15th September is the launch date for Orange Maps.
    We should be so lucky! Orange Maps looks much better than BB Maps! It has full sat-nav functionality with voice turn-by-turn instructions! BB Maps is more like Google Maps, whereas Orange Maps is a full blown sat nav app.

I had BB Maps on my old Curve on O2, and it wasn't much cop - as many people have already said here - Google Maps is better IMO.

If Orange enable BB Maps I'll most likely have a play with it, but it'll still be Google Maps I go to use every time.

If they give Orange Maps free for users, I'll be well chuffed, as looking at the details, looks neat, especially with the voice turn-by-turn instructions.
    BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Orange (UK)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    E=Mc2

Well done bodisaffa and everyone else who rang Orange and gave them an ear bashing.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask...pm me I don't bite :-)

Lol he said "rang"...I'm sorry but that's just too funny lol

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kenny817 View Post

Whats funny lol
    Banned

PIN
    G
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Quote Originally Posted by kenny817 View Post
    Can you put me in touch with your dealer, he has got some good stuff!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast